“An almost home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #39 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“An almost home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The overall condition of the hotel is good, the bulk of the staff that I dealt with provided the hospitality a guest with an extended stay looked for, I enjoyed dealing with Diasha of guest services the most and looked forward to when she manned the front desk. The manager of the hotel I noticed was routinely under fire by pretentious guests who expected the sky to be delivered to them on a silver platter who routinely huffed and puffed if they didn't feel their needs were met with a fresh a diaper and a bib. My housekeeping was delayed on several instances, I was patient to accept human nature does have faults, out of the three staff that I would request schedule my room to be taken care of, Diasha came to the rescue. The rooms are extremely spacious for one person, with an adequate kitchen, and basic supplies one would need to cook a simple dinner or make breakfast. I learned to ultimately purchase some basic hygenic supplies, which will serve extremely handy for my future long term stay away from home, but the laundry room does stock the basic needs for a temporary supply. The location of this hotel is perfect, the movie theater is so close, if one wants they can take a stroll, along with a Barnes and Noble to get away from being alone. Everything is nearby, i'm glad I discovered this place, it would be my first choice of return in future visits.

Room Tip: Well, I only stayed in one room, on the second floor. You do hear random noises and heavy footsteps...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your stay, the staff and your guest room at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband's job requires travel and we stay at hotels for about 90 days at a time. My job is to find the best, safe and economical hotel. I AM SO THANKFUL THAT I DIDNOT BASE MY DECISION ON SOME OF THE REVIEWS THAT WERE POSTED. The staff are genuinely friendly, specially Gary Ford, the manager. The location is so perfect and is close to everything. Very safe place to stay and the clients at the hotel are very friendly. It truly is home away from home. Keep up the good work Gary and staff. I highly recommend your hotel, your services, your location and your hospitality to any traveller.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Clean place, well kept, very organized. Pleasant staff, great location. My family and I would def stay here again if need be without hesitation. If only more hotels held up to the same standards, traveling would be less stressful

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Please allow us to thank you for the positive review of our hotel. It’s always rewarding to read great comments about the staff and Hotel. We strive to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I booked a stay here online thru Orbitz, had to evacuate due to storm . I requested non-smoking need less to say my pillows, sheets, the room smelled like a casino. I read on my it contract that I had until 6pm to cx rservation for today. The manager refused the cancelation and was very rude about it. Mr Gary Ford. I guess he doesn't know I write/send letters. I will call corporate office as soon as they open this am.

• Stayed August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The staff strives to provide 100% guest satisfaction to everyone who visits our hotel. I apologize if you felt that our Manager was not representative of our efforts to give each guest friendly customer service. Please know that I have spoken with everyone about professionalism and courtesy as well as reviewed company policies with them.

Hillsboro, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel is kept very clean and has been remodeled. Every staff member was polite and friendly, always willing to accommodate your needs. We stayed for five weeks. The internet was important for us and it was fantastic, we had no weak signals. This could be because we were in a room close to the router. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

This is an average hotel. Mostly used by workmen on construction projects. It's relatively cheap, rooms include a kitchen with a full size fridge. I don't stay at these places and I didn't like the quality. No shampoo, thin towels, nasty soap. I would not stay here again, but if your funds are limited and you need a place this may fill your needs. Room was clean, people were friendly.

Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. It is with great pride that we provide friendly service as well as clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about our staff and the room. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great stay. Very nice place to stay. Rooms were clean, staff was great and very friendly. Talked to the manager of the hotel before our stay and also at the hotel and he was very helpful, asking about our stay and recommending places to dine. The hotel does things a bit different than a typical hotel, you have to go to the front desk to get things needed, such as soap, coffee and replacement towels. But we did not have any issues, and would stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Been to Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace? Share your experiences!