“First Class all around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Natchez, Mississippi
“First Class all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel just turned one year old. It's a beautiful property in a great location. Our room on the tenth floor had a wonderful and restful view. The Aveda products in the bathroom were a nice touch of class. All of the employees were friendly with smiles on their faces. Close to the Mall of Louisiana and plenty of good restaurants.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and writing this wonderful review! We are glad you noticed the smiles, as this seems to be one of the small building blocks that we try to focus on daily. We hope we see you back at the Renaissance Baton Rouge very soon!

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Lafayette, la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed overnight for company Christmas Party. From the minute I stepped out of my car (door was opened by the doorman) to the minute we left, it was perfect. Easy parking, great unloading area, option to free park instead of being forced to pay valet. Check in was simple as was check out. The hotel is gorgeous! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!! Everyone was very nice, always had a smile. Our room was beautiful, bed was comfortable, again very clean. That is top priority for me personally. The shower was huge! Aveda products is a great perk :) We did not visit the restaurant, bar or pool. Did not have time, however we will be booking a weekend trip to bring our children. The location is perfect.

Room Tip: no mini fridge, may have to request it. We didn't need for just one night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so very happy you found everything clean and more importantly that your expectations were met! We also hope that your Christmas Party was a blast and that you danced the night away knowing your room was awaiting you! Thank you for staying with us and we can not wait to see the kids for your weekend stay! Be sure to let us know if you need anything prior to your arrival. Have a happy holiday season!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance the first weekend in December, 2012. Originally built to become a dormitory for students at Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, which is located across the street. An elegant step up from the nearby Drury, Fairfield Inn, etc hotels. You pay a bit more, but still quite reasonable. We paid $118 ($136 with taxes), for Sat & Sun nights, via Room 77, after a TripAdvisor search. Required a 1 night non-refundable deposit, billed immediately to your credit card. Eclectic furnishings in the common areas and the rooms .. was that faux lizard skin wall covering in the bathroom? Or is it real lizard skin? Front desk/check in stations are antique looking dressers, encased in Lucite boxes. As I said, eclectic, but it works. Comfortable beds, high quality sheets, the thermostat was very responsive to achieving the temperature we wanted. Flat panel TV, with all the basic channels, plus HBO. Wireless Internet connectivity was $9.95 a day (we did not use it). Location is convenient to lots of "stuff". 1 block north on Bluebonnet is the Mall of Louisiana (Dillards, Macy's, Sears, dozens of name brand chain stores, food court, etc, plus surrounded by the consumer category killers - DSW, Best Buy, Dick's ). A few blocks south is Perkins Rowe, an outdoor main-street style shopping center, anchored by Barnes Noble. Easy access to I-10.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is several blocks south of I-10, highway noise was a non-factor. Our room overlooked...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
What a wonderfully detailed review! Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and we hope you come back to the hotel soon! You are correct when you say that the shopping is conveniently close and during the holiday season nothing is better than coming back to rest in the hotel with your bags piled around you. Again, we hope to see you again soon and thank you.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I only stayed here one night. So I didn't have a chance to experience all the amenities (restaurant etc). The room was clean. Checking out was easy. The only issue that arose when I checked in was the fact that wifi was not going to be included. I had been told when I made the reservation that I would have free wifi. Anyway, it became a non issue because Joel spoke with the manager who honored what had previously been promised. If you stay here wifi is $9.95 a day, just FYI. Overall good experience . Would definitely stay here again. It has a great location and is very close to the mall and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We are so very glad you came to experience the hotel and hope that next time you stay you have a moment to enjoy our amenities here. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope you stay with us again soon!

Natchez, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Pricey but nice. Everything you need they can provide.
Great resturant and bar.
Close to I-10 and the Mall of Louisiana
No problems experienced in my stay.
Price was kind of high but it was on an event weekend.

• Stayed November 2012
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Renaissance Baton Rouge! We are so very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction! We hope you choose to stay with us again soon and thank you again!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my three children the night of the Bama v. LSU game (ROLL TIDE!). The hotel is very convenient located just a mile or so off the interstate, with ample parking and a fairly short drive to LSU.
The hotel lobby is absolutely gorgeous. We loved the interior decor and high ceilings in the lobby. Check in was easy and friendly.

We reserved a double queen suite. The living area included an L-shaped sofabed, flat screen TV, work desk, refrigerator and coffee maker, along with a closet. The bathoom is shared by the living area and bedroom, separated by a door to each room. The doors have frosted glass which is pretty. There is a combo tub/shower in the bathroom, a nice marble vanity and Aveda toiletries that I loved.

We had two queen beds which were VERY comfortable. There is a flat screen TV in the bedroom as well as a nice alarm clock with an iPhone charger.

My only complaint with this stay was the breakfast order by room service. We ordered pancakes, a Belgian waffle, eggs, bacon, croissant, biscuits and gravy for 4 people. The order arrived within 25 minutes but was not correct. I had to call back down to re-order the correct items. The food was cold. Not room temperature, but COLD. The pancakes were not cooked through and the belgian waffle was very bland. The biscuits and gravy would have been good if the gravy wasn't cold. To top it all off, I paid $70 for a cold breakfast. I thought the kids would really enjoy having room service so I was willing to fork over the money, BUT was very disappointed in the quality. Save your money and drive to Cracker Barrel or even Burger King for a better, much cheaper breakfast.

I am not one to complain but would have mentioned our disappointment at breakfast at check-out if the lady at the counter asked how our stay was, which she did not.

I am a Silver Elite member of the Marriott Rewards program and stay in my fair share of Marriott properties. This property is beautiful and comfortable, but left a lot to be desired in the food department.

Would I stay here again? Possibly, but I definitely wouldn't order room service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Although you complimented our beautiful hotel I am very disappointed about your experience in room service as well as no one inquiring about your stay! I want to make sure the possibility of you staying with us again is a "for sure" as well as your food and beverage experience gets turned around. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. Please contact me at your convenience! Again my deepest apologies!

hm@renaissancebatonrouge.com
Homosassa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here to visit friends & family in Baton Rouge & this hotel has everything you could possibly want. It is centrally located across the street from the Mall and right off of I-10. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The restaurant was very good and served all the the Louisiana favorites. Bloody Marys were top notched.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Renaissance here in Baton Rouge! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to have you back soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel? Share your experiences!