“10-week stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Ocean City, New Jersey
“10-week stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The best part of my 10-week stay was the people. Specifically, Jeanette Knight, General Manager and Brandon King, Front Desk Supervisor. In addition, the behind-the-desk personnel, Damarcus, Kramer, Courtney, and handy-man, Paul. Every one was super nice to me. I had left my sports jacket in the room when I checked out, and they arranged for it to be sent to my home; I received it within a few days. I would happily stay at that hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine, elevator, and the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We loved having you here and that you chose us as your home away from home. I really enjoyed getting to know your wife when she visited. We hope that your travels bring you to Baton Rouge again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Jeanette Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I drove into Louisiana from Dallas, TX to pick my parents up from Northern Louisiana. My mom has multiple health issues and had an appointment at a nearby doctor's office. Upon arrival we were greeted by Mr. Brandon King and the reception we received was exceptional! Mr. King was very considerate of my parents, respecting their age and their need for a handicap accessible room. I was most pleased! Upon entering the room we were delightfully amazed of how spacious the room was. The seating accommodations, and added room amenities was superb! The TWO TV's; AWESOME!!! Loved having access to the internet where I was able to complete time sensitive work related projects! Most of all my parents felt like royalty and the warm, inviting décor of the room eased the tension and helped them relax and take their mind from the doctor visit on tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Brandon King for exceptional service and thank you SpringHill Suites Marriott for exceeding my expectations!

Room Tip: First floor are more convenient to vehicle and front lobby. First floor eliminates the need to use t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your posting. I am delighted to see that Brandon helped you and your parents get comfortable at our hotel and I will be sure to pass on your comments to him.

Best Regards,

Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you're looking for a warm, comfortable, cozy and friendly OH and clean place to stay while on vacation SpringHill Suites is the place. My family and I enjoyed the time that we spent there and the staff is friendly and professional. Every morning there was a freshly made breakfast for the guest and if you are like me a great cup of coffee or two to start your day, was deliciously made.

Room Tip: The rooms are large and my child's favorite part was the suites has two television.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I am very glad to see you and your family enjoyed our hotel. Thank you very much for staying with us!

Warm Regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived with the kids and were pleasantly surprised. The kids appreciated the lollipops waiting at the front desk- the front desk manager was helpful and accommodated our requests with ease.
The rooms are a comfortable size,, clean, light and airy. The extra blankets came quickly and it felt as if this hotel cares about all of the details on their property. It is worthy of the Marriott name. At one point, we found out our flight was delayed and they readily allowed us a late check out. Thank you, staff!!!!

Room Tip: Away from the elevators - the rooms feel adequately insulated.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you were visiting Baton Rouge. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you back soon.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We got this property on priceline and it was amazing.
The place has been completely and tastefully redecorated.
There are granite counter tops, new wall AC controls. All new furniture and fixtures.
Brandon King was our front desk clerk. He's Mr. Hospitality. He gave us a warm greeting
and lots of cookies. He also helped us find a good place to eat nearby. He even drew a map for us and he maintains a list of suggested places to eat.
Nothing but good attitude from Mr King and that's great to have on a PL stay.
We were assigned a great room on the top floor away from IH 10.
This is a good deal, and good marketing by their GM. Exposing this "new property"
to critical travelers will only enhance their business model.
I'll drink to hotel rejuvenation and the steal of the night.

Room Tip: top floor away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am so glad to hear that you like our hotel and enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind words about Brandon's service to him. He is going to be excited that he was able to help you.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Parking was horrible. Elevator was not working and getting luggage up was a drag. Breakfast was horrible as well. Beds in the room was awesome. Shower was okay. I guess I could have given two stars. Not much of hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us your feedback. I am glad that you liked the new beds and the showers. I apologize that the elevator was not working. The elevator needed a new sensor and it is working now. We are always looking to improve our hotel and our breakfast. If you would like to email me at jeanette.knight@interstatehotels.com I would love to get your suggestions on different menu items. I hope you give us another chance to serve you while you are in the Baton Rouge area.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I gotta say, this is one of the more friendly hotel I been to in Eastern states. Front Desk was very, nice. Had 3rd Floor, but the elevtor is kind of hot... Room is very nice, had everything I needed. Even thou it is just for 1 night stay, if I passby I'll stay again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your posting. I am glad that you enjoyed our beautifully renovated hotel. I hope we get to see you again as you travel to Baton Rouge.