“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Squaw Valley, California
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Pleasantly greeted at the front door whenever we walked through; the whole building was maintaned well. The continental breakfast was hot served, good selection, and a very helpful server. Clean and kept, spacious rooms, were quiet despite the large crowds of people there. We would definitely recommend if you're ever in the area and needing a spot!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Beware of booking this hotel. Our room had sticky carpet and a bathroom door that didn't close. The worst part was the WiFi didn't work. Could log on but it kept timing out, no matter which site was used. I had a critical bit of business to do via internet. I went to the front desk with my laptop but it didn't work there either. The front desk is run by what seems like high school students who are not empowered to make decisions. I told her I need to get to sleep but to alert the manager that I would be asking for a discount for nonworking WiFi. The next morning, there was another school girl at the desk and I asked what was decided. She knew nothing of my conversation the night before and further, she stated "there is nothing I can do." So I asked her to get someone (like the manager) who could actually do something and she said he wasn't there. I told her to call him. It was 6 a.m. but I figured if the manager had done nothing the night before, he deserved to be awoken. Again, the answer was "he is not available." I told the clerk that unless they gave me a discount on my bill, I would dispute the entire room charge on my credit card since they basically did not provide the services which I booked. Again, the clerk was helpless so I called my credit card company and disputed the charge in front of her in the lobby so everyone could hear. Still nothing, except an "I don't care. There's nothing I can do." As I needed to get on the road, I gave the front desk my telephone number so the manager could call me. He hasn't called yet! What a pathetic excuse for a Country Inns & Suites. DO NOT STAY HERE. Facility is old (my feet were black from the carpet) and the place is run by young babysitters who care nothing about customer service. A really bad experience.

Room Tip: Room 214 has dirty carpet, bathroom door doesn't close, and you will be awake all night due to t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed here during the National Farm Machinery Show. Short drive from the show to the hotel. New Cattleman's restaurant nearby, easy on and off the I-65 exit, 12 miles south of Louisville. Hotel was nice, no problems, plenty of hot water, good cleanliness, breakfast is above average for hotel continentals, mattresses excellent, pillows OK. Staff freindly and helpful. No complaints other than prices are not discounted/inflated during the farm show.

Room Tip: South side rooms are bigger than the North side rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Stouffville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Nashville, TN for a weekend at the Gaylord. This was a clean and comfortable hotel, although there was some noise from the highway nearby. Good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Nice hotel. Room very clean. Paid $60 booking directly with hotel. Next to freeway, but didn't notice any noise. Hotel can be pricey if there is gun show, flea market, etc., at "convention center" next door. Breakfast good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Recently stayed here and was happy. The room was large and clean. Hotel lobby was warm & inviting. Check-in & out was a breeze. Breakfast had variety with both warm and cold food items. Hotel elevator was a bit noisey. Carpet in room had a small stain. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars rather than 5 was because the wifi had such a weak signal. I couldn't get on-line. Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

I stayed there while travelling on a road trip and it was a beautiful, clean hotel! By the looks and smells of it, it seemed to be a fairly newly-built hotel. It is a little out of the way but it was in a convenient location for what I visited at the time: the Jim Beam distillery and the Knob Creek gun range. It is about 20 minutes from Louisville (more if you want to go downtown) and is a good alternative to the pricier hotels in downtown Louisville, but bear in mind that it is a little bit of a drive if you need to be in downtown Louisville. The location is the best if you want to visit the Louisville metro area but you don't want the hustle and bustle of the big city, as this is a more laid-back town with a population of a little over 8,000. When I stayed, there weren't a whole lot of other people staying, so I got a really good deal for the night. My only complaint is that the toilet in my bathroom was extremely loud when I flushed it, like on an airplane bathroom, although it was working fine.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Country Inn & Suites Louisville South? Share your experiences!