“WORST HOTEL EVER !!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge

Save Saved
You added Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9999 Gwenadelle Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70816 (Formerly Days Inn Baton Rouge)   |
Ranked #60 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
“WORST HOTEL EVER !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived in my room it had a stinky odor... there were no clean wash linen in the room I had to go to the office to get some and did not receive any til a hour later .... then the next morning laundry woke me up out of my sleep @ 9 to get dirty wash linen its 1o'clock I have not received any fresh wash linen yet ... and to top it off the room next to me has a dog that has been barking all night and morning...WORST HOTEL EVER wouldn't recommend to my worst ENEMY....

• Stayed March 2013
magnusonhotelbatonro, Webmaster at Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and also thank you for finding the check in and checkout matched your expectations.

We are addressing your observations related to the room features and cleanliness and you shall definitely find the change during your next visit.

Each room is now individually checked and certified before checking in a new guest.

We await your next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was in Baton Rouge for a business meeting and was looking for an inexpensive place to stay. THIS was a great deal. I saw it advertised in the coupon books that you can get at welcome centers etc and decided to try it. I was VERY impressed! The room was clean and comfortable, and had a fridge and microwave in it. I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Britt T, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind words, I will share them with our staff, which is striving to help keep the standards on the rise! Please come and stay with again when you are in Baton Rouge.

Respectfully,

Britt Thompson, GM
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The management and staff at the Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge were helpful and welcoming from the moment I walked into the lobby without a reservation.

The clean and well cared for appearance of the place was reassuring and I felt safe the whole week I stayed. It's set back from the highway, so there's not much traffic noise.

Everything in the room worked and was clean, and service was fast and frequent. The laundry room had new machines and while I was using it someone came in to sweep and shine things, though they hardly needed it.

But most of all, they helped me find my way round the area, and the new, strange to me but delicious Louisiana breakfasts with friendly warmth and generosity. (My first visit to USA from UK.)

Room Tip: You might like to ask for a view of the pool and its mature palm trees.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Steve, I hope your trip home was safe and uneventful! The staff and I appreciate your kind words and will have a room for you when next you visit the "swamps and nature walks" in our area!

Please come back when the winter slows your business down next year!

Respectfully,

Britt Thompson, GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The service at the front desk was very poor! The front desk person did not know what they were doing! No ashtrays in a smoking room! Bathroom has burn marks all over it! Hair all over tub and ice bucket! Will not stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Magnuson for your recent stay in our area.

We are sorry that it wasn’t the experience you had anticipated, whatever may have went wrong.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We take our reviews very seriously.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. Complete pest control and fumigation has been done.

• The desk clerk received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose us for your stay and you can experience the change.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The only reason this place receives a 2 rather than a 1 is for this: awesome location, great price. The great price doesn't say much considering it wasn't even worth near what we payed. No towels, no remote, the bed was disgusting, the floor looked like it hadn't been clean for years, and the bathroom was a wreck. I would have turned around and left had I been able to get my money back. Don't waste your time or money staying at this place.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Magnuson during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and your overall remark.

It is heartening to note that you liked the location and also we are sorry for the experience how far unlikely may it be.

We take your observations about the rooms and the amenities has been taken care of and you shall not experience again.

We hope that you will surely choose us once again and have a new experience.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Don't even think about staying here. It's gross,unsafe,dirty.
Not enough towels and front desk said they didn't have it.
Room stinks
No phone in the room in case of an emergency( I have a cell phone) but still...
I don't know how I got through the nite.

Never again

Room Tip: Just get another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sal M, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We are very sorry for the inconveniences during our renovation. We are working to improve services. This property has the best value for your money.
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was weary of this motel due to certain reviews, but I stayed here because most hotels were booked for such a big LSU game that weekend. It's just off I-12 with several other similar motels although my navigation tried to send me on a wild goose chase. The motel is also very convenient to I-10 and to LSU. It is definitely an older motel that could use some updating, and it seems to cater to blue collar folks including workers with extended stays; however, my only complaint was that three of the four lamps were lacking light bulbs - but who needs four lamps? There is a security guard which I personally really appreciated as a woman traveling alone. I was comfortable and didn't observe any rowdy behavior or sketchy people (despite the big game that weekend,) and the current staff was nice and aimed to please. Lastly, if you want the free breakfast, remember that it ends at 9:00.

Room Tip: I liked the location of my room which was upstairs close enough to the stairs and directly above my...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sal M, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We thank you very much for your comment. They are taking care of all lights right now. We are in the process of changing to low energy consumption bulbs and they missed some.
We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in the future and show you the constant improvements we are making to serve you better

Been to Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!