“Very Good Value!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5250 Revillo Rd, I64 Exit 94, Winchester, KY 40391 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Winchester)   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Glassboro, New Jersey
“Very Good Value!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

After a few glitches checking-in, (room not ready, wrong room), the person at the front desk went out of her way to make me feel welcome. It wasn't a 4 Star hotel by any means but the room, pool, and breakfast area were kept very clean. I would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Owensboro, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is in a strange location and not obvious how to get to it. Upon arrival I found my room to be is disrepair. The closet door was missing the know all together. The hook part of that latch on the interior of the entrance door had been ripped out of the door and patched with what looked to bee bathtub caulk, rendering the lock useless. There was no iron or ironing board in the room. Asking for one from the housekeepers, who could not speak English, resulted in a trip to the front counter whereby the desk clerk went to three different rooms to find one for me. This morning I had to move the in room coffee pot to three different outlets before I found an outlet that would power it up. This is most likely one of the two worst hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Scott G,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay. It appears that the room accommodation and the location of our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Charisse V
Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is not the greatest, but most of that is because they're going through a renovation but the staff is extremely nice. The Front Desk Manager- Derek went above and beyond and ensured that I had enjoyed my weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Donetheworld,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you found our hotel staff helpful and accommodating. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience that you may have experienced due to ongoing renovations. These changes are also for us to give you the best hotel experience in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope we have the pleasure to hosting you again.

Kind regards,

Faith R
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This pretty much describes my impression of this hotel! The room smelled like cigars and there were bugs everywhere. The owner obviously isn't concerned with her customer's opinion of her hotel. It's easier to ignore the bills for services to run the hotel properly than to pay them. Why spend money on bills, right Sue? Make the money while you can.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear tom l,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am very sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Nice people, good breakfast. One scary thing to notice, mattresses that are either covered in plastic or have a vynal covered mattress pad. This one had the pad. Vynal doesn't breathe. I understand why hotels do this but I choose to avoid these places. Another curious red flag, the hot water was turned off in the bathroom sink...no doubt to save money. Again I will avoid. Not. a good sign.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear TimEbert,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your compliments about our hotel staff and breakfast option. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the quality of our mattresses. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Winchester, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Do not work for this company or stay at this hotel. They do not pay their bills. Sue the owner is cheap and does not pay for services that she has requested to be done. Find a different hotel. If they are too cheap to pay their bills, then they are too cheap to take care of their customers. Good luck getting what you want out of this hotel, we have not been able to!!!

Room Tip: don't get one
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear asa h,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received services that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Unfortunate to write a bad review but hopefully this will save a family from booking here.

Now, let me start with the desk staff, they were fine and friendly, not the greatest hotel check in experience, but it's not less (or more) than I would have expected for a Holiday Inn Express. The best part of the stay was the kind lady tending breakfast. Not knowing what time breakfast was over, I went downstairs right when she started putting things away, and she promptly brought everything back out and made sure I had everything I was looking for. That was awesome, and is the only thing that kept this review from a terrible rating.

So right from the parking lot you can tell the hotel is tired, looks all original outside and the inside agrees. Furnishings, carpet, wall paper, elevator, are all worn looking, some torn, grout crumbled. It was all clean but just old.

As I walk into the room I was greeted with a slight odor of funk, a blinking clock and two pillows without pillow cases on one of the beds. Old stains on the wall paper and again worn and old furnishings. The beds were great, I slept well and the room, like the lobby, was clean, just worn and tired. The bathroom matched the rest of my experience, clean but old. Toilet paper holders were rusted, and I mean enough to take a picture so my friends didn't think I was just being picky. I would never leave toilet paper holders in my place that looked like that. Toilet plumbing fixtures were very rusty, shower head was definitely past it's service life, but the bathroom was clean. The ironing board was unusable. The bracket that holds the iron is bolted right to the wide end of the board making it impossible to iron on except for the tapered part of the board, but wait, the pad was so puffy and wrinkled that the rest of the usable real estate on the board was also unusable.

So I went to go for a jog on the treadmill in the fitness room which is right next to the pool. The fitness room smelled like pool and was warm and steamy. The treadmill didn't disappoint my original impression of the hotel, it was in shambles but I stepped up on it to give it a try anyway. Of course it didn't work, and of course there wasn't a notice of anything being out of order. I would have just gone for a jog outside but the hotel is pretty much surrounded by gas station, highway, and major road. So I went for a pedal on the exercise bike which, other than the smelly steamy room, went fine. I was so sweaty and smelly from the sauna-like fitness room after my bike ride I was real excited for a cup of water from the water cooler that was in the corner. Guess what? Yup, bone dry. I mentioned it to the desk and figured I'd try again before checking out just to hopefully be surprised. Fast forward thee hours, on the way to check out, stopped at the fitness room and yup, still just as empty as when I was in there three hours prior.

Now backup if you will, asked the desk for a late checkout while at breakfast and was told that 12:30 would be fine, room number written down and I left happily to my room. At high noon, knock knock knock housekeeping...key card sliding into and out of lock , housekeeping... So I answer the door and and without a hello was greeted with "you checking out today or staying another night?" So I explained I have a late checkout of 12:30. But that was not one of the options that she presented me so it was either I'm checking out right now, or staying another night. After about 3 exchanges I convinced her that I was in fact checking out that day, but that it wasn't going to be for another half hour. Now I know what some of you may be thinking, "why didn't you just have the do not disturb sign on your door?". Well I did have it displayed in my door and was met at 12:00 with cards sliding into my door lock and housekeeping demanding an explanation of my stay half an hour before my agreed upon late checkout time.

I don't normally stay at the Holiday Inn hotels but have before, and have never left with an impression of this. I know this isn't typical of Holiday Inns, even the Express line of them. I would be embarrassed if I had chosen this hotel while on a road trip with my family. This was a business trip and I still think I was overcharged for the night, even at whatever type of corporate rate I was given. Lexington is only 20 miles away, I would definitely make my next stay someplace downtown that I'm sure wouldn't disappoint as much as this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear x96connelly,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the compliment regarding our desk staff friendly and great beds. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchester
Hampton Inn Winchester
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#29 of 69 in Lexington
4.0 of 5 stars 50 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!