“Lacking...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bastrop
Kent, Ohio
“Lacking...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We arrived earlier than our check-in time so we asked the front desk for a call when our room would be ready. The call came at 2:30. So we had to kill time for 2 and a half hours. We just drove 15 hours. Our room was next to the outside door without a key card entrance and it is propped open all day and night. We can hear any door open and close because it shakes the walls. We are across from the vending machines and ice maker and that's loud. our refrigerator has a non-working freezer that drips onto the carpet and has left a dark, wet stain. The room is damp and has a mold smell to it. It hasn't been vacuumed because when we first walked in, we found a piece of dried up pepperoni on the floor. We encountered one nice house keeper. The girl at the front desk was so rude and treats everyone as if they aren't good enough. We went to breakfast at 8:00am and all that was left was one piece of sausage and cold cereal. Our room has stains all over the floors, walls, sheets, and the bathroom is just disgusting. We had no tissues and one roll of half used toilet paper. When we put our towels in the tub the next day, we returned to find no towels and had to call. The pool isn't open even though it's 80 degrees. We asked if we could just sit in the lounge chairs and the rude girl at the desk refused. They staff basically treat anyone who isn't from the south like dirt. I guess this is the best hotel to stay in around but it's terrible. I hope we never have to come back because I would never want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The facility was very clean. Nice people that work there and nice location. Just wish it would have been pool weather! Love the size of the suites. Just wish the bathtubs was a little bit bigger. The beds was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012
dipakpatel1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 318-556-2800.

Slidell, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel refused to cancel my reservation after giving 2 day's notice. If you want to stay at this hotel NEVER EVER select the INTERNET RATE. If you have to cancel for any reason they will refuse to cancel you reservation. I was told the hotel manager Deepak could refund if he really wanted to. After speaking with him he was VERY VERY rude and told me under no circumstances would he cancel my reservation. Needless to say I will NEVER stay at this hotel. I will tell my experience to everyone !! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
dipakpatel1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I had seen your reservation was prepaid non cancelable thus I could not cancel it.

BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites

Travelers are raving about these Bastrop hotels

Karlstad, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have spent 4 weeks at this hotel. The size of the room is nice but the housekeeping is horrible. I bougth a par of shoes that I had in my room but they dissaperad and the hotel was not willing to reimburse me for the loss. The majority of the staff is very unfriendly.

Anyway, if you have to spend I nigth in Bastrop, this is probably the best hotel in the town, but if you can, stay in Monroe!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dipakpatel1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.I want you to accept complementary room night next time you are in Bastrop,LA. I can assure you that I am taking the proper measures with my staff to ensure that this will not be a problem in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 318-556-2800.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This was our second stay at the Best Western in Bastrop. It's the best hotel there! We felt safe. The decor is a little dated, but they were changing the carpet in every room upon arrival. I'm not sure if they will change out the furniture next. The buffet is an an above average continental buffet. Overall the hotel management seemed to care about the condition/look of the hotel. The front desk is always courteous.

We had a gnat problem in our room. We killed about five gnats within the first hour. I honestly attributed it to the fact that the back door was left open for carpet installation. We were offered another room the next morning when I complained...but we did not want to pack up our kids and move. The walls are also kinda thin and you can here walking above the room. And, my daughter found some coins underneath the let-out couch when we let it out. Our room was also missing a shower curtain, but quickly installed once we mentioned it.

Overall, we would stay there again. It's close to all the shopping. Don't forget to drive east for about 10 minutes to Mer Rouge and get some yummy ice cream just across the railroad tracks.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve,. you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.We sure will look in to replacing pillows. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is by far the best hotel to stay at if you are traveling through the small town of Bastrop, LA. The staff really made you feel welcome to their town and were more than happy to help you find your way around town. I asked for a non-smoking room and unlike most hotels, the room actually did not smell like cigarettes!! This hotel is located in what seems to be a quiet part of town with a grocery store across the street and a church beside it. I have stayed at every hotel in this town and this is the only one worth staying at!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
dipakpatel1, Manager at BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 9, 2012

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for several years, since 2007. I am doing road construction in the area. the hotel is always clean. The staff is very friendly and always eager to help in any way they can. The hotel is located just a mile from a wal Mary and is right across the street from a super 1 foods. If any person is looking for a hotel in the area of bastrop, la. This is the only one I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2011
dipakpatel1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for taking a few moments to write a review of the Best Western North Inn & Suites.! I'm pleased to know that you feel like part of the family. You and the team stay for quite some time, and we do our best to make sure you "feel at home"!
See you soon.

Dipak Patel

Been to BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!