“Comforting experience during a family tragedy.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homeplace Guesthouse B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmore
Homeplace Guesthouse B & B
You added Homeplace Guesthouse B & B to your Saves list
206 S. Lexington Ave, Wilmore, KY 40390   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Wilmore B&B and Inns
Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
“Comforting experience during a family tragedy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

A family member was killed in an automobile accident and we needed a quiet, welcoming, Christian retreat in the Wilmore, KY area. The Homeplace Guest House B & B was just what God had planned for us. The care givers, Art and Carol Miller, were a joy to be with during our grieving time and so gracious with their words and deeds. Wonderful accomodations and healthy made from scratch breakfasts. Conveniently located within walking distance to Asbury College and central Wilmore shops. Stay for a night or a week or more, you will be well taken care of, no matter what brings you to the Wilmore area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Art and Carol are fantastic! We felt like we've known them for years. Their B&B is so cozy and comfortable, wood stove was burning when we arrived, we love the smell of a wood stove, beds are very comfortable. Carol puts together a gourmet breakfast and we always have time to visit with them around their dining table.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: It's a small B&B, only two rooms, we've stayed in both and have no complaints about eith...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Midwest City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is my second stay at the Homeplace, and it is just that. It is a charming old home that is beautifully restored and very comfortable. The rooms are clean and charming. Art & Carol are gracious, caring hosts and I feel at home the minute I walk in. Breakfast is marvelous, and I have truly enjoyed the conversations on several topics. Art & Carol are knowledgeable about many things, and have made my stays here very relaxing and enjoyable. They have pointed me to several places I would not have found without them. I travel to Wilmore for school, and love staying here. It's within walking distance to class in just a few minutes. I would highly recommend staying here whenever you are in the area. The other guests are also pretty interesting, and I've had a great time getting to know them as well and sharing life with them for the few days that I am here.

Room Tip: All available rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife Julie and I were guests of Art and Carol March 15-16, 2012 and had a great time. Homeplace B&B is a wonderful restored home with lots of warm woodwork and quaint furnishings. The woodburning stove in the living room took the chill off of the cool mornings. Carol is a fablous cook and each morning we enjoyed different homemade treats for breakfast. Our room was comfortable, clean and inviting and from the second floor balcony we could sit and watch life, Wilmore Kentucky style, pass by. The best part of our stay was the time spent with our hosts, Art and Carol. We were friends from before but hadn't seen them for many years. The were as welcoming and open as we remembered them and were equally comfortable to let us do our own thing or spend hours with us talking. I especially enjoyed the long walking tour of Wilmore they took me on. We'll be back . . . and highly recommend Homeplace Guesthouse B&B for some good old Kentucky hospitality!

Room Tip: Both upstairs rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I found the Homeplace Guesthouse after our original reservations in Wilmore fell through. Art and Carol were so gracious to accommodate me at the last minute and their home was so warm and inviting after a long day on the road.
Sitting and visiting in their beautiful livingroom felt like spending time with old friends and before my stay was over, I truly felt like I had some new friends. The breakfast was wonderful and the company both interesting and entertaining. I slept very soundly and found my room quiet and comfortable.
I would definitely recommend staying here and hope that I get the chance to return. Truly a lovely place you won't want to miss if you are in the Lexington area.
Margaret B

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We have stayed at Homeplace a few times a year since August of 2009. It really is a home away from home. Well-kept with an old-fashioned flavor. The food is tasty and the hospitality is unsurpassed by anything I've experienced in over 30 years of travel to more than 20 countries. I have business in Lexington next month and plan to stay in Wilmore at the Homeplace.

Room Tip: Favorite room is at the top of the stairs on the right - facing Lexington Ave.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stepped into warmth, shalom and sunshine when we walked through the front door of the Homeplace. A cheery woodstove and the hand-painted flowers on the kitchen tile made my husband and I want to pull up a comfy chair and enjoy the inviting cup of tea we were offered. The owners, Art and Carol Miller, welcomed and served us with friendly smiles and accommodating spirits. The parlor is a cozy place to relax and enjoy books or catch up on the news. We slept in one of the two upstairs bedrooms and experienced a restful and quiet night’s sleep. The spaciousness and cleanliness of the bathroom made it a pleasure to use. Carol asked us if we would want coffee before breakfast and graciously provided that for us. The Millers invest time and effort into the breakfast menu, and it has always been delicious. During our stays, we have been offered quiche, whole-wheat pancakes with strawberries and yogurt, or some other breakfast specialty. We find it a challenge to eat just one serving of whatever is offered because it is so tastefully prepared. And, there is has always been a plate of fresh fruit to delight our palette. If you are traveling around Lexington and want to create some unforgettable memories, stop in at the Homeplace.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homeplace Guesthouse B & B? Share your experiences!