“Amazed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Dallas, Texas
“Amazed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great hotel especially if you are Club Carson member. The front desk staff greeted me with a smile and I had a thank you bag for being a club member. My room was very large and comfortable. The beds are always the best! But, the shower wins the award for this visit. Located near downtown, great restaurants, the two universities S.U. and L.S.U.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review about the Radisson Baton Rouge, We are thrilled to see you had such an enjoyable stay with us, the staff greatly appreciate the good comments they generally receive, and pride themselves on their above and beyond attitude to guest satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Little Elm, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is rated as 3 stars by priceline and that is a joke. Outside of the front desk staff, everything else about this establishment was poor. The rooms were small and not very clean. The beds were lumpy and were placed on metal boxes (not the box springs) that creak and rattle everytime you roll over or move. The standard wooden frames most hotel beds sit on are much quieter. The floor is not carpeted. The decor for the whole hotel is beyond hideous. Wall "art" on the first floor is indescribable. The second floor featured an attempt at a far eastern hut motiff which was equally awful. The "fitness center" is tiny and outdated featuring an old beat up eliptical, two poorly functioning treadmills and a stationary bike. It also had A bench and some very light free weights. Decent location with easy access to the highway but the property is not in good shape. If it were not for the front desk staff this would have been one of the worst hotel stays in my travel experiences.

Room Tip: I do not think a good room exists.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding the front desk, they greatly appreciate the recognition they fully deserve.
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We strive to make each guests stay as comfortable and emjoyable as possible. Obviously on this occasion we failed to meet those standards.
The majority of our guests enjoy our hardwood floors over carpeted rooms, although as you stated, this provides with a challenge regarding the bed bases, we are currently working on a solution to this problem, which should be rectified in the very near future.

I hope, despite your reservations that you would give us another chance, I would like to offer my personal services for any future reservations, with an assurance of the my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I found the Baton Rouge Radisson very difficult to fault for the price. The staff went to great lengths, well beyond the normal call of duty to help we with all sorts of different things during several long stays. They even managed to cook up a good hot buffet during a hurricane.

This was all topped off with a great hotel bar, courtesy of Huy Vu.
Thanks guys
Ross

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge, with your kind words and recognition for the staff. They pride themselves on their southern hospitality and willingness to do whatever it takes to makes our guests stay exceptional.
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area, please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next trip extra special.
Fort Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Friendly staff greeted me as I entered the hotel, which was very nice. After checking in, I went up the elevator to the 2nd floor....and almost turned around and went right back down when I saw the awful condition of the hall carpet. It was FILTHY! Stained, dirty, overly stretched....it just looked terrible. But, I was already late for a planned event that night and so I continued to my room.
While the room was clean, it was just odd. Fake wood floors instead of carpet was unexpected (although after the hall carpet I was glad to see). And, somehow there were bubble-like spots all over the floors. As if during installation the glue bubbled and affected the top finish of the floors. The beds were comfortable enough as well as the pillows. But, the sheets and thin comforter wouldn't reach the top of the bed so you had to squish down to have the covers up to your neck while sleeping. Unfortunately my room faced the freeway and the noise never let up. But with the air fan on 'on' and not 'auto' it helped a lot.
Someone had the bright (not!) idea to add tiki hut embellishments to the walls at the ceiling - both in my room and in the hall. So odd!
The bathroom had a bright red vessel sink that had an enormous crack in it, the shower (no tub) wasn't fitted properly by the tile setter and there was a big gap/exposed hole in the wall because of it. The shower had a sliding glass door that I had not seen before, but it worked fine. While I could have been excited to see the multiple shower heads, including a hand held option and body sprays, they didn't work. The hand held sprayer cord had a large hole in it that I didn't see until I tried to adjust the controls with sliding glass door open and got water everywhere as there was no way to adjust the sprayer and/or water without the door almost all the way open. And the drain looked very dark....as if very moldy. Yuck. I was very careful as to where my feet were! And, the mini fridge didn't work! I brought a couple of Diet Cokes with me and had no way to keep them cold.
Thank goodness I was only staying 2 nights. If it hadn't been an LSU home game weekend I would have changed hotels.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at the Radisson Baton Rouge. We are currently awaiting delivery of the new carpet for the hallways and I regret that we could not make this happen before your stay.

I sincerely regret all of the experiences you described in the room and I would dearly love some more information on which particular room you stayed in so I can get our maintenance and housekeeping teams to take care of the issues you described. This is not typical for the hotels as we generally get very good responses, these are not problems we take lightly as our guest satisfaction is paramount to us

West Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for LSU game. The room was clean and I really like the fact it had solid wood floors (cleaner than carpet). The shower is very nice and our over all stay was pleasant except for the highway traffic at night. Our room was right by the interstate and at night you can tell. This is an newly updated hotel with old bones. Too bad some of the updating was not on sound proofing the walls and windows. Another complaint for some would be the sleep number beds. It was my first time to sleep on them and I was just not impressed. I felt like I was on a blow up mattress. Others might like this bed but it was not my cup of tea. On the plus side they allow late check out so if you do want to sleep away the day they allow it. I would stay at this location again if it were the only available hotel in the area but would rather not. The staff was very polite and the bartender was fun to chat with.

