“Nice, but road noise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Nice, but road noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I accompanied my husband who was in the Louisville area for business for 3 days. There was a mega-event in town that week so every hotel was fully booked by the time we tried to make our reservation. We found this place in Shepherdsville, which is only 20 minutes or so south of downtown Louisville.

What a nicely decorated property. The finishes in the rooms are very well done- interesting rectangular tiles on bathroom floor, cool carpet and drapery fabric, sleek sink faucet, neat apple-green accent wall behind bed. The rooms are a bit smaller than most hotels, but it was clean, modern and more than sufficient. The in-room wifi worked very well, too.

There is no fitness center at this property. You are given free access to a local gym that's 1.6 miles away called Hesters. It's on the top floor of a dumpy warehouse- not very nice inside or out. However it gets the job done is you're just looking to burn some calories on a treadmill or elliptical machine. Looks like Hesters is getting a brand new building very close to the hotel (under construction now and probably won't open until the end of 2013. ) If they allow hotel guests free access there, it will be heavenly.

During the winter months, their indoor water park is only open on weekends and the rate is MUCH higher . During weekdays, when the park is closed, you can get a "normal" rate. I believe they open daily sometime around the end of March through mid-April for spring break.

The only complaint we have is that the street noise is VERY NOTICEABLE in rooms on the side of the hotel adjacent to the road. Our room was #305, so try to request a room with an even number so that you are on the quieter side of the building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I usually do not comment on sites, but have fond memories of my son's birthday that we spent at this hotel and would like to recommend it it to others. Several comments on here pertain to the pirate cafe serving beer and that they do not want their children to have to walk past a place that sells beer to go inside the waterpark...seriously? Pizza places serve beer, so do grocery stores. I did not see any drunkin pirates that would have traumatized my kids...just good clean fun and and enjoyment. When the water felt too cold, it is a pool right? we just went and warmed up the the beautiful sauna. Great breakfast, clean rooms, friendly staff, great price! Look forward to another visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Southern Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our recent stay at Comfort Inn Pirate's Bay Indoor Water Park proved to be interesting. First, the customer service was VERY GOOD. The staff had a positive attitude, were helpful and displayed a friendly smile. The water park was AVERAGE for an indoor water park. It was geared mostly for kids 12 and under with the exception of the hot tub for those over age 16 (funny...a toddler was floating around when I first arrived at the hot tub!). Anyway, the indoor water park is really the only reason most people, including myself, stay at this property because the actual hotel is POOR. The card key system simply does not work. We had to swap keys multiple times and were locked out due to faulty keys more than once. The hotel ran out of hot water during our stay (that was a first for me). The rooms need a deep cleaning. Our bed had a dirty/stained comforter and my son's bed had chips or food of some kind under the mattress. The hallways, common areas and elevator needed vacuumed. Also, the breakfast bar needs some improved traffic flow during busy times. The staff, while helpful, needed to focus on restocking and cleaning the bar as quickly as possible during busy times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shepherdsville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I live in the area and purchased 2 tickets at an auction for day passes to the water park.
After arriving with my daughter and her friend, they would not allow me inside to watch the girls unless I purchased a ticket for myself. I explained I was not staying there and did not have a swimsuit with me. There was only five other people in the water park,
and it is very small, it would have been easy for the staff to notice if I was actually swimming and I explained this to the manager. The female manager explained to me, in a condescending manner, that I should have been made aware of the policy when I purchased the tickets and that she could not be flexible. I begrudgingly paid to enter but only because I had two excited little girls. Once inside I was even more disappointed to find that there are no chairs to sit at, only a long bench that runs down one wall of the park. The park is small and dark, I would not return again even if I had not had the negative experience with paying to "not swim".

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Angel F, Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I would first like to extend my apologies if you felt my attempt to explain our regulations were condescending. That was not my intention. As you can imagine with a facility like ours there are many rules and regulations that we must follow not only for the safety but also the comfort of our visitors.

Due to the size of our facility we are limited to the number of passes that may be distributed in a day. This includes complimentary passes, day passes and arriving hotel guests. This can be a difficult judgment call not always knowing how intense the crowd may or may not become. At the time of your arrival we anticipated a sell out just as we had just experienced the day before. Many parents choose to not swim and only chaperone their children. This can take up many passes through a day and therefore we must charge for all who enter into the actual water park.

As for the seating, we do offer chair seating in the alcove area within the water park along with the benches on both sides of the facility. We also have the additional table seating in the cafe for all visitors.

We do appreciate you supporting the not for profit you purchased the tickets from. We try to support as many local organizations as possible. I am also sorry that you did not receive the letter of explanation with your prize. We will try to make sure that all future organizations understand the importance of this letter being presented with the tickets.

I would like to speak to you further if you would like to contact me. We hope you will give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A while back I threw a birthday party there for my daughter, the kids sure had fun because, well they're kids. As for us adults not so much; yes it was a wonderful feeling inside seeing your kids playing and enjoying themselves but the water was quit cold, and when we had came back i found out that the waterpark had gave my daughter, me and my husband ringworm. Also few of the party guests. I did enjoy the staff; however the waterpark should be more clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I am so very glad that your family and friends enjoyed the water park and that your party was a success. I am however very concerned that you and your family have contracted ringworm. We take the health and wellbeing of all of guests very seriously and this is why we regularly educate ourselves on pool maintenance and work closely with our local and state health departments.

According to medical research ringworm cannot be transmitted in chlorinated pool water. Ringworm is contracted by direct contact with the bacteria. This can be from human to human and also animal to human physical contact.

We hope your family is better and that you can uncover the source.

We also hope you will return for a future visit. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to talk about this further.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Right off the highway - this inn was an easy place to stay. Front desk was welcoming. Room was average, but the breakfast buffet was wonderful and included in the price. Good deal, immaculate kitchen and dining area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dover, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was my first stay at this Comfort Inn. I'll be back again. I didn't care that the Pirates Bay water park was closed as this was a business trip and I had no intention of using it. The room was neat clean and well appointed. It had a refrigerator and microwave. I don't know what it was maybe the lighting, but I felt very comfy there. It was a king room. The desk chair was inviting so I could do my work at the desk also the room chair was very comfortable and had an ottoman. So you could really kick back and relax. I thought it was excellent for a solo traveler. One drawback: there is no exercise room. Restaurants in the area consisted of Cracker Barrel, Burger King, McD's and Tumble Weed. The hotel is 100% smoke free. Which I like. I stayed there 2 days. I liked it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Angel F, Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our Comfort Inn wants every guest to leave satisfied whether they are here for business or for fun. It is always important to get feedback from our guest so that we can work even harder to make sure every guests leaves happy. I am sorry that we don't have a fitness center on property. However for your future stays please note we have made an agreement with a full service fitness facility just a mile and half from the hotel. All guests may use the facility complimentary. I hope this will make your next stay even better.

Sincerely
Angel Frizzell

Been to Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South? Share your experiences!