“Gorgeous hotel, terrible room service breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Gorgeous hotel, terrible room service breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my three children the night of the Bama v. LSU game (ROLL TIDE!). The hotel is very convenient located just a mile or so off the interstate, with ample parking and a fairly short drive to LSU.
The hotel lobby is absolutely gorgeous. We loved the interior decor and high ceilings in the lobby. Check in was easy and friendly.

We reserved a double queen suite. The living area included an L-shaped sofabed, flat screen TV, work desk, refrigerator and coffee maker, along with a closet. The bathoom is shared by the living area and bedroom, separated by a door to each room. The doors have frosted glass which is pretty. There is a combo tub/shower in the bathroom, a nice marble vanity and Aveda toiletries that I loved.

We had two queen beds which were VERY comfortable. There is a flat screen TV in the bedroom as well as a nice alarm clock with an iPhone charger.

My only complaint with this stay was the breakfast order by room service. We ordered pancakes, a Belgian waffle, eggs, bacon, croissant, biscuits and gravy for 4 people. The order arrived within 25 minutes but was not correct. I had to call back down to re-order the correct items. The food was cold. Not room temperature, but COLD. The pancakes were not cooked through and the belgian waffle was very bland. The biscuits and gravy would have been good if the gravy wasn't cold. To top it all off, I paid $70 for a cold breakfast. I thought the kids would really enjoy having room service so I was willing to fork over the money, BUT was very disappointed in the quality. Save your money and drive to Cracker Barrel or even Burger King for a better, much cheaper breakfast.

I am not one to complain but would have mentioned our disappointment at breakfast at check-out if the lady at the counter asked how our stay was, which she did not.

I am a Silver Elite member of the Marriott Rewards program and stay in my fair share of Marriott properties. This property is beautiful and comfortable, but left a lot to be desired in the food department.

Would I stay here again? Possibly, but I definitely wouldn't order room service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Although you complimented our beautiful hotel I am very disappointed about your experience in room service as well as no one inquiring about your stay! I want to make sure the possibility of you staying with us again is a "for sure" as well as your food and beverage experience gets turned around. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. Please contact me at your convenience! Again my deepest apologies!

hm@renaissancebatonrouge.com
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Homosassa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here to visit friends & family in Baton Rouge & this hotel has everything you could possibly want. It is centrally located across the street from the Mall and right off of I-10. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The restaurant was very good and served all the the Louisiana favorites. Bloody Marys were top notched.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Renaissance here in Baton Rouge! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to have you back soon!

Gonzales, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a recent conference held at this hotel. Conference rooms nice, hotel very clean and friendly staff. Buffet food prepared by the Hotel was great. Gumbo not quiet like I'm used to here in Louisiana but every other food item was top notch. American Idol was there during our conference which made things very interesting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Our conference space is definitely one of the highlights of the hotel. All rooms have a bit of natural light either in or directly adjacent to and can help keep all of our attendees focused! Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our Chef's cuisine. We are very proud of what our kitchen produces and your comments will serve as a warm pat on the back!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Spacious is the word for this hotel! As you enter the hotel, it feels very open and looks gorgeous. Our room was very spacious too! The decor was beautiful and well lit. Everything were nearly perfect here. Only cons I could find were the dirty windows from our room and an overpriced breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant. (just wasnt many choices for a high price of buffet) Hotel's location is just great as it's near the shopping areas and restaurants plus the interstates. This hotel offered a free WIFI-a big plus!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Renaissance in Baton Rouge! We are very glad you found the hotel to be gorgeous and spacious! We do apologize for some of the items you mentioned such as the dirty windows. We strive every day to reach our expected levels of perfection and we are disappointed to hear that this part of your stay was less than expected. However, we are overjoyed to see you still ranked us with 5 stars and appreciate your honesty! Hopefully we see you again soon!

Commerce, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at The Renaissance the weekend of Oct. 19-21 . This was our fourth visit to Baton Rouge and have stayed in four different hotels . We will no longer stay at another hotel unless The Renaissance has no rooms available . Our daughter is going to LSU , so this time my wife and her wanted to shop while we were visiting . This hotel is within walking distance of some first class shopping and also some great restaurants . The staff was awesome and the bell boys in the front were very helpful also . If you are looking for a first class hotel with reasonable pricing , and also convenient to most anything you need , this is your hotel ! We'll be back in Baton Rouge in the spring and I won't even have to think about where we'll stay . It will be The Renaissance ! You rock !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
We are very glad that one of your stays finally happened to bring you here to the Renaissance in Baton Rouge and that the ladies found the area shopping to their liking. Hopefully there are many more "girls days" in Baton Rouge to come. We anticipate your return visi in the spring to the hotel and hope that you keep us as your choice hotel!

GEAUX TIGERS!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My new favorite hands down. Another business run to B.R., wife at home. This place is really nice, wonderful service, friendly staff. Love the bar, public areas are well done. Rooms are very comfortable and are exactly what to expect from the Renaissance brand. It is just a bit of a hassle to get into downtown from this location out east, but this area is booming and is surrounded by new growth, restaurants and shopping. This will certainly be my first choice of hotels when coming back to B.R. Hopefully you have enough stays to get into the lounge floor for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review. We do understand that getting to downtown can be a bit of a challenge but you are absolutely correct when saying that all you need as far as shopping, great places to eat and entertainment are also very close to us here! We are so very delighted to be your "favorite" and hope that you continue to choose us for all your trips here to Baton Rouge!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the South Carolina vs. LSU game on October 13. We travel fairly regularly, and have pretty high expectations for lodging. It is an understatement to say this hotel exceeded my every expectation. The decor, cleanliness, and service rival some top hotels in larger cities. The front staff and bellmen were extremely helpful, and the bartender was kind and accommodating. The restaurant, Tallulah, even extended their bar hours in the evening because of the crowd. The concierge lounge was perfect. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else in Baton Rouge. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We wanted to extend our sincere gratitude for your recent review regarding your stay during South Carolina game weekend. We strive to ensure that all of our guests experience what you have reflected in your words and appreciate your willingness to share them with us. All of our staff enjoys such positive reflections on their efforts and you can be sure we will pass this along. We hope that your next visit to Baton Rouge brings you back to us!

Hotel Manager

Been to Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel? Share your experiences!