“Very New and Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 69 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Very New and Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights while on business in March 2013. The rooms were very nice and clean. The lobby was very pleasant. There is a Sports Bar/Restaurant on the premises. The exercise rooms looked very new with high end machines. This hotel appears to be one of the newest in the area. Overall very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Jay, thank you for the review! Our 1800sq ft fitness center is pretty amazing with top notch equipment. We know how important it is to keep up your work out routine when traveling! We hope to see you next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I were passing through on our way to Denver a couple of weeks ago and we needed a place to stay. This hotel had great reviews and was a great value for the price. The room was exceptionally clean and smelled amazing. Not to mention it was very quiet in the room. The bed was even more comfortable than my tempurpedic back home. We had dinner in the restaurant. I had the burger and she had the club sandwich. For being such a simple meal they were impressively delicious! The servers were so sweet and attentive. The front desk also had all these brochures and suggestions of places to go and visit while we were in town. We had never stayed at a hotel where everyone went above and beyond to make our stay great. The entire staff was the epitome of Southern Hospitality. Next time we're in Baton Rouge again we will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for saying that we are the epitome of southern hospitatlity, that is truly a great compliment and I am so proud of the team we have here. We look forward to having you stay again with us when passing through!
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

OK hotel. New. Nice lobby and exercise facility but here's the kicker - they add a $4.95 per day surcharge to your bill for the exercise room, etc. A hidden charge in today's world? Put it in the rate.

That's not the only tricky thing here - they also charge you an early checkout fee of $100 if you need to leave early. What do they think they're a resort.

Never again - I like to feel like a "customer" when I come to a hotel not a mark.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear this as guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal. I would like to talk with you about your stay and discuss the details with you. Please contact me at the hotel at 225-448-2030. I look forward to speaking with you and resolving any issue you may have had.

Lelania Clarkson
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the 1 king w/ whirlpool room, and we had a very pleasant and peaceful time in this hotel. Our first response to the hotel was of amazement at how clean and white the lobby was. The room was also clean and fresh; it felt like walking into a brand new, never-touched room.
Despite being right next to the interstate, the noise level was minimal.
If rest is your priority for your stay in a hotel, you should choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I am so glad you both enjoyed your stay here! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to you staying with us again!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked last minute after deciding to break up a trip home from Florida to Texas. I always trust HI express and am 99 percent of the time, completely satisfied. We arrived late at almost 10 pm after bad traffic. Check in was easy, and the sports bar and restaurant served the coldest beer I've had in a while, and it was much needed after traffic. The hotel felt brand new and was stylish in decor. Elevators were fast and talk to you, and our floor had a lobby area with big screen tv. The room was comfortable and the beds even better. The only problem, and it wasn't a big one, was the handle fell off the shower knob. Breakfast was good and free, checkout was a breeze. 100 percent satisfied. I highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for you review! It really means a lot to us to see that our guests are completely happy and satisfied!
madisonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Rooms, lobby, appearance all very nice...Close to all.... Was with girlriends & felt very safe.... price is about 100 $ night so no huge bargain but worth it...rest/bar on premises & free nice breakfast....Would stay again

• Stayed March 2013
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you all stay with us on your next trip!!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was my first stay at this property and would stay again. The location was good for our purposes. It is on a service road right off I 10. The lobby was very nice and the gym which is across from the front desk had some nice newer equipment. My room was on the 3rd floor and I could hear highway noise at times but it was not enough to keep me up. I would recommend rooms away from the elevator to help reduce noise as the elevator announces "doors closing". The room was nice. I reserved a king room but none we were ready upon arrival so I took a two double room. The room had the nice touch of a ceiling fan in it. The rooms also have mini fridges and microwaves. My friends had a king room and those rooms have walk in showers in lieu of tubs as they double rooms have. The staff were friendly. A free breakfast buffet which was not that great is included at the attached sports grille. The breakfast consisted of eggs, grits (cold), sausage patties (very salty), cereals, toast and coffee. We skipped the free breakfast the 2nd morning.

Room Tip: You might want to be away from elevator and more in the middle not to close to the highway.