“You Want To Stay Here !” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersSilver level
“You Want To Stay Here !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you are attending any function at LSU,the convienance is unbeatable. Walking distance to campus and Tiger stadium make this a must stay for LSU events ! The property is new (5yrs old),clean,well maintained ! The lobby,workout facilty,pool and facilities are very good.
The evening food reception is great..good food..chance to mingle..but the breakfast buffet is as good as any I have ever had ! Cereals,eggs,bacon,pastries,juice,coffee,fruit..you name it..it is there and will wreck your diet ! The price is fair..there is value in the location and food ,as well as the facilities.so I would say .it is fairly priced ! Will definitely stay there again if in the Baton Rouge area

Room Tip: Stay above the 2nd floor and face west if possible !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Deborah S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
We are very pleased to know that your stay was what you expected it to be. We enjoyed you as our guest and hope to see you soon.

Deborah Sanders

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I loved my stay at this hotel except for two reasons: the front desk staff and the HORRIBLE wifi. Even with the wired connection that was available in the room it was slow, I couldn't upload email attachments, and it was just terrible in general. Unless they fix the internet I will not be back. I had to use my air card instead which I shouldn't have had to do. The front desk was not very friendly either. They didn't tell me where breakfast or the social hour was located, and they didn't have my room ready when I arrived at 6:30pm! I had to ask a staff member I ran into in the hallway. Other than these two reasons, I will say the hotel is very clean and I loved the breakfast and social hour, once I found out it was on the second floor.

• Stayed June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to take this review. I apology about the wifi and breakfast. We are currently working on replacing or upgrading. We do hope to see you on your next visit.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here recently on business, and was impressed with so many positive reviews and the photos looked good, so I took a shot. I have stayed in over 10 different hotels in the Baton Rouge area, and I must say this one ranked low on the list. The photos of this property are fairly misleading. The hotel is only the left side of the building that shows in the photo of the hotel. The entrance is an awkward side entrance, making check-in and unloading sometimes difficult. The lobby looks much better in the pictures too... I found the lobby to be worn and cluttered, particularly the check-in desk, where the hanging lights are glaring, and the staff preoccupied. When I checked in the room, I felt it was reasonably well decorated but didn't just feel clean for some reason. There were two light bulbs out in the room. When I alerted the front desk, the attendant seemed unsure (or unwilling) of what needed to be done, saying he would have someone check to see what the problem was. No one ever showed, and I found him eating at the evening reception only a few minutes later. If you need or want to be really close to campus for a game, I guess this place will do, but definitely not a destination for business travelers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear rodlandersal,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and sharing your thoughts and concerns. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the hotel features and quality of rooms. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you.We will address these matters with the respective departments in order to avoid any inconvenience in the future.

We do hope you will consider staying with us again and see how great our hotel is.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was overly pleased with everything at this hotel. The suites reminded me of condos and were very clean. The bathrooms were very nice with great shower heads. The place in general was well kept. The breakfast was a full variety and was cooked fresh! I really liked the breakfast pizzas and fresh fruit daily. No doubt if I am in the area again, I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Loved the 2 BR suites
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Slidell, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Hotel was very clean and in a safe area. Cannot argue about the location to LSU's campus, closest to Tiger Stadium and other fields. Had the complimentary breakfast one day out of 2. What they had was pretty good. I can only describe the breakfast as being neglectful. What they had was good, but they were out of a lot of things. No batter for the waffle machine. No syrup for the waffles after I asked them for some batter. Out of grits. Out of bacon, and I did not come in at the last minute. There was more than an hour left on the time for more people to show up. Also, I know business is business, but the rate was fairly high, but not only that, every thing this weekend, for Country Music Fest was non-refundable fees. I did pay the rates, but I don't like them, and I can assure you that if you cannot show up, they will re-rent your room.
This was not any of my business, but I did see one thing that disturbed me. On one of my nights there, there was another customer at the front desk. Their A/C in their room died and I can tell you it must have been hot. The front desk could not re-locate them because the hotel was at capacity. Since the hotel was at capacity, and they were charging about $300 per night, they should have had an A/C guy on stand-by for that one. Hope those people were taken care of.
Hope the hotel can correct these issues.
I stayed her before in October 2013 and they seemed to go down a little.
Even though I gave it a lot of negatives, I would stay here again, because f the proximity to LSU.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Deborah S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for Taking the time to send in a review. We do care about our guest and their stay. We are working hard to make sure that the issues you have told us about are taken care of. We look forward to your stay in the future.
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is THE hotel I stay at when I have to come to Baton Rouge for work. The rooms are always clean with the little added amenities such as the microwave popcorn. It's right next to LSU which is convenient with people who are either there with their college students or to see one of the games.

For me it's the little things such as a cozy dining room which is always well kept, a breakfast with changing menus such as biscuits, gravy and eggs along with fresh fruit, oatmeal, waffles, cereals, muffins and more (keep in mind I said that it changes daily) and tues-thurs they have a social hour including beer and wine and food that changes daily (Wings, BBQ, Burgers/Hotdogs just to name a few).

This hotel is also conveniently located close to many restaurants that are only about 10 minutes away in just about any direction.

It's important to note that I stay in hotels a lot, so I'm particular about how clean things are and the general attention taken by staff. I've had the pleasure of meeting the GM here and they truly care about the hotel and their guests. It's not often I see them at night checking to see how everyone's stay is and then first thing at breakfast ensuring that things are the way they should be.

Thanks for another great stay and I'll see you the next time I need to head there for work.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. We do care about our guest and their stay. We are delighted to hear about your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Easley, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Overall this is a very nice hotel. It is in a great location for visiting lsu. There are some food places within walking distance and a bar attached. My only complaint is the wireless Internet is horrible. It drops frequently and is incredibly slow. It is a big problem for a hotel that I assume does a lot of business stays.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Deborah S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are working on the internet problems. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate? Share your experiences!