The Holiday Inn at College Street resides on a road next to the interstate. It is one of many hotels along the road. In our reservation, we requested a quiet room away from road noise and were accomodated with a room at the far end of the hotel away from the interstate. Except for some noisy college students in the hallway at midnight the first night, we enjoyed a pleasant and quiet stay. The hotel is clean, attractive, and neat. The staff is courteous and professional.
Our king room was spacious and attractive. The comfortable bed was made with good linens. The large TV provided good viewing. The internet access was complimentary, but it was problematic as it kept dropping the connection. A call down to the front desk found no solution to the problem. The refrigerator and microwave were handy for an easy meal in the room. The bath was very clean with good quality towels, soaps, and shampoos. The shower is glass enclosed.
Each morning, we were provided a very good complimentary buffet breakfast by an exceptionally friendly staff. Bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, and grits were available in nice serving dishes. Cold cereals, bread, and muffins were also available. Coffee is complimentary, but juice is extra.
The bill was under the door on our third morning, and I checked to be sure that the correct rate was charged for each day. I expected to see taxes and did not notice the surcharge for $4.95 each day until I just now read a recent review about it. I wish I had noticed it at the time because I would certainly have challenged it at checkout. Guess my daily rate was not as good as I thought since the cost was really five dollars a day more. Live and learn -- I'll check all of our future hotel bills more closely.
Did we enjoy our stay? Yes. Would we return? Certainly. As long as the hotel is maintained at its current level, it is a good location and accomodation for visiting Baton Rouge.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Baton Rouge s College Drive Hotel Baton Rouge
- Holiday Inn Baton Rouge s College Drive Hotel
- Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn College Drive Baton Rouge, the newest hotel in the area, enjoys the premier hotel location in Baton Rouge. Situated with direct access to I-10 at College Dr. and Constitution Ave., the hotel is conveniently located to shopping, dining and local attractions and corporate headquarters. Business travelers appreciate the hotel s proximity of the Holiday Inn College Drive Baton Rouge to Shell Oil, Exxon Mobil, Shaw Group, and Dow Chemical. The hotel is also within minutes of several renowned medical facilities such as Mary Byrd Perkins Center, Our Lady of the Lake Hospital, Baton Rouge General, Pennington Biomedical Research Center and Ochsner Health System. The River Center is a 10 minute drive from the hotel. Leisure guests will find the Holiday Inn College Drive Baton Rouge the perfect base for exploring local attractions such as Louisiana State University (LSU), USS Kidd, Southern University (SU), the Blue Bayou Waterpark and Dixie Landin . Shoppers will love visiting The Mall of Louisiana, Perkins Rowe, Tanger Outlets, and Towne Center. A day trip to New Orleans and the French Quarter entertainment is a quick trip down I-10. The hotel features a business center, free wireless Internet, a 24 hour health club, and Sporting News Grill. Each guest room features 37 LCD televisions with high tech audio video and MP3 capability. Relax in our tropical outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.