“Beautiful hotel, Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Texas
“Beautiful hotel, Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed for one night last weekend and LOVE this hotel. I'm a Silver Marriott rewards member and choose their product when possible and I will now ALWAYS choose this hotel when in town. Stopped to valet park my car and who was standing outside but Snoop Dog (I have now been told he is actually Snoop Lion, whatever)! Anway, the valet escorted him and his entourage upstairs which left the valet stand empty. Waited a bit and finally went inside and informed the front desk that there was no one there. She apologized for the inconvenience and comped the fee immediately. Nice! Very professional staff from front desk, to the bar, to room service. Food was very good. Room was perfect and I was actually upgraded to a suite! I would very much recommend becoming a rewards member. It makes a huge difference in your Marriott experience. Thank you Renaissance Baton Rouge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at the Renaissance in Baton Rouge. I apologize for us not having a Valet available at the time of your check in. You are an important guest to us and want you to know that. I was very happy to see that our reception agent immediately responded and took care of your parking.
Thank you so much for your great comments with regards to the staff and service and we look forward to your next stay.

Remember until next time, "Live Life to Discover"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

It's not often that my husband and I get the opportunity to be 10 floors off the ground and this hotel offers far and wide views from both sides of the building. Sunrise and the mall on the one side and sunset and downtown from the other. On the inside, we found a very friendly and helpful staff, a cozy bed, a super clean bathroom and wonderful interior finishes. It's also not often I comment on interior design but this hotel just makes me want to! The french influence in Baton Rouge can not be denied and so it is embraced at this location. Well done Marriott! We will definitely recommend this hotel and are looking forward to being able to stay again…..

Room Tip: Mall view provides early light from the sunrise, and wonderful afternoon light to enjoy the view ov...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us as well as our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel and hope that you will return soon to enjoy our hotel and all the Baton Rouge has to offer.

Until next time, "Live Life to Discover"

Bob
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The staff is excellent from the service men to the maids! Everyone was friendly and made our overnight getaway fabulous! The room and bathroom was cleaned to perfection. We can't wait to return! The beds were to die for!

Room Tip: We always go for the high rooms! Quiet and cosey
Green Features: Very friendly and clean! They don't force you to do the eco friendly thing, but they give you the information and which will get anybody to jump on the "save the world bandwagon!" We just loved it!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. Your comments were glowing and I appreciate your recognition of our hard work. When your travels return you to Baton Rouge we hope that you will once again choose us for your home away from home.

Until next time, "Live Life to Discover".

Bob
Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights for a business meeting. The food was pretty good. The rooms were a little small, but nicely decorated with local flavor. The bed was very comfortable, and the service staff was wonderful. The locations is close to many good restaurants, the Mall of LA, LSU, and Burden Research. The bar is well stocked, and comfortable. Very good price, and would be a great out of town visit.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to respond and share you comments with us. I would also like to mention that we do have large rooms and in fact our inventory is for the most part, made up of large rooms so when your travels return you to the Baton Rouge area and given availability, we will certainly try to get you into one of those.

Thank you again and always remember to "Live Life to Discover".
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stay here every time we are in Baton Rouge -- for business and pleasure.
The staff is very friendly, lounge is enjoyable and a great place to grab a nightcap, the food is decent, the rooms are nicely sized and clean with comfortable beds.
I love all the texture in the décor.
Added benefit is they offer valet.
Very large area with lots of break-out rooms in case you need to host a conference.
Location is wonderful, it is in the middle of all the new growth. It is less than a mile from Mall of Louisiana.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the awesome comments because they tell me that we have set the bar high for Baton Rouge. We are extremely proud of our hotel and what it offers in hospitality and we also hope that you will always choose us for your home away from home.

