“Super friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Super friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We came in for a short visit with our college kids. The bed is super, room very clean & staff very friendly. Would definitely stay again! Lobby staff were very informative & felt safe parking my car. Great location.

• Stayed April 2013
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We look forward to having you again! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay experience! We really appreciate it!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rancho San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went with friends for a convention. The rooms are clean all have a refrigerator. the staff is friendly and free breakfast too. I enjoyed the location close to stores & outlets. I had a really good time and was surprised how nice a hotel it was for a Holiday inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Stephanie, thank you for visiting us all the way from Rancho San Diego!!! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay while attending a convention here. If you travel this way again in the future we look forward to having you stay with us!
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Holiday Inn at College Street resides on a road next to the interstate. It is one of many hotels along the road. In our reservation, we requested a quiet room away from road noise and were accomodated with a room at the far end of the hotel away from the interstate. Except for some noisy college students in the hallway at midnight the first night, we enjoyed a pleasant and quiet stay. The hotel is clean, attractive, and neat. The staff is courteous and professional.

Our king room was spacious and attractive. The comfortable bed was made with good linens. The large TV provided good viewing. The internet access was complimentary, but it was problematic as it kept dropping the connection. A call down to the front desk found no solution to the problem. The refrigerator and microwave were handy for an easy meal in the room. The bath was very clean with good quality towels, soaps, and shampoos. The shower is glass enclosed.

Each morning, we were provided a very good complimentary buffet breakfast by an exceptionally friendly staff. Bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, and grits were available in nice serving dishes. Cold cereals, bread, and muffins were also available. Coffee is complimentary, but juice is extra.

The bill was under the door on our third morning, and I checked to be sure that the correct rate was charged for each day. I expected to see taxes and did not notice the surcharge for $4.95 each day until I just now read a recent review about it. I wish I had noticed it at the time because I would certainly have challenged it at checkout. Guess my daily rate was not as good as I thought since the cost was really five dollars a day more. Live and learn -- I'll check all of our future hotel bills more closely.

Did we enjoy our stay? Yes. Would we return? Certainly. As long as the hotel is maintained at its current level, it is a good location and accomodation for visiting Baton Rouge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and would return. The next time you are coming through town please don't hesitate to contact me directly for reservations. Take care and I look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in town!
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights while on business in March 2013. The rooms were very nice and clean. The lobby was very pleasant. There is a Sports Bar/Restaurant on the premises. The exercise rooms looked very new with high end machines. This hotel appears to be one of the newest in the area. Overall very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Jay, thank you for the review! Our 1800sq ft fitness center is pretty amazing with top notch equipment. We know how important it is to keep up your work out routine when traveling! We hope to see you next time you are in town!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I were passing through on our way to Denver a couple of weeks ago and we needed a place to stay. This hotel had great reviews and was a great value for the price. The room was exceptionally clean and smelled amazing. Not to mention it was very quiet in the room. The bed was even more comfortable than my tempurpedic back home. We had dinner in the restaurant. I had the burger and she had the club sandwich. For being such a simple meal they were impressively delicious! The servers were so sweet and attentive. The front desk also had all these brochures and suggestions of places to go and visit while we were in town. We had never stayed at a hotel where everyone went above and beyond to make our stay great. The entire staff was the epitome of Southern Hospitality. Next time we're in Baton Rouge again we will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for saying that we are the epitome of southern hospitatlity, that is truly a great compliment and I am so proud of the team we have here. We look forward to having you stay again with us when passing through!
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

OK hotel. New. Nice lobby and exercise facility but here's the kicker - they add a $4.95 per day surcharge to your bill for the exercise room, etc. A hidden charge in today's world? Put it in the rate.

That's not the only tricky thing here - they also charge you an early checkout fee of $100 if you need to leave early. What do they think they're a resort.

Never again - I like to feel like a "customer" when I come to a hotel not a mark.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear this as guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal. I would like to talk with you about your stay and discuss the details with you. Please contact me at the hotel at 225-448-2030. I look forward to speaking with you and resolving any issue you may have had.

Lelania Clarkson
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the 1 king w/ whirlpool room, and we had a very pleasant and peaceful time in this hotel. Our first response to the hotel was of amazement at how clean and white the lobby was. The room was also clean and fresh; it felt like walking into a brand new, never-touched room.
Despite being right next to the interstate, the noise level was minimal.
If rest is your priority for your stay in a hotel, you should choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I am so glad you both enjoyed your stay here! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to you staying with us again!

Been to Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive? Share your experiences!