“Affordable and all round excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Austin, Texas
“Affordable and all round excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My grandson and I took an extended road trip, more than 3,000 miles. This was our last stop before we returned home. After driving all day it was a welcome relief to check in for the night. The staff was very friendly and cordial. The indoor pool and hot tub was very clean and perfect for relaxation and exercise after a long day. The suite was a good size for the two of us and would be just fine for a large family as well. The free breakfast was better than most other hotels. The two TV's were a plus for us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you and your grandson enjoyed our indoor pool, spacious suites and complimentary breakfast. I will share your comments with the staff. They really appreciate when our guests enjoy their stay.

Jeanette Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hixson, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to Houston Texas. The hotel is located just a
couple of minutes from the interstate so that's very convenient. The check in was quick and
the young lady at the front desk was very helpful. The one problem was that the air condition
was not running when we got to the room. Although the room was a non smoking room the
room had the smell of smoke. After the air had been on for sometime the smell disappeared.
Overall the stay was a good one and I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Since our hotel is 100% non-smoking we will make sure that there are no smells lingering in any of our rooms. I appreciate you letting me know. We hope to see you soon when travel back through Baton Rouge.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed 1 night while traveling home from Texas. We booked via Priceline Express Deal and got an excellent rate.

I wish every hotel we stayed at on our trip was like this one. The staff were very professional and courteous. The room was great - 2 beds plus a sleeper sofa. The entire property and room was very well maintained and exceptionally clean. My only quibble was that the pool & sauna area was in relatively poor shape compared to everything else.

If this property is any indication of what the SpringHill Suites are like, I want to stay in one every time we travel. We had a great experience here and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thanks for the great review. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our hotel. Please come back and see us the next time you are driving through.

Arabi, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Located right off of Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge, this property is well maintained and has very clean rooms, clean lobby and is priced right, not too expensive. We stayed here for a weekend swim meet in Baton Rouge and we were thrilled with the staff, cleanliness and we give our overall stay definitely 5 stars. We would have no issues staying here anytime in this area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I will share all your great comments with our staff. I hope to see you back soon.

Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We checked in here after driving from Houston. The service left something to be desired: it seemed to be manned by one college student who was handling everything. Checking people in, tending to questions, etc. For example, we had to call the front desk when our bathroom light didn't turn on. When nobody showed up for a good half-hour, we called again -- eventually, this same girl came up to fix the light herself! There literally seemed to be nobody else working in there. The next morning, a different clerk didn't even pick up their head when we said we were checking out. Talk about apathetic!

Because of the hotel's proximity to LSU, it seems to be a very busy spot, and the carpets in the hall seem to be worn down as a result. The rooms themselves were decent as of our visit, with a pair of TVs angled toward the beds and sofa in our queen-sized room. And the value is decent too, not to mention convenient being near I-10. Overall it was pretty mediocre though, and I'm not sure I would stay there again if I had a choice (we booked late in the day and thus had no other options).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you had to wait to get your bathroom light fixed. I can certainly look at our staffing schedule and make sure that I have the proper people scheduled for busy nights. I am glad you liked the room layout and the televisions. I will share your comments with all of our staff members so we may improve our service,

Genera Manager
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights for a business trip. The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. The location is near a lot of businesses, a hospital, and some government offices. It is not near the downtown area but does have a number of decent restaurants nearby. It is right off the main highway so it's convenient getting around, but that also means some rooms overlook the highway and can be noisy. I had no trouble sleeping however, and they do give you earplugs if needed. It was nice having the refrigerator in the room - there is also a microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast is included and is adequate. I would stay there again if I were ever in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to see that our location was conveinent for you, our hotel was clean and that the staff treated you well. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Summer at the front desk is delightful and seemed to remember me from my last visit. When you travel a lot it feels good to be treated well. Most of the other hotels in BR have terrible service. Summer is a great face to have at the front. My room was super clean, as usual.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely share your comments with Summer and the rest of our staff.