Until next time always remember to: "Live Life to Discover".
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I really dislike having to write bad reviews, especially about a company (Marriott) that I love so dearly. However, it has been a 3 week struggle with these people!
I was getting ready to go out of the country when my family called and asked me to book two rooms for them because they were going to a funeral. Easy enough. I did it the morning of June 9th for their stay on June 13th. Well, later that night, I realized that I booked the wrong room type. So I called them at cancelled those reservations. Keep in mind, I travel a LOT and I have front desk experience so I understand that things can sometimes get crazy and they don't necessarily have time for extended phone conversations. I kept it brief. I told them what my name my reservations were under, and that I needed them cancelled. They said "okay, it's done," I thanked them and wished them a great night. Then I went online and booked the correct rooms. I then called them back just to ensure that they saw I had two CANCELLED reservations and two NEW reservations (that shouldn't be cancelled). They confirmed, I thanked them for helping me, ended the phone conversation.
Everything seemed to turn out well...
Except my aunt decided she wasn't going to read my e-mail fully and didn't care to contact me about it until AFTER the fact. The rate I booked them required her to show special ID (which I sent her). She didn't show it at check-in, so she was charged full price (which was almost $200 more). That's fine, her fault. Except she was told that if she got me to send in a copy of the ID, they would reimburse her the difference. (Yes, I know who specific told us that, but I'm not going to name her as a professional courtesy.)
So I sent in the ID as soon as I could... A week later... My aunt was reimbursed sixty whole dollars... That is NOT okay. When you tell me that you're going to do something if I go through all my trouble, and you don't follow through, it makes you a liar. Why bother? I would rather you tell me that I'm screwed.
On top of that... The person who was supposed to cancel my two original reservations... Didn't cancel them... So I have also been charged for two rooms... And I've e-mailed them and called them and told them what was going on... And for the past two weeks they've been telling me that they haven't charged me and have no record of charging me... I finally got someone competent enough on the phone half an hour ago to look through their history and see that I was charged for two rooms that I "didn't cancel." Now I'm waiting on a manager to call me back.
I have a very high tolerance for mishaps... I usually follow the 3 strikes rule. This is only the 2nd bad experience I've had with this brand (Renaissance) and it's enough for me to never stay at another one ever again. I mean, I would go so far as to stay at Budget Inn or better yet, sleep in my rental car than ever have to deal with these guys again. I've had better customer service in places I've paid a LOT less to stay in. It seems like nobody cares about their customers here. Why would I pay more to be treated in such a disappointing manner?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I want to first apologize for this incident and assure you that we want to get this fixed for you because it would never be our intent to overcharge any our valued guest. I am the General Manager and you may feel free to contact me directly. We want to get this right and I will be happy to serve you in fixing this problem.

Please call the hotel and ask for my office.
Monroe, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have stayed at the Renaissance in Baton Rouge on several occasions. It has become my "go to" for quick trips. The rooms are very comfortable and the beds are great (especially good on my back). Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, I think you'll be satisfied. There are certainly hotels that might have some more upgraded amenities, but in this price range, I have been very pleased every time I've been there. On one trip I was there for a conference, but brought my family so we could enjoy a few extra days there. The hotel shuttled them over to the Mall of Louisiana and the driver gave my wife a card so she could call for pickup whenever she was ready. It is close to the mall and within reasonable distance to LSU and the surrounding area. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was good, but they catered some lunches for our conference that were very good. The only negative I can think of is some sort of system that cuts off their AC at some point. In Baton Rouge in the summer, you really don't want to come into a room that is anything but COLD. The good news is that if you mess with the button, you can aggravate it into getting colder.

Room Tip: So far every room I have had has been good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I apologize for the inconsistent A/C and the problems you had with it. I am not aware of any on-going problems but we will certainly monitor our systems because you are certainly right when it comes to the need for the A/C to perform at it's best during our summers in Baton Rouge.
We hope you choose to stay with us when your travels return you to the Baton Rouge area.

Please remember to "Live Life to Discover".

Been to Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel? Share your experiences!