“Not up to par for the HI Express standard.” 2 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Express Winchester
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5250 Revillo Rd, I64 Exit 94, Winchester, KY 40391   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
USA
“Not up to par for the HI Express standard.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything about this hotel was disappointing. Poor construction, sloppy renovation, horrible smell, dirty, and just plain not worth the money (even though it is cheaper than staying in Lexington). Don't try to save a few dollars by staying here, you'll regret it.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Sandseekers,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. For that reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

To start with the positives, the staff was very friendly and courteous, and overall the rooms and hotel were clean. However, that's where the positives end. Overall maintenance of this hotel is poor. The air conditioning unit in our room leaked water. The carpeting was damp and the room smelled musty, leaving both me any my wife with headaches in the morning. There was no drain stopper in the bathtub, so baths for our toddlers were not an option. Overall, we were very disappointed.

If you're staying in Winchester, consider another hotel. If you're loyal to IHG hotels, consider one of the locations in Lexington or the Holiday Inn Express in Morehead.

Room Tip: Best tip - go elsewhere. If you must stay here, ask for the east side of the building, as the west...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear donnyshawn,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel, clean rooms and our friendly and courteous front desk staff. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and I am glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my deep apologies for the overall maintenance of the hotel that greatly affected your stay. Thank you for letting us know about about the issues in the air conditioning and bathtub. Rest assured this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is should your travels bring you back to Winchester.

Krysllin G.
Cumming, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Have stayed here before and the hotel was marginal. This trip I found a trap at the head of the bed on the floor. All hotels in the area sold out or I would not have stayed here. Beware of this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear mhdurden,

High Point, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Daniel Boone National Forest, specifically the Red River Gorge Geological Area and Natural Bridge State Park. A pretty generic Holiday Inn Express. Nothing special stands out positively. One complaint was the very weak WI-FI signal that pretty much shut down at 10 PM each night of our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear NCLoggerheads,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.
Though I would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, I would like to thank you for providing your feedback. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,
Brenda J.
georgetown, ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The clerk walk in happy-go-lucky without knocking. We have stayed at this motel a lot in the past. We have had problems with the maids knocking on the door too earily before we checked out. But never have we ever had someone walk in with out knocking. My boyfriend was checking out, I was still in bed when the clerk just bouces in to see if room was ready. That will be our last time staying there. That was totally uncalled for. very unsatified....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
linda s,

Thank you for your recent stay, and feedback. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the service received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Wyoming, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just stayed here the last 2 nights.

We were happy with the clean beds (whew, always a concern when travelling with kids!) and the breakfast. Lots to choose from at the breakfast including fresh-made pancakes. Love the cinnamon rolls too.

Otherwise, it's a tired hotel that needs a bunch of TLC.

The faucet in the tub was on the fritz; by the time my husband showered before we left, we couldn't even get it on! And, the towel rack was ready to fall off the wall.

The A/C did NOT blow cold air. When I mentioned it upon checkout, the manager never apologized, but rather offered a suggestion of using the fan instead of the A/C because it wasn't very hot out. The response was more than disappointing.

The beds were very soft; both my husband and I woke up with stiff backs.

The pool itself was nice, but the area around the pool was dirty, especially the "drain track" (completely gross!).

The carpet in the hallways is filthy!

Thankfully the price wasn't too bad, or else I'd have found another place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
beckirb,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service and accommodations that were less than satisfactory. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Independence, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was my family's third stay at this particular HIE. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean BUT the hotel is not being properly maintained. There were all sorts of badly filled screw holes in the bathroom walls. They were using some sort of bracket to hold up the the towel bar. The repair job there was just plain crappy. The plate covering the light switches was at an angle and you could see the patch job around it. Everywhere they patched was painted over. It shows a lack of pride in ownership by the franchisee.

The best part of the stay was the pool.

If you are visiting Winchester there are not many good choices. You either stay at the other highly rated national chain, find a room in Lexington or stay here. You make the choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Winchester, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Spiritky,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. I hope you will consider us again when in Winchester. Thank you again.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winchester? Share your experiences!