“Good, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Shelbyville
Lincoln, Missouri, United States
“Good, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was the second time I have eaten at the Cattleman's. The first time the food was great (the rolls still are) and the service was very good. This last time, I ordered the steak and it was overpowered by the pepper seasoning. My husband likes his steak seasoned this way and was pleased with his. The service tended to be a little slow and not as friendly as it was during my first visit, but they were a lot busier too. We did not have to wait for a seat, even though it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I will go back, but I doubt I'll order the steak again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greetham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous steaks and burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a geat meal! Simple steaks and burgers and a salad bar, like so many places in America, but so well done that it stood out. Four of us had a delicious lunch which we really enjoyed and I would recommend this roadhouse to everyone despite its rather unpromising location.

Visited November 2012
Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Yes it is a sit down resturant, BUT the service is awful!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We tried again, have not been back to this establishment since Valentines, hoped for a better evening, were very disappointed, AGAIN. The food is alright, can be pricey with smaller portions, BUT salad bar is wonderful. So we thought we would try again, big mistake, will not go back, service is the pits!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bill H, Owner at Cattleman's Roadhouse, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thanks for writing about your experience at Cattlemans Roadhouse Shelbyville. I am glad you liked our Signature Salad Bar, but am upset you were so unhappy with the service. We pride ourselves on great food and service. We try to be better than other casual steakhouses, by serving Creekstone Angus Beef, having a great salad bar, and friendly efficient service. I am sorry we failed on your visit, and would like to make it right. Please contact me at Cattleman's Shelbyville 502-647-5959.

Thanks,

Bill Hisle,

Owner

Cattlemans Roadhouse
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Kinda expensive. Salad bar very fresh. Moonshine chicken nothing special, tasted like BBQ grilled chicken. Service not good. The waitress didn't tell us the special... I over heard another waitress telling another costumer the special, gave us the wrong drinks, never offered more bread. Fried pickles only half full.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice compliment to the Ramada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The location was perfectly positioned next to the Ramada I was staying at. Both properties complimented each other very nicely as both were very clean, well ran, and basically new constructions. The food was really good and the sirloin lunch special was always a weekly favorite. Thanks for such great service!

Visited June 2012