“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Fairmont, WV
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This Hampton Inn is a VERY nice one! It was very attractive, clean and inviting--inside and out.
Each staff member, from the desk clerk, the breakfast attendant to the maid, were friendly and professional. My room was sparkling clean and quite comfortable--it even smelled wonderful!
I was pleased to have a great TV, microwave and refrigerator, in addition to the very comfy beds and luxurious bathroom. This Inn has key cards that don't need to be "swiped"--you just wave the card in front of the lock area and the door unlocks! I was told it's okay to store the key card near a cell phone (unless the traditional key cards which stop working if left near a cell phone). The landscaping was just gorgeous, too. My only suggestion would be better signage. It was dark when I was trying to drive onto the property and I had a hard time finding the drive (even though I could see the hotel).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ironton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 days., I am an assistant manager at another Hampton Inn. This hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly, every time we passed one of the employees they would speak and ask how our stay was and if we needed anything. I wish my staff was that friendly. No one knew that I was management from another hotel, so I am sure they are this way with everyone.GREAT JOB keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Friendly Staff
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

We came up for Middle School state Tournament and stayed over was a very very nice hotel

• Stayed February 2012
Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We were traveling to Iowa, drove until 1:30am. The front desk clerk was so nice, we went to the lobby to get a drink before going to sleep and he got out danishes and muffins offering them to us. We were only there one very short night. Comfy beds, clean rooms, Nice breakfast and staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I found this hotel to be very clean and comfortable. They offer an evening "snack" which turned out to be dinner for us. They served chicken noodle soup, tomato soup, rolls, chicken salad, crackers and cheese, chips, carrots, dip, fruit and cookies. This was all included. If passing through the area again I would stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

A great place to stay. Very clean and comfotable room. Its good to use as a base camp to surounding activities. The staff was polite and able to answer all my questions about local activities. The bed and pillows(these pillows are the nicest we have ever had at a hotel) were comfortable for a good nights sleep. It has easy access from the interstate. We will definately stay here again. A great hotel at a great price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I've been to Hampton Inns, but I've never been to one that has a small meal in the evening. It was nice to not have to go back out to a restaurant after a long day of driving. Breakfast was what I expected at a Hampton. I've never been to any hotel that called the room later to check and make sure everything was O.K. It was also one of the quietest ones I've ever been in. The room was also dark enough--we never ever get that at a hotel. There was a night light in the bath that provided plenty of light if you needed it. Everyone we ran into that worked there was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Winchester? Share your experiences!