This was my family's third stay at this particular HIE. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean BUT the hotel is not being properly maintained. There were all sorts of badly filled screw holes in the bathroom walls. They were using some sort of bracket to hold up the the towel bar. The repair job there was just plain crappy. The plate covering the light switches was at an angle and you could see the patch job around it. Everywhere they patched was painted over. It shows a lack of pride in ownership by the franchisee.
The best part of the stay was the pool.
If you are visiting Winchester there are not many good choices. You either stay at the other highly rated national chain, find a room in Lexington or stay here. You make the choice.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester Hotel Winchester
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester Hotel
- Holiday Inn Winchester
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Winchester is located in the Bluegrass Region of the Commonwealth, in a great position for everything the Greater Lexington Area has to offer. We are minutes from Bluegrass Airport, University of Kentucky, Keeneland Race Track, Kentucky Horse Park, Deer Run Stables, Lexmark International, Toyota, Shaker Village, and the Bluegrass Heritage Museum. Our hotel is a 58 room facility located off I-64. Restaurants are located within one mile of the hotel. Our hotel has 58 rooms, interior corridor with elevator. Indoor heated pool, fitness center, complimentary hot breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Winchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.