“Blah front desk clerk” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williamsburg
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Blah front desk clerk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed at hundreds of Hampton Inn's across the country. My father and I were on our way home from an emergency trip to the Outter Banks and had just driven 14 hours through a terrible snow storm in the Smokey Mountains. I was shaking and beyond stressed. When I arrived at the front desk to inquire about a room, I felt like Shawn, the front desk clerk, was looking at me like I was crazy. I kept trying to get him to at least say something nice by saying things to him like "Whew, that was a terrible storm in the mountains", or "I'm still shaking after that drive". He would just look at me and made no effort to make me feel better.

I am by no stretch a big baby but I always get great service and am made to feel welcome at any Hampton Inn I stay at. It was almost like I was trying to give this fella every chance to be nice. So I just figured he was having a bad night or that's just his personality.

I went to my room and came back down for a hot coffee. A large rush of travelers started to filter through and check in. He was over the top nice to every single one of them. At that point, I was just annoyed.

The room was great, comfortable, clean and everything you would expect a HI to be. My father had accidentally left his sweatshirt in the lobby while we were getting the coffee the night before and when we inquired at the desk the next morning the woman said that Shawn had not logged a found sweatshirt but she would go look just to make sure. She did find it but.... it was just one more thing that he did to irritate me.

Shawn... it was you, not me. Don't be so blah to your guests.

Room Tip: Good breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am glad that you made it through that storm safely. It was a bad one for sure. I am so sorry that you were mistreated by our front desk team member and thank you for letting me know. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that your fathers sweatshirt was found.
I can promise you that on your next visit to the area you will be treated with full "Hamptonality"
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we wish you a Happy New Year.
Tammy Jo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here unexpectedly during a bad snow storm that prevented me from traveling to my original destination. Many people were getting off the highway for the night due to bad weather. The guy at the front desk was very accommodating considering the large crowd that was developing in the lobby. After the "rush", I even got a phone call in my room to make sure everything was fine. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. It was a very relaxing place to stay after a stressful drive!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Good morning! I glad that you made it here safely. I am pleased to see that you were enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Williamsburg KY. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again when you come to this area.
Thank you and Happy New Year.
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent one night here on our way to Florida. The hotel staff was very friendly and the beds were very comfortable. The duvets were fabulous. I was a little disconcerted when we saw sticky notes on the bed with the comment, "Duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival." I thought they were suppose to be clean! The room was clean except or crumbs along the wall under the windows. The bathroom was immaculate. We had requested a quiet room, which it was until about 8:30 p.m. At that point the people in the room next to us starting yelling and hitting the walls as though they were wrestling. The children were running up and down the halls. When this contined, we finally called the desk at 10:00. It was quiet shortly after that. The walls are thin and you can clearly hear people peaking in the halls. My primary complaint is the fact that there were no tongs available at breakfast with which to serve yourself bagels and pastries. The woman in front of me requested them and was told "we don't use them here". When I asked for tongs, I was told "We don't need them. People just take the one they want." A few minutes later I observed a young woman licking her fingers. She then went over to the bagels, picked one up and then put it down and chose something else . We were out of there pretty quickly and skipped the rest of our breakfasts.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to start off by thanking you for choosing to stay with us, and than apologize for the response of the request for the tongs. We most defianately use tongs, I wish that I knew why they had given you that awful answer but I do not. I would like to thank you for this information and if you could let me know what nights you stayed so I can find out and fix this issue.
Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and I can promise you that on your next visit to the area we will make your stay wonderful.

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Spent the night on our way to Gatlinburg. Convenient to highway, Walmart is across the street if you need anything, the hotel looks really new, high ceilings and modern decor. We had a king room with a pullout sofa, huge bathroom. The bed was so comfortable and the sheets were amazingly soft! We arrived late at night and there was still coffee, tea and cookies waiting for us in the lobby. Breakfast buffet was delicious with a wide variety of choices. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Hotel seemed solid and even the first floor had high ceilings.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Williamsburg. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed you visit and we hope hope to see you on your next trip to the area. Have a great new year.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have stayed in 4 Hampton Inns in the last couple of weeks. We are blue card members. All were easy access from the highway. Only one (Williamsburg, KY) had a microwave and refrigerator. All had great towels and bedding. The covers that are used over the duvets are washed after every guest. Nice. Amenties include shampoo, conditioner, lotion and 2 soaps. Coffee maker. Desk area, flat screen TV. Some had USA TODAY and others didn't. As a reward member, we received bottled water. One gave oreo cookies...the one in Lexington, KY - hot chocolate cookies...awesome. Breakfast at each were amble. All were very clean.

Ate at the Cumberland Inn - Patriot Restaurant. Good

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway or near elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Williamsburg KY. We hope to have you as a guest again on your next trip to the area.
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I picked the Hampton based on traveler reviews and was not disappointed. We got there early after a 9 hour drive and the front desk could not have been more helpful in checking us in and giving us a room. The rooms was large, very clean, and had very comfortable beds. The bathroom was very nice with a great shower and plenty of counter room.

I had forgot a couple essentials and the front desk manager gave me a razor for my husband and a tooth brush. The other things we neglected to bring we walked across the street to Walmart which was very convenient.

Breakfast was delicious. It was hot and cold with wonderful waffles you could make yourself.

All in all the staff was terrific, courteous, and very helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The non smoking in the back of the hotel are quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your trip with your friends!! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you on your next visit to the area. Thank you again!
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great staff, check in, and room. New room design should be pushed to all the other properties. Very good flow, awesome bathroom. Staff was quick and courteous, complimentary breakfast was good, nice surroundings. Quiet, perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tammy Jo C, Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am pleased to see that you folks enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!

Tammy Jo

Been to Hampton Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!