“Worth it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester KY

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Winchester KY to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester KY
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Interstate Dr., I-64 Exit 96, Winchester, KY 40391 (Formerly Days Inn Lexington / Winchester)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Winchester
Dayton, OH
“Worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was traveling through I-64 on a trip to meet up with some friends in Ashland and decided to stop here because it wasn't a chain motel. I figured it would be cheaper and that I would save some money. Luckily, that is what I got. The receptionist was cordial and asked if I wanted to see the room first. I was a little iffy at first, but then I thought why not. The room was very clean. To be frank, I was a little surprised to see that this isn't a chain motel because the room and the lobby looked like quality space. Therefore, I went ahead and checked in. There was cable, fridge, microwave, and free-wifi. What more could I ask for. I was able to surf the web and get a really good night sleep. The beds were comfy, showers & toilet worked great (stuff I was afraid wouldn't work). Breakfast was good. Nothing hot but substantial nonetheless. I checked out and headed in to the highway. I was surprised by some of the reviews on this property. In my experience, the price was right, and this stay was worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mount Sterling, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were looking for a get away for the weekend and decided to go cheap on a motel BIG mistake. Yes this was the cheapest around by about 40 dollars so we booked it for Friday and Saturday the rooms were dirty,the bed linen was dingy and had cigarette burns on the covers, bathroom towels were dingy also and the toilet didn't want to flush good. Carpet was dirty and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. Their complementary breakfast was a joke the counters tops were nasty ,the doughnuts was old, the milk was sitting on the counter in a jug, toaster didn't work and the cereal was in a dispenser and looked dried out. Oh yeah the shower mat in the tub was dirty also the door to the room showed light threw it. If I had it to do over I would have spent the extra 40 for the hotel beside this one. Do not stay here for your on safety.

Room Tip: Ask to view the room that they want to put you in before checking in or better than that never ever...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The guy at the reception was high on something or whatever, but with such unfiendly smarties that hotel can close down. It was clean at the reception, but the receptionist was as rude as it can be and I did not even want to ask what I came for to ask...

Room Tip: Pay attention who is working at the reception...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
east tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Very bad service, party scheduled, Guest NOT told about party when checking in, motel would not give refund, just told cusomters to wait until after 2:00 a.m. to get sleep after the party was over. Local police removed party at aprox 3:00 a.m.
While loading to leave just after 3:00 a.m. noticed several black bugs on the bed, just happen to have camera with zoom lens and took photos -identified bed bugs. Room 112

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Couldn't get into one room. Broken lock on the other room. The next morning, the toilet stopped up in the broken lock room. WIFI didn't work. Breakfast supposed to be at 6:30, but didn't happen until almost 7. Complained to the manager and said we wanted compensation. When we went to check out, he saw us pull up out front, saw me get out of the truck, and he made a beeline down the hall. Clerk on duty said she had to have manager's O.K. to compensate me. When I contacted Days Inn HQ, they said this one was a franchise, so they could do nothing. If I could give this hotel a minus zero, I would. Would rather sleep in the car than stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We started in room 131 and roaches galore. Got moved upstairs to room 231. Found more roaches at night. Took pictures of them, and front desk wasn't helpful. Offered me $6 back. Told me the needed talk to manager who they wouldn't call. Called Days Inn customer service, and was informed in April 2009 they where suspended and not even a Days Inn now. Door lock was broken, had loose screw, had to really work with it to get it locked. Didn't leave any valuables in room at all. Comforter and blanket had cigarette burns in them. Towels dingy dirty.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

We made reservations for one price and when we arrived they charged us more. They wouldn't give us our confirmed price! The whole place had the look and feel of a run down old motel. The towels were dingy and the whole place needed a good cleaning.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester KY? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn Winchester KY

Address: 1100 Interstate Dr., I-64 Exit 96, Winchester, KY 40391 (Formerly Days Inn Lexington / Winchester)
Location: United States > Kentucky > Winchester
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Winchester
Hotel Class:2 star — Red Roof Inn Winchester KY 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Red Roof Inn, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Red Roof Inn Winchester KY reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Winchester

If you own or manage Red Roof Inn Winchester KY, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.