“A true Bargain just south of Lexington KY: a great night's rest off the road!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Country Squire

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Charlotte Nc
“A true Bargain just south of Lexington KY: a great night's rest off the road!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Another Real B.W. Bargain: exceptionally clean with comfy beds, friendly & helpful staff, many in-room conveniences & free wireless internet access that worked. Just what we hoped for: a great night's rest just off the interstate!

Room Tip: Room away from the noise of highways.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prop18018, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Country Squire, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate that you selected us for your lodging needs. We hope that we will see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Didn't even have to walk in room, smell came out and slapped us in face. We were travelling with our dog and there was no where to walk a pet. We didn't ask for another room because I feel a place that would put people in a room that smelled that awful doesn't have great customer service.

• Stayed August 2012
Prop18018, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Country Squire, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Customer service is a vital part of our business and we are sorry that we didn't get the chance to make your stay more enjoyable. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and are focused on improving. If there is anything else we should know or if you need to contact us for any reason please feel free to do so. We are open 24 hours and one of our front desk attendants would be happy to assist you in any way possible. Our phone number is 859-744-7210. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very nice lady at the front desk. Good location - it's well off the interstate, so there's no freeway noise.

Looks like it was recently remodeled. It wasn't a perfect job (maybe they could have replaced the ancient air duct grills instead of just painting them over), but it was very clean and a real bargain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Prop18018, Front Desk at BEST WESTERN Country Squire, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a revue. We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!
Chicagoland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I wasn't expecting much from this motel, but I simply needed a bed for the night while stopping during a road trip. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of cleanliness, the comfort of the bed, the well-maintained pool, and the free continental breakfast that included gravy and biscuits. I even received a phone call shortly after check-in to ensure that the room was acceptable and to see if I had any questions or needed anything. My room was non-smoking and smelled clean. The shower was hot with good pressure. The pool was clean and enjoyable after a long day of driving. I would stay here again and recommend them as a great value for travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Prop18018, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Country Squire, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for the compliments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can be of service again in the future. We appreciate that you decided to share your opinion with the public and hope others do so as well.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the reviews I read on here, and I was not disappointed! I hadn't prebooked it since I wasn't sure we would be ready to stop on our way to Nashville. I got one of the last rooms. Shortly after we had settled into the room, they called from the front desk to see if everything was alright and if we needed anything. That's a first! There are many restaurants nearby. Very comfortable beds. Wifi worked really well.(not like our next hotel). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Prop18018, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Country Squire, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you so much for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with others. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Me n my Hubby are Truckers n anytime we cant get home for the weekend we get a room n relax! To start off even with a military n CDL's I still paid 167.00 for 2 nights we almost went to the Holiday Inn but were soo tired all we wanted to do was rest! At 9:30AM the housekeepers knocked once n then jus walked Right on in our room,I was soo tired I tried to brush it off n go back to sleep n I be darned if 11:35AM another knock n another hOuse keePer walked in AGAIN!! By this time I was Pissed n called the front desk n she apologized of course n guaranteed that it wouldn't happen again!! So to make a long story short I woke up around 2PM N reached for my lighter n it fell behind the bed so my Husbqnd bent down to get it n cut his Finger on a Crack Pipe n had to go to the hospital for a tetanus shot!!!! So of course I flipped out n got our money back n we went somewhere else;the only reason I'm writing this is cuz we stay in Hotels All the time n I ALWAYS check the ratings on Trip Advisor n hoPe I help another person from going threw the crap we went threw,n for the same Price u can go to Holiday Inn n get a nice clean room for the same price!!

• Stayed May 2012
Prop18018, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Country Squire, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
We thank you for staying with us and do apologize for the intrusion. We strongly suggest that when staying at ANY hotel that you engage the deadbolt and night latch on the door. With the deadbolt in place a key card cannot be used to enter your room. This is not to downplay the incident and we are sincerely sorry for the invasion of your privacy.
As to the other incident, we really wish you had not picked up the item yourself and removed it from the room. We have staff that could have done that for you. We also wish that you had informed us and the police of the injury so it could have been included in the police report. It is unfortunate that you were not able to stick around long enough to give the police officer that came to retrieve the object your statement. We do hope that you were able to find another hotel with the refund that you received.
Port Ewen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

nice clean room, freindly staff. convenient to lexington ky area.

Room Tip: near lexington, very nice place to stay,excellent staff.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Prop18018, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Country Squire, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again in the near future

Been to BEST WESTERN Country Squire? Share your experiences!