“Not bad at all” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 O'Neal Lane, Baton Rouge, LA 70816 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Marietta, Georgia
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The rating of "very good" is relative to other properties in the same rate range.

The Quality Suites is not too bad at all, and better than expected. It's everything a Quality Suites should be: an inexpensive, no-frills, a-place-to-sleep sort of hotel. The linens and towels are cheap and the furniture is cheap. However, this hotel is clean and easy to find and the WiFi works just fine throughout the hotel, and it's free - as it should be (free internet is a great way for hotels to make a good impression).

Internet: ping 11ms, download 4.25 Mbps, upload 4.36 Mbps. Tests by speedtest.net

Recommended for a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for the WiFi username and password when checking in.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

As a business customer I expect a lot from the hotels I stay at and Quality Inn on Oneal Lane in Baton Rouge, La goes out of their way to make me feel at home and they always have my room key waiting when I walk in the door and they always call me by my first name.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor reviews. Some one had been putting mis-leading info on TA. The service was terrible. It took us over 30 minutes to get checked in and no one else was being checked in. The desk clerk had to check to see if the room was clean and then when the room was assigned the key didn't work. He should have also checked to see if it was in good shape. The towel rack in the bathroom was falling off the wall. The closet had no door. Some of the lights didn't work. The hotel wasn't close to anything. We were 15 miles away from downtown and there was terrible traffice on I-12, I-110 and I-10 to get there. If I am every in Baton Rouge, I will never stay on this side of town and surely not at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hemangi p, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest Quality Suites or Inns I've ever used. Friendly and helpful staff, eye pleasing decorum and a hot breakfast make this hotel my first stop when I'm in Baton Rouge. Manager was extremely careful to make sure my Choice Priveleges points were applied to my stay and that I was pleased with my accommodations.

madisonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Rooms are clean & nice..hotel is older...right off interstate..atrium is big & nice.,.,breakfast is norm that you get at most... rooms are very reasonable.... would stay again ....no different than most in Baton Rouge..just cheaper & quieter...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel service and rooms were clean and good.Mr. Patel was great and staff was very friendly and helpful. Also were so helpful with directions around the city. I will be back to more times during the year and i wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

After trying and failing to call a hotel across the parking lot from this one a few times, finally getting someone on the phone and feeling brushed off by them, speaking to the front desk staff at Quality Suites was a breath of fresh air- and did I mention, they picked up the first time I called! Mr. Patel was very accommodating, I told him I was on my way to BR and needed a room for the night, he gave me a great rate on the room and I had no trouble finding the hotel thanks to the Hobby Lobby parking lot tip. I felt like it was a decent area, not once did I feel my safety was compromised and being young and traveling alone this was very important to me. Check in was a breeze and when I asked for a dinner recommendation I was asked what I would prefer (working in customer service for 5 years, this impressed me because not everyone thinks to ask what you're in the mood for). I was tired so I settled for McDonalds haha. The room was clean and the overall appearance of the hotel was very clean, you can tell they are very adamant about upkeep. I am so so so glad I stopped here for the night as all around my whole experience was top notch. Breakfast was pretty great as well, another thing I look at when booking stays. Thank you Quality Suites BR for such an amazing stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!