“Good deal” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vicksburg, MS
“Good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I won this hotel on priceline for a great price. We were in town for the UK vs LSU basketball game so we only needed a hotel for one night. After reading the reviews I was a little worried about staying here. Once we got to the hotel though, my worries were erased.

I'm guessing it's standard for them to put priceline winners on the highway side. I brought earplugs so I was prepared. There were times that the traffic was more noticeable than others but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The beds were nice and comfortable, room was clean. Our room didn't have a flat screen television but there was a nice arrangement of channels available. Bathroom was just ok. It could have been cleaner in my opinion and I'm not even picky about stuff like that. I liked the futuristic shower but prefer a tub for my son so that was a tad disappointing.

I did notice a musty odor when I laid down in bed. I tried for 20 minutes to figure out where it was coming from but never did. There is no carpet in the room so no idea what would have caused it. I'm guessing it was coming from the wall.

Overall, not a bad stay for what I paid and I wouldn't have an issue staying here again for a good deal. I would not pay full price for this hotel though. There are much better hotels for the money if you are paying full price!

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the non-interstate side, do so.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lake Jackson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stay in Baton Rouge twice a month on business and I have driven by this hotel many times never thinking of it as a place I would stay. I rolled the dice on Priceline and won this hotel. I was shocked at how COOL this hotel is. The theme of the hotel is one to remember and want to come back to! It was also very clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Kalona, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had reserved 14 rooms for family and friends from out of state, for a wedding. The manager was very accommodating on price. Traveling for 14 hours, we arrived early, and the hotel allowed us to check in several hours early. They helped us find storage for supplies we brought for the rehearsal dinner. They allowed our group to stay together on the same floor. The breakfast was not included, but was very nice for the price. They helped us with several details for the wedding, offered sightseeing options, and were overall very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I bid on Priceline and obtained a good rate, and we were assigned this motel (it's not a hotel). It's supposed to be a Radisson but the exterior decor is very strange--not sure if it's supposed to be art deco...? It looks like a bunch of dark yellow crowns stacked together or boxes of fast food french fies. Entering the lobby, there was a registration desk and behind that, a bar (which we did not use) and a rather on the pricey side cafe called Bistro 224 which offered room service (however, we only used it for complimentary coffee in the morning.) Since the hotel is the closest thing you can get to sleeping on I-10, be sure to request a room away from it and the extremely heavy traffic. Check-in was easy and we drove to the side door of the hotel and used our plastic room key to access the building and our 3rd floor room. We noticed that the hallway rugs were in need of a rigorous cleaning or being replaced. Now for the room: the decor was a shock. It looked like a failed attempt at modernization with sculpted painted walls. The floors appeared to be cheap laminate, the round cushioned chair had a square hole in it for something (?). The bathroom had a plexi-glass countertop with a built-in sink resting on chrome legs. The shower was sci-fi with lots of knobs and there was an instruction sheet on the counter for those brave enough to attempt taking a shower. Once you get over the shock of this decor, the room surprisingly contained all the amenities: pillows and mattress covered by a duvet were comfortable (however, the dirty bolster could have been eliminated), free easily accessible internet, nice flat screened TV, mini fridge, coffee pot, room darkening draperies, ironing board and iron, hair dryer, ice bucket, alarm clock, plenty of linens, shampoo (etc), The drawback to this hotel is that it is located near to Louisiana State University (which was not in session due to winter break) and there was a Louisiana high school wrestling tournament taking place during the time we were there. Three wrestling teams of teenagers squealed and ran up and down the hallways until about 3 a.m. To sum up my experience: if you can get over the weird decor, stay in a room away from the interstate and stay there when LSU is not on break (when it has high school activities taking place on campus),you could do worse. It just is not a three star motel.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor and request room away from interstate
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This hotel just doesn't come up to its star rating. The lobby has a dark oppressive tone to it that follows throughout. The gentleman who runs the breakfast room is FABULOUS but the other employees and the rooms are just OK. It's convenient to the freeway and LSU but they need to clean up, update and polish up the place.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you on the 1st floor - you'll hear the freeway all night. Definitely bet...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Port St. Joe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Have stayed here twice now, each time for about a 3-day business trip, where I brought my young son along. The architecture is definately not your "normal" Radisson with all the themed floors. The highs are the hot breakfast and the rooms with Sleep Number beds and multi-head showers. The lows are any room that faces the interstate. It was so noisy that we asked to be moved to the other side. Pool side - quiet, Interstate side - sounds like a freight train.

Room Tip: Pool side - quiet, Interstate side - sounds like a freight train.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
PatHaynes, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor. Your review provides the feedback our staff and operations team need to continue to improve our service. Our relaxing Sleep Number beds, full body showers and most importantly a staff that is responsive to our guests, are the things that set us apart from the rest. We agree our Hot Breakfast is just one of the many options we offer to make each stay as unique as our rooms. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Baton Rouge. Pat Haynes, Front Desk Manager/Manager On Duty Radisson Hotel - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

People were nice. Would stay there again if I was traveling with my dog.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!