“Yuck...definitely try another hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5250 Revillo Rd, I64 Exit 94, Winchester, KY 40391 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Winchester)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Louisiana
“Yuck...definitely try another hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We usually try to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels due to their consistency. The front desk clerk was very nice when we checked in, but had what I think was her boyfriend hanging out in the lobby with her.

This was a one night stopover during a family road trip vacation. The hotel is old and dirty and needs a serious cleaning. The whole place reeks of cigarette smoke. I felt very fortunate to have brought some spray anywhere bleach. The hotel is close to the interstate, which was the best thing about it. However, it's between a busy gas station and another even more run down hotel. A lot of sketchy looking people were in the parking lot. Traveling with my mother and two younger brothers, I did not feel safe going to and from my car.

There's a much nicer looking HIE in Richmond just a few miles up the road I wished we would have stayed in.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear GoWithNaney,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
South Barrington, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I love the HIE brand and try to stay with them as often as I can. We were very tired from a long day of travelling from Myrtle Beach to Chicago and decided to stay at this HIE.
1st the positives- The Staff is amazing. Whitney checked us in and gave us water and a bag of treats for each member of our family for being Priority club members. The staff at breakfast and check out was also very nice.
Negatives- the hotel smelled funny like they sprayed a lot of air freshener trying to cover things up. The hotel needs a lot of TLC. We had rust in our tub (room 205) and our room again smelled funny but different from the lobby. The beds were clean but my hubby and I were very itchy from the bedding- perhaps whatever they wash the bedding in? This didn't affect my kids so hubby and I took some benedryl then fell asleep. Breakfast was good with Cinnamon rolls, sausage, biscuits and gravy. The pancake machine was out of order but no big deal. They were also out of fat free milk but the breakfast guy was very apologetic. Check out was a breeze and the clerk offered my kids some cookies to take on the road which was really nice.
The pool looked nice but we did not swim.
There were cigarette butts all over the sidewalks by the entrance.
Overall I would probably not stay here again unless it was renovated but the staff was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear rebeccarose76,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I appreciate your compliment on our hotel staff. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell short of our goal in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P
Iowa City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here while on a trip overnight. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the water was excellent (both in pressure and temperature). The pool was great, although the pool area was very hot.

I would definitely stay here again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel several years ago and remember it being a decent place to stop during cross country travel (mainly due to the timing of when to stop driving for the day). Clearly a few years later the hotel is getting run down. As others have said it's probably not up to the standards of most Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were poorly maintained and appeared to be falling apart in many areas - especially the bathroom. Will stop going here and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially at the prices for one night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear cdb81,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the condition of our hotel may have caused you. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything about this hotel was disappointing. Poor construction, sloppy renovation, horrible smell, dirty, and just plain not worth the money (even though it is cheaper than staying in Lexington). Don't try to save a few dollars by staying here, you'll regret it.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Sandseekers,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. For that reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

To start with the positives, the staff was very friendly and courteous, and overall the rooms and hotel were clean. However, that's where the positives end. Overall maintenance of this hotel is poor. The air conditioning unit in our room leaked water. The carpeting was damp and the room smelled musty, leaving both me any my wife with headaches in the morning. There was no drain stopper in the bathtub, so baths for our toddlers were not an option. Overall, we were very disappointed.

If you're staying in Winchester, consider another hotel. If you're loyal to IHG hotels, consider one of the locations in Lexington or the Holiday Inn Express in Morehead.

Room Tip: Best tip - go elsewhere. If you must stay here, ask for the east side of the building, as the west...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear donnyshawn,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel, clean rooms and our friendly and courteous front desk staff. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and I am glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my deep apologies for the overall maintenance of the hotel that greatly affected your stay. Thank you for letting us know about about the issues in the air conditioning and bathtub. Rest assured this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is should your travels bring you back to Winchester.

Krysllin G.
Cumming, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Have stayed here before and the hotel was marginal. This trip I found a trap at the head of the bed on the floor. All hotels in the area sold out or I would not have stayed here. Beware of this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear mhdurden,

Ben J
IHG Care
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchester
Hampton Inn Winchester
Ramada Limited Mt. Sterling
Ramada Limited Mt. Sterling
#1 of 4 in Mount Sterling
3.5 of 5 stars 189 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!