• Stayed November 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at the Radisson Baton Rouge. Thank you for your kind words about the staff ad areas of the hotel, unfortunately the interstate location is both a blessing and a curse for us and I sincerely regret that it impacte your stay with us at the Radisson Baton Rouge
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach us at the hotel. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

i checked into this hotel with my husband and our son on Friday. Richard checked us in and wasn't incredibly warm, but succeeded in checking us in pretty quickly .The interior is decorated in a sleek modern theme downstairs, with themes (more like loosely associated ideas?) that differ on each of the floors. The lobby was clean. The bar was closing, but it too seemed to be tidy. As we loaded a bell cart and took out items upstairs to our room, it was very obvious that you need to be able to expertly drive the bell cart...and the elevator is just wide enough for a person and the cart.... so don't bring anything too crazy if you are staying here, bc you might have some trouble getting it up. The elevator had something splashed (vomit...or chocolate milk....I am still convincing myself it was the latter) all over the floor, front wall, control buttons, and door. As we stepped off of the elevator on the second floor, the carpet was dirty. There were large areas bleached out and stained...it was just gross! It was a huge surprise in contrast to the lobby.... and luckily to the individual rooms! Even though the carpet and elevator had been messy, the guest room was clean. The room was on the interstate side. The rooms have a larger refrigerator than other rooms and wood floors. The decor is not my style, but not bad. The linens and sheets are clean. The bathroom for this room was a good size and once we figured out how to work the shower, we all took our turn and agreed that it was great..... This is where things got a little rocky the first night....after showers, we all get ready to go to bed since my son had baseball the next morning. The bed was not the sleep number beds that were described in other reviews. In fact they were the worst beds I have ever slept on in a hotel. They made squeaky noises every time I even took a deep breath... and I was so desperate for sleep,that after taking 2 benadryl, I tried both beds, hoping I would be able to fall asleep in one of them. My husband and son didn't sleep either. The noise from the interstate was extremely disruptive. We have lived in a city before, but the radisson is literally, just at the end of the sound-wall and it seemed like it was a funnel to move the interstate noise into our room! The next day we had to go to a baseball tournament, and were disappointed to find out that breakfast was not free as we had read on the radisson site. When we arrived at the tournament, I called booking.com to ask them to figure out how to move me to another hotel. I was convinced that I could not sleep in this hotel. After 25 minutes of q&a with them, they asked me to go back to the hotel and give Alex a chance to fix the situation. We were moved to a room on the 3rd floor and away from the interstate. The bathroom was a little smaller in this room, but there were sleep number beds, which were awesome after not sleeping the night before. Also in this room I did not hear ANY interstate noise at all.

So, would I have had a better experience if I had complained sooner? Maybe, but will never know for sure. Richard seemed so cold during check-in and frankly I was so exhausted that I didn't really ask him to fix the problem.... partly because I got the feeling he didn't care if we were happy or not and partly because I was so sleepy that I was sure I would get crazy, which I try to resist..... The real question I think is, why even have some rooms that have less comfortable beds and less noise?? I kinda think that we should have been put in one of those rooms first. There were lots of noisy college aged kids there for something....they probably could have slept through the interstate noise a little better than we could have? They fixed it in the end, but if I stayed here again, I would call to be sure that I was in a room on the 3rd floor or higher and that I was in the rooms with sleep number beds....if they couldn't guarantee it, I would pay a little more and go somewhere else. I wish we had checked out the bar but we were out for baseball the whole time. The ribs place across the street is awesome and I will get a review up for it very soon. Oh, and bring your own pillows here... they aren't the worst, even in the substandard room, but they were a little too fluffy for the sleep number beds.

Room Tip: Call and insist on having a room on a higher floor and on the side away from the interstate!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arengj, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at the Radisson Baton Rouge. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

We regret that your check in experience was not as welcoming as we would like and indeed the front desk normally gets rave reviews for its customer service and above and beyond attitude to guest requests.

We are currently renovating both the exterior of the building and awaiting delivery of new carpets for hallway and again, we regret that this was not completed in time for your visit to us.

We are grateful that you gave Alex the chance to redeem ourselves and that you had a better second night's stay with us. We always do try to allocate on the left side of the building away from the interstate as we are aware of the noise disruption this can cause, unfortunately due to availability, sometimes this is not possible.

Please do let us know for any future reservations, we guarantee an assurance of the fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I like the employees they're really nice. Also the service is great followed by good food . Also the rooms are better than any hotel ive stayed at an i promise ive stayed at alot of them.! Also the hotel is in a good area and well decorated! The best thing that i like about this hotel is the sleep number beds i love it. I stay here monday through friday every week for work and these beds actually make me want to buy one for my own house!

• Stayed October 2012
Arengj, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and the facilities at the hotel, the staff take great pride in these reviews and the recognition they deserve.
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Been to Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!