“Ok but could be better” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“Ok but could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was there on business and the location was great. When I checked in the person had to search for a room to give me. He asked if the 1st floor was ok and it was. But when I got to the room it was a handicap room. Not what I would prefer. The shower had hair in it and the water was way too soft. The remote didn't have a cover over the batteries. The hair dryer was Awesome. The food for breakfast was not too good. Hardly anything left and it was only 7:45am. Dried up eggs. But overall it was ok. I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your lodging experience with my team and I. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns with each department so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Gautier, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were in town for Bayou Country Super fest. The hotel was booked solid. Our room was clean, AC was cold and the water was Hot! Comfortable beds. Thought since hotel was crowded , next to the interstate and a hospital right down the street we would have a noise issue. We were wrong. It was super quite. The entire hotel is non-smoking. From Check in to Check out the staff was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor. Near end of the hall. There was a door to the outside at end of hall, Y...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is always a pleasure reading how our guests enjoyed their stay. We look forward in serving your lodging needs again in the future.
Newport News, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I booked this reservation for a multi-day business trip. Upon arrival at 4:00 PM, Ms. Courtney at the front desk seemed confused about whether my room was ready (this being an hour after I was scheduled to arrive). She wandered off for 10+ minutes without explanation, while another guest waited to check in behind me. She inquired whether I would like a smaller room for a lower price, and then said that it would be a little while longer until my room was ready. After 12+ hours on the road in 95+ degree heat, I just wanted to check in and relax before beginning work. I politely took my ID and credit card, booked at a competitor's property, and cancelled my reservation. As a Marriott Rewards member, who prefers Marriott properties to stay at, this was a profoundly unacceptable experience. I have come to experience other Marriott properties to be efficient in checkin.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay in Baton Rouge.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I deeply apologize for the poor check in experience that you encounter at our Fairfield Inn hotel. I will personally address this issue with my front desk staff and I thank you for bringing this behavior to my attention. I hope that you would give us another chance when in the area so you may experience a more pleasant hotel environment.
Nederland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This Fairfield was very clean and nice. It had a great hot breakfast to go with it.
We got a great rate with orbitz and will definitely be using Fairfield again.
Friendly service and very helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much from my staff and myself for the kind words and sharing your experience with us. We truly enjoy reading when guests enjoy their stay. Thank you for your business and we look forward to servicing you again in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very nice place. Completely renovated – rooms are modern, new carpeting – super comfy beds with thick padding. The bathroom has the sink outside the toilet/tub area and there’s a nice closet. AC worked great (you WANT that in Louisiana!) Lobby was nicely renovated with a big breakfast area with a nice selection of eats. Nice, efficient people working the breakfast area – very clean and lots of tables. Nice front desk girl checking me in. Beautiful indoor pool and gym (I didn’t use either but saw them. Good location right off the interstate. Free parking and wifi. I was only here for one night, so I didn’t see much in the area. I was in New Orleans, and it took me about an hour (give or take 15 minutes) to get here from there – a straight shot up I-10 west. All good - no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with my team and I. It was a pleasure reading your thought of our property and service. We are looking forward in serving you again during a future stay with us.
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

A business partner and I split a room here during a business trip while in Baton Rouge. The hotel is clean and the location is great. The hotel is located right off the main highway and there are several restaurants in close proximity.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable, exactly what you would expect from a Marriott property. Breakfast is typical continental, nothing special.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I want to take the time and personally thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. I am honored that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again during your future stay in the Baton Rouge area.
Lone Grove, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

First stop of a family roadtrip. Located near a hospital so it was a very quiet area. Hotel was clean, and staff was very nice. Wasn't far from several restaurants, and near the Bluebonnet Swamp. Breakfast was what you would expect for a free hotel meal. Would certainly stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your Lodging experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Baton Rouge, La with us! It is always a pleasure reading to my staff how our guests enjoyed their stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future during your next visit to the area. Thank you for your business! Sincerely, Jessica Mitchell Area General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South? Share your experiences!