“A+ Staff & Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4964 Constitution Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 (Formerly AspenSuites Baton Rouge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“A+ Staff & Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have stayed in Baton Rouge many times, but this was our first stay at the Double Tree. The hotel is very clean, and appears quite new. It's staff, however, stands out as the best part of the visit. Friendly, helpful staff is very important to us. Another reviewer noted the "Southern Hospitality" - we totally agree! It was not just one person, but the entire staff. This includes the front desk, restaurant, housekeeping, and even the night security guard! Congratulations to the management - this speaks highly of a well run hotel!
The room was very nice, and spotless. The tub had a grab bar to use when stepping in - we always consider this an important plus. The only negative point we had was that the tub was a little bit slippery, which makes the grab bar a necessary item. The beds were very comfortable - my wife commented over and over about the excellent mattresses. Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was quite good. They did "over easy" eggs for me that were perfectly done.
We enjoyed our stay, and when returning to Baton Rouge (we come several times a year) we will come back to the Double Tree!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Baton Rouge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The staff was wonderful and the food was really good. The location is easy access to the I10. I have nothing but kind words, but if I had to pick one thing it would be the warmth and southern hospitality of the staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Phones didn't work in the room and when breakfast items were unavailable we were told what they would be replaced with, rather than what we wanted it to be replaced with. Room was fairly nice, although wallpaper pattern does make the walls look dirty. Bathroom was clean, areas for improvement in the general maintenance of the room - cleaning of base boards, etc. No serious problems but would probably try another hotel next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Sean M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Baton Rouge DoubleTree By Hilton on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the staff I apologize for the condition of your room, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have just hired a brand new Food And Beverage Manager. Rest assured the issues that you faced in the restaurant have been rectified. Our main goal is to make sure that guests such as yourself leave the property having had a fulfilling and pleasurable experience here at the DoubleTree. I sincerely apologize that we fell short during your visit. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to prove to you that we can and will provide the level of service you deserve. If there is ever anything that I may do for you please feel free to contact me directly. Have a wonderful summer!

Sean P. Murphy
(225)925-1005
Brookhaven,MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Once again the Double Tree did not disappoint. It was suppose to be a two night mini vacation that turned out to be a 3 night stay! The beds were so comfortable...it was hard to get up every morning. The staff made sure we had everything we needed ( and plenty of warm chocolate cookies). This is our 4 th Double Tree stay. We know we will have a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chris K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review! Please come see us again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

we had a suite. house keeping was an issue. my brother found a goldfish under the bed. housekeeping left us a note because we left a blanket in the bed that we brought. the note said they couldn't make the bed because of it. that's all fine and dandy but have a sign or something! it's just a blanket? sofa is very uncomfortable to sleep on. cookies at check in are a great touch. pool is VERY small. great fitness center. breakfast is too expensive. hallways and elevator were 80+ degrees and it is July- not okay. although when we arrived our room was cool- nice touch. housekeeping needs work. just not quite there. overall good stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Chris K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Baton Rouge. I'm sorry to hear that you had housekeeping issues during your stay. Rest assured these issues will be addressed and corrected immediately, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the improvements we are making as a result of your feedback.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Overall, this Doubletree is pretty nice. However, they certainly didn't make me feel very special. I was not greeted as a HHonors Diamond member upon check-in. I know...it sounds a little snobby, but it takes a while to get there, so a little recognition would be nice! I wasn't offered a cookie. When I later asked for one, the lady at the front desk indicated that they had given them all away to the children in the hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious with modern furnishings. However, my carpet had definitely not been vacuumed as there were pieces of sequins all over my floor. I feel like this was once an extremely nice, new hotel, but they've begun to let it go. The best part of my stay was talking to the sweet girl that was working at the bar. She made a delicious margarita even after the poor thing had worked over 12 hours. She definitely needs a raise!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chris K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of DoubleTree Baton Rouge on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry that we did not have a cookie available to you upon arrival and that we did not show the attention to detail we are capable of. I hope you give us another shot to get it right if your travels bring you back to Baton Rouge.
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is extremely clean. The bed is very comfortable. The air condition actually keeps the room cool without having to adjust the air every few minutes. The only thing I didn't like was the wallpaper in the room, the print looks like mold even though its not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor for the DoubleTree by Hilton Baton Rouge! Please visit us again soon!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!