“They just want your $$$” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1617 O'Neal Lane, Baton Rouge, LA 70816   |
Ranked #4 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
North Central Texas
“They just want your $$$”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this property on a Sunday night after a beating of a trip to New Orleans. I checked in ok, was pleased with the cleanliness of the room and thought it would be a pleasant experience. The walls to the hotel are very thin and I could hear the TV in the next room until past midnight. I finally fell asleep and at 4:00 in the morning the fire alarm in my room went off. I called the front desk and the person told me the alarm had a glitch. I fell asleep again and at 6:00 it happened again...

When I checked out I spoke with the attendant whos name tag said Assistant Manager. I figured she would be able to comp my room, since I basically lost sleep. She said she could not do that, the general manager was the only one who could do that. Conveniently he was not in. (What kind of manager does not come into their property, especially when they had an alarm malfunction the night before-I'm in management and I would be there for sure!)

I am an Elite Rewards member, you take care of people who have given you their loyalty. Why can't the GM give the staff the authority to take care of their customers properly? This property has completely lost my business, and has given La Quinta a very bad name in my book.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sal M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am so sorry about our problem with the fire alarm. It has been fixed.
Please accept my apology for not being there at the time you checked out but your credit card was fully refunded 30 after you left.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed over night with my family. My husband, my 19 year old daughter and our 4 year old. Everything was clean, fresh bleach clean smell (not strong, just crisp). Nothing was out of place. It was obvious everything was deliberate to make sure the guest's stay is as uneventful as possible, and I mean that in the best way. The rooms came overstocked with towels, the vending machine sodas were "normal" priced and not a profit center, the beds were plush, and smelled like fresh washed sheets. Free wifi. Check out time is late-ish so there was no rush to get out the door, and the free breakfast ran from 6 to 10. We ate at 8:30 and it was still very well stocked and fresh. We will be back for sure! Our son goes to LSU and it was the perfect out of the city hotel for a weekend visit!

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking so any room is good. Well off of the interstate (1 mile) so there is no r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sal M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Your comments are the reason we do our job well. Everything we do is 100% focused on you our guest and our friend.
Please visit us soon.
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed 5 nights in connection with a wedding I attended. I had a junior suite which was roomy and comfortable. Housekeeping was first rate. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. One lady helped me reactivate and update my La Quinta Rewards account. She did it quickly and efficiently which was representative of all interactions I had with the staff. Southern Hospitality at it's best!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sal M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We are ready to serve you and appreciate your comments.
Please visit us when you are back in town.
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This appears to be a new property. Having said that, upon arriving at my room the AC was obviously not working. I called the front desk. Literally in a vew minutes a maintance person was there, quickly determined that the AC unit was faulty and called the front desk telling them to assign a new room to me. Great service. Through out my stay everything else was done in an equally professional manner. Breakfast had lots of choices and served an a very pleasant dining area. Being a lap swimmer, this was the only hotel I have stayed in where the pool was actually long enough to do laps. Great!

Room Tip: Though it may appear on the map to be a bit of distance for the downtown sites, using the freeways i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sal M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We appreciate your comments so much. Please visit us again soon
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

staff was very friendly and helpful, over cleanliness was good but for extended stay I feel they could have changed the sheets more often, bathroom floors could have used daily sweeping.
Overall though it was a nice stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Sal M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
We are taking notes and appreciate your comments. I will make sure our staff pays closer attention to extended stay cleaning methods.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs? Share your experiences!