“Great food, big portions, solid value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Richmond, Virginia
“Great food, big portions, solid value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were visiting Springfield while we did the Bourbon Trail. We stopped here on a Friday night on a locals reccomendation. I was with a party of 4 and we were seated quickly. I ordered the Catfish Dinner with mashed potatotes. Included with the meal was all you could eat salad bar and soup. I got a bown of the chili, which was pretty good. The salad bar had a number of toppings and dressings to choose from all of which looked fresh and tasted good as well. My dinner was several large pieces of fried catfish as well as two hush puppies and a side of cheesy mashed potatoes. I thought the food was great, as did the rest of my party (2 others order catfish, 1 ordered shrimp). I thought the pricing was reasonable based on the salad and soup bar and the amount of food that came with the dinner. The waitress was very attentive and overall I thought the service was great. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.

Visited April 2014

Bay Village, Ohio
“a fun local hangout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The food was average at best. But it was obviously the place where all the locals gather. Lots of fun, despite the mediocre food. Make reservations if over a weekend or holiday.

Visited April 2014
Perryville,ky
“Could be Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Okay the first time I went we had the weekend buffet. Way over priced for what it was. The second time I ordered Catfish it took about an hour to get food and although the fish was good everything else was luke warm. They did give us free desert because of the wait. Some have said the lunch buffet was good too.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Good Service, Horrible Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Went to Mordecai's last year for Valentine's day and many times before but will not go back. They have the buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. The prime rib was over cooked with no flavor, the shrimp was soaked in grease and nasty, the ribs were dried out with no taste and the crab legs were not worth the work.
Very dissappointed in the food. They do not have prime rib on the menu anymore and they had the best prime rib around.
Will not be back

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Versailles, Kentucky
“Good Country Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Enjoyed the good country cooking at this restaurant. In particular, the fried catfish was delicious and not greasy. My friends said the fried chicken was also very good. Rolls were very flavorful. The service was friendly and attentive. We will return.

• Visited February 2014