“Days Inn Williamstown KY” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Inn Williamstown KY

You added Sunrise Inn Williamstown KY to your Saves list
Sunrise Inn Williamstown KY
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 Kentucky Ave 36 West, Williamstown, KY 41097 (Formerly Days Inn Williamstown)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Williamstown
Dayton
“Days Inn Williamstown KY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Older motel. Quaint outdoor pool. The down side was the breakfast - it consisted of powdered donuts and cereal. Ended up going to a restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Madison, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Do not let the pictures fool you, this hotel (motel) is absolutely disgusting and unsafe. First off this place is literally in the middle of no where. There is not a store or restaurant within a reasonable distance. When I pulled into the hotel I could not believe what I saw. I've been to many Days Inn and this was no Days Inn. Everything about this place was run down. After I checked in I went to my room. I was on a side where I was the only person in a room. Why I couldn't have been near everyone else I have no idea.

When I got to my room and opened the door I was hit in the race with a moldy/musty smell. When I went to close and lock the door I noticed the door fram has been cracked, as if someone kicked down the door. The dead bolt would not lock. The door had been attempted to be fixed with nails. I had to push the cracked door frame in just to get the door to lock. When it locked I tried to pushed it open and I could easily see out side of my room with a simple push on the door. I don't know what I would have done if someone tried to get in my room.

I ten turned on the tv, which was broken and fuzzy like a tv from 2000. When I opened the fridge I was hit with another smell, one that almost knocked me out. The light switches in the bathroom did not work and there were dead bugs on the floor. The toilet had not been flushed from the guest prior; disgusting. The microwave was held together with duck tape. When I went to plug in my phone I noticed the whole electrical socket was pulled out of the wall, talk about a fire hazard.

I went back to the front office to tell them that I did not feel safe here and explained everything I had just encountered. The woman simply laughed at me and said nothing has ever happened here in 20 years and I am worrying for nothing. Did she offer to move me to a different room? No, she just laughed at me and said there is nothing she can do. I told the woman I wanted a refund and I would just leave, there was no way I could sleep tonight because of the conditions of everything, lead alone stay there for 3 nights. Ultimately, I did have to stay the night because she would not do anything for me. So I barricaded the door with the chairs and table provided in the room and slept with an open knife right next to me on the night stand.

This hotel room is not safe for single men lead alone a family with small kids. Sure, the price is nice if you are going to be in the area (Kentucky Motor Speedway) but avoid this one! Go to Dry Ridge just south of the track, you will not regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jonah p, Manager at Sunrise Inn Williamstown KY, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am very sorry about your experience at our property, we are currently upgrading the property, i have recently took over as manager. We did refund your money and are offering you dicount price on next visit. We would have moved you to different room if told at time of check-in. we have never had anyone break into rooms and harm anyone very safe community low crime rate. I am very sorry that you had to barricade yourself in room that disgusted you so much. I apologize also for paranoid feeling you had while staying here. God Bless, sincerily Jonah Patton
Kincardine, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked this hotel via hotwire while traveling to Florida with our two small children. The pictures looked nice and all we really wanted was a decent room, pool for the kids to have a swim after sitting in the car all day and a decent breakfast. Unfortunately we didn`t get any of those. The staff first of all was very rude. Our room had a funky smell but was mostly clean. The pool was the most disgusting sight I`ve ever witnessed. Our kids were so excited, threw on their bathing suits and ran down, they were obviously very disappointed when they saw the state of the pool. The bottom of the shallow end was filled with bugs, algae as far as the eye could see and chipped paint all over. Needless to say they didn`t get to swim. We complained to the front desk and he said ``oh, the pool is closed.`` There is no closed sign on the pool and the gate is unlocked....obviously just trying to make excuses for the mess. Ridiculous. The breakfast consisted of tepid tap water for your tea, Wal-Mart brand oatmeal, that you could mix with the tepid water I guess..and various bagels housed in a filthy looking container. Yuck. We travel on the I-75 every year and stay at many budget motels and I have NEVER come across anything like this. Don`t let the nice pictures deceive you......and they don`t show any photos of their ignorant staff!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry for your experience at our property, we will have pool up and running for the 2013 season. we have quaker oats oatmeal now. we were in management transition at the time. if you would like to return please feel free to contact me personally at 859-824-5025, sincerily Jonah Patton
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just off the interstate, have to ring the doorbell for service if the door is locked. Room was clean, the carpet was coming away from the walls. One wires for the light had electrical tape to put it back together. The bed was pulled away from the wall so as to not bend the wires to the lamp. Can hear the interstate from the room but it wasn't bad. The airconditioning works quite well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sunrise Inn Williamstown KY? Share your experiences!