What was more disgusting than the decrepit conditions we stayed in, was the staff reaction, rather lack there of to the conditions they place their guests in. Here is a short run down of our stay.
We arrived late, so there was no other choice than to stay! Lobby/office smelled of mold, I asked the attendant if all the rooms smelled like the lobby, and he was unaware the lobby smelled. Very distinct mold smell.
-Clerk had to find us a heated room. We decided that instead of continuing to look, we would take the unheated room we were originally given. Thank God it was a little warm outside for February. We requested additional blankets since the room was cold, and were told he did not have access to the linens.
- Wall paper was peeling off walls in numerous locations, including right above your head in the bed.
- Light fixture attached to the wall directly above your head, whose mount was failing out of the wall, therefore the light was leaning over your head.
- All fixtures were old and in need of repair.
- Room had not been cleaned in quite a while. My pillow fell behind the mattress, when I pulled it out both sides were covered in dust. Pillow became useless. There were only three small pillows on a king size bed.
-Room was very dark and dank. Even with every light on, I still had to open the curtains to get light into the room in order to get ready the next day.
- I went to the office the next to speak with the manager. A very rude woman in the office told me she was the manager (mind you the entire she spoke to me as the manager, her face never left her hand). I described the conditions of the room. She was un-phased.
-I then asked her a very simple, very pointed question: Have you or the owner ever stayed a night in one of these rooms to see what your guests experience? She rebutted: "I have a home". I said "that is not what I asked you, I asked you if you, as the manager, or the owner ever stayed a night in this hotel?" Once again she rebuts with "I have a home, why would I do that, I don't need to stay here!"
- I explained only one more time to her, that it was so they could experience what their guests do! I then asked her if they had a website, and assured her that due to the room conditions and her attitude I would be giving a negative review of their establishment. Un-Phased!