“Gorgeous hotel and great staff” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stonington, Connecticut
“Gorgeous hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel is one of the nicest we've stayed in in many states. We were fortunate enough to be able to be here for a long business assignment and by the time we had to leave, neither of us wanted to go. Was originally built as a dorm building for Jimmy Swaggart's University (right across the street) so the rooms are larger than your average hotel room. We had a very comfortable suite, clean and spacious. Place has obviously been designed and although some of the choices were slightly jarring in toto, overall it's very appealing, modern and classy using high quality materials, The staff actually seems to be glad you're staying there and always remembered our names - super friendly and helpful. Room service was quick and efficient, excellent restaurant, and Aveda bath products. Lovely patio and spectacular, gigantic lobby. This place is great. Only minor irritation is you have to pay for the wi-fi, and there are lovely fountains in the pool but makes it a little hard to swim in. Still, a nice area to hang out and listen to the chill music and lounge by the water. They also have a cool outside bar which wasn't open because it's winter, but must be nice when the weather permits.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have high windows, so if you want a better view, get the rooms at the front of the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel. We strive everyday to provide only the best in service and experience to each and every guest. Baton Rouge is a unique and fun place to visit and spend time and our hotel was designed with that in mind.
Thank you again and when your travels return you to our wonderful city I hope you will drop by and say hello.

Be Well and live life to discover!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

All pistons on firing at the Renassance. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food is very good in the bar and the restaurant. Above all the service is is genuine and caring. No other hotel can come close in Baton Rouge at this time. This is always my first option when traveling to "red stick".

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to share them with us. Our goal is to meet or exceed the expectations of each and every guest that we serve. When your travels bring you back to our great city please stop by and say hello.

Remember Live Life to Discover.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Checked in today and the guy was super nice. Hooked me up on the 11th floor with great view. He also set up me with the lounge access on the 2nd floor. These folks know how to do it right. Will come back again. I wanted to give Joe a compliment to his manager but he told me he was the boss tonight. A+

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Exceeding our guests expectations is always our goal and it appears that we met yours. I will share your compliment about Joe with him because he does do an outstanding job as do all of ambassadors. When your travels return you to our wonderful city, please stop be and say hello for I would love to meet you.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Have stayed here four times in 2013. Service, decor, amenities are top class. Only issue is that the room walls appear to be pretty acoustically porous. Way too easy to hear alarms going off in adjacent room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your feedback and will look into the noise issue. I know that this is not an issue that we hear about very often so it may be isolated to certain areas of the building. We will look into it with the hope that when renovations are done in the future we might be able to correct the problem.
Thank you again for sharing this issue along with your very nice feedback. When your travels bring you back to Baton Rouge I would love to have the opportunity to meet you.

Rockwall, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed 1 night. The hotel lobby is impressive and very nice. The staff were friendly. We would stay here again. My only slight "con" is that we booked it thru hotels.com and something goofed up. I booked a 2 queen bed room since there were 4 of us, but the front desk person said we had a King room. Luckily they had 2 queen rooms left and changed it for us.

Room Tip: Request north side of hotel if possible. The south side faces Bluebonnet and road noise can be hear...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and more importantly for sharing your feedback. I want you to know that your feedback is important to us.
My hope is that when your travels return you to Baton Rouge you will once again choose our hotel.

Gulf Coast, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Pros: The hotel & guest room decor was warm and very nice; The room service was actually pretty good, but a little limited with choices; The bed was extremely comfy; The housekeeping was above average and did a great job keeping everything cleaned & stocked.

Cons: We booked an Executive Suite at this hotel months prior to arrival. Upon arrival, we were told we had been downgraded to a Deluxe King due to them being overbooked. UGH! Why do hotels do this?! The Deluxe King was actually quite large, but still not what we needed for our family or what we wanted that matter; The valet service was a bit confusing & disorganized, but there is ample self parking; We never could get the air to work properly in our room and it stayed a bit stuffy our entire stay.

I would probably stay at this hotel again, but only because of the lack of choices in the Baton Rouge area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am truly sorry for the numerous issues that you faced while a guest at our hotel. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you when your travels return you to our great city. If I can be of assistance in the future it would be my pleasure and would welcome the opportunity to meet you.

Be Well and Live Life to Discover!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed 6 days at the Renaissance in early October for a conference. It was Southern Hospitality at it's Finest!..from the staff at the front desk to the housekeeping. I have stayed at some very nice large hotels in Cosmpolitan cities and they could take some lessons from this small but great hotel. My room was clean...beds were extremely comfortable. Location was great...you were just a shuttle ride from excellent shopping and restaurants. I had several of my meals, morning and evening in the hotel...the food was excellent. Weather was beautiful so outside seating was an option as well, thoroughly enjoyed it. The decor in the lobby to the restaurants was lovely. Very updated. My drivers were the greatest. They knew all the great places to take you to. It was a treat....as I stated in my review from the hotel site...If I won the lottery I would steal them all away. Made my stay in Baton Rouge a plus!
Don't forget to tip and tip generously!

Room Tip: If you don't like the traffic....ask for a room on the backside of the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take great pride in meeting or exceeding our guest expectations. It is only through comments such as yours that we can continue to improve and grow. We have come a long way in our first two years and hope that you will stay with us again when your travels return you to Baton Rouge.

Been to Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel? Share your experiences!