“Everything a cupcake should be!” 5 of 5 stars

1424 South Highway 27, Suite C, Somerset, KY 42503
606-271-4411
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakery
“Everything a cupcake should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Simply Cupcakes is one of my favorite local businesses to visit in Somerset. I love cupcakes, and I especially love Simply Cupcakes! The staff is very friendly, and always welcomes us with a big smile. They have an amazing variety of flavors, which are all made from scratch, daily! The icing is unique, delicate, and compliments each cupcake perfectly. Not to mention, these are the prettiest cupcakes you will ever see! Some of my favorite flavors are orange creamsicle, strawberry shortcake, and the cookie dough cupcake is also to die for! It makes it even better that the owners put so much hard work, love, and care into their business! If only we had more local businesses like Simply Cupcakes. They always show how grateful they are for their customers by offering discounts and promotions via their facebook page!

Monticello, Kentucky, United States
“Yummy Cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

When I first heard about this little shop I just had to go. I'm glad I did too! The cupcakes are delicious and the owners are very friendly. I have a few favorites and especially the peanut butter frosting! You always get a fresh cupcake and I've yet to leave unhappy. Sometimes I even make a special trip to Somerset just to get a cupcake....or 3 =)

Monticello, Kentucky, United States
“Best cupcakes around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I must say, I love cupcakes, but to have a Simply Cupcake is one of the best. I go almost every Friday to get at least 6 to 12 cupcakes and share them with family and friends. Everyone wants to know where I get them and I always tell them SIMPLY CUPCAKES the best cupcake around....

HOOVER
“Not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Maybe we got an off day, but the buttercream icing on our cupcakes tasted like pure butter. I ate one and had to throw it away. The cake was dry as well. My sister had the red velvet cake and said it was good though. The lady behind the counter was very nice which is why I gave an average instead of lower. Like I said, we may have gotten an off batch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SimplyCupcakes, Owner at Simply Cupcakes of Somerset, KY, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for visiting our quaint little cupcake shop! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your cupcake.Our signature buttercream is Italian meringue buttercream. What's in it you ask? Sweet cream butter, whipped fresh egg whites (we crack and separate every single one), simple sugar (hot melted sugar at 240 degrees), cream of tartar and a touch of vanilla. That's it. Me make it fresh everyday. Most cupcake shops don't make the good stuff. It's labor intensive and not cheap. We think that it's the BEST and many others do too!! It's the real deal!! It's really what sets us apart from other cupcake shops. We like that our frosting is not a real crusty sugar frosting that gets hard after being put on the cupcakes.
We realize that not everyone is going to like our cupcakes, but so many people do and we are thankful! If you are ever in our area again and would like to give us another try please feel free to stop in....ask for me, Tenna, the owner and baker. I would love to talk to you more about your experience at our shop.
“The cupcakes are AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

If you visit Somerset you MUST try these amazing cupcakes. They are made from scratch with simple, fresh ingredients.