“Will go back again” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“Will go back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went to that hotel last week because the hotel prices in New Orleans were un-believable, so we drive to Baton Rouge to stay in that great hotel.

It was the week before Mardi grace and a 3 star hotel was about $400

And thanks for Hotwire.com that have us that $80 great deal

• Stayed February 2013
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We look forward to you staying with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

From the check in to the house keeping to the waiters and hostes in the restaurant, the staff of this hotel exceeded expectations. Friendly, responding to questions and requests and remembering our names, they modeled how 1st rate customer service is done. The property and the rooms are well furnished and very well maintained. Finally, the full breakfast only adds to this hotel ranking as one of my best overall experiences and a hotel I would both recommend to friends and family but one I would stay at again without any hesitation.

Morris Price
Denver, CO

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much Mr. Price! We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Baton Rouge!
Benton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

After leaving the craziness of Bourbon Street we desperately needed a nice quiet place to stay. We lucked out. Even with a hotel full of little girls that came in for a dance competition it was so quiet and peaceful. I have to give a shout out to the PM desk clerk SHANNON DEPEW. We asked where to get a good pizza. She suggested Schlittz and Giggles just a few blocks away. PERFECT!! Great pizza. Great Atmosphere. Great Service. We loved this hotel and will stop again on our through. The AM breakfast buffet was sooooo good too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and Shannon's recommendation for pizza! We look forward to seeing you the next time you stay!
Kingstown, St. Vincent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

When in baton rouge , you have to stay here at this property. We spent a night on the way to Texas and actually were 85 miles off course and had to cancel our reservations at another property. The front desk totally took care of our problem and made us feel so welcomed after driving for 12 hours from miami, the service is excellent rooms large, clean and comfortable. Reminds me of the properties this brand has in china where I frequent often 5 star service and feeling all the way. Would advise everyone to stay here, wonderful restaurants in the area also. Would definitely stay here once I have to pass here in the future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us! It is so great to hear and we look forward to you staying with us again!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a brand new hotel and everything is top notch. Beautiful lobby, nice rooms, comfortable bed, big towels, nice walk-in shower, fantastic fitness center. Restaurant seemed nice too, but we had to visit Parraine's nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. Our staff works so hard, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share how your stay was. If you are in the Baton Rouge area again we hope to see you!
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I rarely leave reviews but always read them. I am glad I paid no attention to the very few negative reviews left by other travelers. This hotel was immaculate! Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and very well priced, breakfast was great and free! This hotel is also pet friendly and charges a fraction of the price that other hotels charge for pet fees! We will be revisiting this hotel again anytime we go through baton rouge!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for noticing all the hard work the staff does here at the Holiday Inn. It is our goal to have guests feel not only welcomed but to feel like they are at home here. The staff and I are so happy to hear about your experience during your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again and again!
Lafayette, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here recently overnight due to an early morning appointment with a specialist for my daughter. Maybe I am used to above average Holiday Inn Hotels and that is why I wasn't impressed. Average looking Holiday Inn from the exterior. We arrived early evening. I asked for an upgrade since I am a AAA member. I was almost certain that I would get it because the parking lot was empty and it appeared as thought the hotel was fairly empty. I was told that there were no upgrade rooms available. No problem. I asked for a non-smoking room. The room may have been non-smoking, but it smelled like smoke upon entering. We decided to just tolerate it until whoever was in the room next to us decided to chain smoke and the smell coming through the walls was unbearable. We went down and asked to be put into another room. We were moved to another floor that looked like a construction zone. There was no noise, but it was not appealing to the eye. As a new hotel, I was mighty surprised to see that there was already remodeling going on. After settling in our room, we walked down to Sporting News, the restaurant in the hotel. It was average sports bar food. We checked out fairly early and went on to our doctor's appointment. We live an hour away and I realized once we got home that I left my computer charger in the room. I called the hotel and spoke to someone in housekeeping who told me that he could mail it back to me. I was grateful. He asked how I wanted him to send it. I told him the least expensive method. I only live an hour away and figured it wouldn't be that expensive, otherwise I could just go pick it up. I told him not to spend more than $20 on shipping. He told met that he would call me back because he was going to use the credit card on file for the shipping charge. I never got a call back. I called the next day and left a message. A lady from housekeeping called me back and told me she was shipping it FedEx. I received the cord 2-3 days later. Several days later I got a bill from FedEx for almost $30. THIRTY BUCKS to ship something that I could have put ten dollars worth of gas and been there and back in less than 2 hours? That was a little extreme. I tried to call the manager several times and I finally got a call back. Her response to all of this,"I will refund your credit card on file $10." I almost felt mocked. I would stay here again only if I had too. The room was comfortable and a standard Holiday Inn, but certainly not the over the top service that I am used to when I stay at the new Holiday Inn hotels!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive? Share your experiences!