“Overall, good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Overall, good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Overall, the hotel was pretty good! The staff was AWESOME and so friendly! Thank you guys for that. I was visiting from Little Rock, Ar for a family members wedding and was there for three nights. I didn't smell an odor in the lobby that others talked about, but there were weird sewer smells in the bathroom that I couldn't get rid of, it wasn't in the room though; and the rooms are very loud because of the hard wood floors (SUGGESTION: area rugs). Other than that I really enjoyed the hotel. The SLEEP NUMBER BEDS were fantastic! The beddings were comfy. The tv was a nice sized flat screen, breakfast was pretty tasty. And I was within 10 min of everything I wanted and needed to do. I'd like to come back and visit!

Room Tip: rooms with sleep number beds were great, away from the interstate (quieter)!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge and praising the staff at the hotel, we are very proud of their dedication and willingness to go above and beyond guests expectations. I am happy to see you enjoyed our sleep number beds and 37" flat screen TV's and thank you for your suggestions, I will be sure to pass them along for consideration. We look forward to seeing you very soon in the future and assure you of our fullest commitment to guest satisfaction.

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ruston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Used Priceline to get a 3-star motel in BR. Ha! If this is a 3-star property, then Taco Bell is fine dining. Seriously, I have stayed in other 3-star properties in BR (two different Courtyards), and this place doesn't begin to compare. Strange, strange decor: Art Deco meets Hee Haw (or Hobbiton, with cedar shake shingles sticking out of the walls?) Linoleum flooring--no carpet--in our room.

We tried to drown out the loud interstate noise by turning the HVAC system on "fan" and it sounded, at times, like a crop duster taking off. My wife's actual comment: "Is that thing going to catch on fire?" The beds were about as comfortable as army cots (and every movement produced a symphony of spring noises). Just a terrible place...in a really convenient location. Will never stay there again. Will not use Priceline again until they correct their flawed hotel rating system.

Room Tip: Your best room will be in another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
On Behalf of the Radisson Baton Rouge, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, We like to enjoy our unique design features that separate us from the corporate branded image hotels, we also take all feedback seriously and I will pass on your comments to our office for consideration. The majority of our guests enjoy that we have hardwood floors throughout all our bedrooms.
I apologize for the problems you encountered and would like to extend this opportunity for you to contact me direct at the hotel to determine your room and take care of your room issues or
should you choose to book at the Radisson Baton Rouge again, I assure you of my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons .
Olney, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE! When you walk through the front door, it smells like a sewer. I checked in and was given a key to my room on the second floor. The undersized elevator stopped about six inches below the second floor, so I had to step up to get off of the elevator. I opened the door to my room and there again was the sewer smell. To sum it up, the room was small, smelly, and loud. Apparently a major highway runs just outside the hotel. I was in the room for all of five minutes (spent contemplating fleeing) when the cleaning lady walked in -- no knock -- and said, "Oh, I was told this room was empty." She then left, no apology offered. Literally two minutes later, some random guy walks into my room, sees me, apologizes, then leaves. That did it. I checked out and waited outside for a cab. Oh, did I mention the very obviously lady of the evening I ran into in the hotel? I was actually grateful she was there because she left in a cab which allowed me to get the cab company's telephone number off the side of the car so that I could call for a cab and get the heck out of there! Pick the 66th ranked hotel -- it has to be better!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Robert H, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, I would like to apologize that we did not meet or exceed the guest satisfaction standards that we normally achieve on a regular basis.
One of the ways we hope to achieve this is by allowing our guests to check in early before our stated 3.00pm check in time, On this occasion at 11.04am, unfortunately this is still at the time when our housekeeping is inspecting the rooms to maintain guest room standards. I sincerely regret that they did not apologize for the intrusion. We have taken measures to eliminate the smell and will work diligently to ensure this does not occur in the future.
Once again I apologize for the problems you encountered and would like to extend this opportunity for you to contact me direct at the hotel should you choose to book at the Radisson Baton Rouge, with an assurance of the my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

While accessing the property isn't easy, the close proximity to I-10 is great for those wanting easy entry to the interstate. The staff are friendly and work hard to please guests (special kudos for Vu in the Bar, Grant - the waiter, and Robert H - Asst Gen. Mgr). Point taken off for that weird smell (like a dirty mop) when you walk in the door. I was pleased to see that the room and other areas were clean. (Note: this hotel also has a liberal pet policy.)

Room Tip: Executive level rooms come with sleep number beds. However, the small and noisy elevator may not be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and praising the Food & Beverage staff, they take great pride in the recognition they get and so richly deserve. I am pleased to say we have taken care of the problem with the initial entrance aroma and will be working diligently to avoid a repeat occurence.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Got what we paid for at $85 a night. This place in need of a serious makeover! Avoid the on sight restaurant on weekends at all costs as the service and food is absolutely horrible! Strange decor is way to funky for this decade.

• Stayed February 2013
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I sincerely regret that your experience was not up to the same level as the majority of our guests experience. We have a constant program of renovations that have recently included new hallway carpeting, tiling in front of the elevators and a brand new paint exterior. The Bistro 225 has a very good reputation for its food and service and I am surprised by your comments as this again is not typical for what our guests experience.

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Me and my wife come down from Little Rock to Baton Rouge to see her family and watch the Tigers game every so often. Originally, we would float around the different hotels in the area just to keep things fresh however, recently we have made habit of.staying at the Radisson at Acadian ave. The beds are every bit as comfortable as any hotel in the area if not better. For being by an interstate it was surprisingly quiet and peaceful from the rooms we stayed in. I was able to get plenty of undisturbed reading done. Though where the Radisson really shines in my opinion is when I wasn't in the bedroom. The bar is well stocked and the bartender, Vu, is on top of his trade. Quick and perfectly mixed drinks. He had my usual down by my second visit! As many restaurants as the area around the University has, my wife and I found ourselves staying in and eating at the hotel's own "Bistro 225". The Bistro provides delicious gourmet southern style comfort food as well as some more exotic dishes like a grilled chicken breast stuffed with a tangy breading and topped with an awesome cream sauce and fresh veggies. mm. We have a waiter we ask for by name now. A young guy named Austin who recognizes Sarah and I every time we come in and always gives us the best, friendliest treatment that either of us have had during our stays in Baton Rouge. When we're ready to leave it's a breeze getting out and right back onto the interstate. I will never stay at another hotel as long as I visit Baton Rouge, it honestly has become a sort of home away from home for us. Highly Recommended to anyone else planning a trip down to the capitol city of Louisiana!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge, we greatly appreciate your kind words. The staff also love reading these reviews and really do enjoy the recognition and praise they so greatly deserve. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town for the Tigers.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

When my lease expired on my old apartment at the end of December and I couldn't move into my new apartment until the third of January, I took the opportunity to go stay at a hotel here. I've stayed at the Radisson before (I think I have a review on here), so that was my obvious choice. I just wanted to say it was just as good as last time! Everybody that worked last time was still working there this time, which I loved. Grant, Austin, Vu, and Noelle still worked at the bar, and I met the cook this time, Mike, who was super funny and nice. Thanks, Radisson!

• Stayed January 2013
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge. We are glad that your experience was so enjoyable. The Food and Beverage staff and Bistro 225 really do appreciate the recognition and thank you for letting people know about how good our restaurant food really is.

Been to Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!