“Newish hotel; good location for the east side of Baton Rouge” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge East

and 1 more site!
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10989 Siegen Holiday Circle, Baton Rouge, LA 70809   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Langhorne, PA
“Newish hotel; good location for the east side of Baton Rouge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I believe this is a new hotel, but actually was there for such a quick trip, I forgot to ask. It is on a road that is not on Mapquest and smelled new.

Very friendly staff;very average HI Express breakfasts, but decent rooms and very, very comfortable beds.

The bathroom is in good shape with no noticeable problems with tiling or water spots.

the location is off Siegen Drive, and there is a Target nearby, and other stores/restaurants. It is only about 5-6 minutes to LSU, which made if very convenient.

I did not have time to check the workout facilities, so no comments.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
houston, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed here for the weekend for the LSU-UK game. LOVE this hotel. The location is great - lots of stores, restaurants nearby. The front desk area was clean and the guys working there were helpful and friendly. The room itself was awesome. Very spacious and very clean. We had a jacuzzi king room. The jacuzzi itself is out in the open outside the bathroom. It was clean (very important) and in good working condition. I personally didn't use it, but my son got in it with his swim trunks and loved it! We also enjoyed the free breakfast. It included some hot items (eggs, sausage, biscuits) as well as the standard continental breakfast fare.

The only issue we had was that the fire alarm went off at about 6 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday mornings! It was some kind of glitch in their system. Slightly annoying, but not a huge deal. I would stay here again. In fact, I was bummed when it was sold out the following weekend and I had to book another HI in town (which was nice too but this one is better). So I think this will be my first choice for weekends from now on.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Upon arrival the manager on duty and front desk attendant were very friendly and both made sure I was being helped immediately. The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was delicious and there were many options to choose from. TJ Ribs and Hooters are both within walking distance of the hotel. Mall of Louisiana is only about 10 miles away. I would definiately stay here again. :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I am baffled by the negative reviews on here. I have been coming to Baton Rouge every week for 3 months and this is by far the nicest hotel I have stayed at. Much better than the Drury Suites, Courtyard, etc. The rooms are spotless and the folks at the front desk are fantastic. I have stayed 5 times and haven't had any issues. Close to Target, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2011
Carrollton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here with husband and sons ball team. Rooms were large and spacious. Breakfast was wonderful. Staff was very nice and helpful. The room and the hotel was very clean. Location is great. Will definately return.

Room Tip: queen suite is the best
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

The beds are extremely hard! Our room had urine and other filth on the base of the commode, the mirror above the desk was dirty, the room was very dusty, there was some substance on the back of the bathroom door. I'll post pics later and on You Tube! Management was never available to address these issues in person. One manager called the room repeatedly; woke my husband who was ill. The front desk staff who worked the night I checked in and the morning I checked out were very unpleasant [nice/nasty] as if this was the Ritz Carlton. Please. When I was checking in another guest had to bring dirty blankets to the front desk for cleans ones and also got some clean sheets. I'm sure the hotel's management will respond to this post trying to be all kinds of apologetic and defend his/her staff. Save it. The bottom line is the front desk could be friendlier and less sarcastic and housekeeping should do a much better job.

There are plenty of other new and nicer hotels in the area such as Hampton Inn, Drury Inn and Suites, Marriott Springhill Suites and Fairfield. And their staff members treat guests very well and the rooms are clean!!!

Will never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Do not stay there. Period.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lake Charles, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

First, I personally was responsible for blocking 20 rooms for a soccer team. I stressed the need for a queen room only to arrive and be given a king. Then moved to a handicap room. I think I should have been upgraded to a suite for my troubles. And I could not sleep for the noise. You can hear everything - the guest above you, kids running in the hall all hours of the night (there was a little league baseball team there as well). The maid cleaned up the room nicely but they stood out in the hall talking about all the problems they were having with one of the other maids. The hotel is new but very poor construction. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
tammy0317, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge East, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
We are sorry your stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites was not what you expected. Our main goal is guest satisfaction. I have addressed your issues. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and give you the service you deserve as a Guest with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Baton Rouge.

Tammy Cole
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Baton Rouge
225-778-5722

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge East? Share your experiences!