“Still great after all these years” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Louisville, Kentucky
“Still great after all these years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I have been going to Del Frisco's for the last 30 years or so. We've come to know the owner and the staff. The food is always the best. The filet, potato au gratin and the mushrooms are to die for. The service is top notch. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Still good after many years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Dinner tonight at Del Frisco's was a wonderful experience! We had a great glass of wine and enjoyed escargot as our appetizer! We both had salad and the Filet Steak with baked potato and mushrooms. Everything was timely, hot and excellent, prepared to our liking! Service was also excellent, our waiter has been at Del Frisco'c for over 18 years and very knowledgeable and pleasant which provided us an excellent evening and a fine meal. But before you go, note it is expensive but I believe it is worth it! Been in Saint Matthews, at the same location for many years. There are many steak houses in Louisville, but this is an old dependable establishment for a fine dining experience!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great spinach dish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went here with a bunch of friends, and the service wasn't the best, but the food made up for it. Their spinach funque is to die for!! Soo good- great steaks too.

Visited June 2012
Salem, VA
“Mad Men”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Perhaps it's because we can be nostalgic that we had such a great time, but we did. We were fortunate to be greeted by Audery, the owner, you would think she had invited you to dinner at her home, a real character. My martini was icey and dry. I ordered the kabob and when it arrived you could not see the plate. The vegetables were not charred as I would have liked, but the beef was perfect, so tender and cooked to perfection, as was the shrimp. Ample portions, and I took about 1/2 home. We shared an order of Green Phunque, good. The wait staff is friendly and accomodating, the atmosphere and decor 1950's. I can't coment on the value as our son took us as his guest, but I'm sure it's pricey. I enjoyed myself here more Jeff Ruby's. Will I go back, yes. Will you like it, I'm not sure. Only Don and Roger were missing from this fun night.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have frequented this restuarant for many years, and have generally been satisfied, but last night took the cake. My wife and I were celebrating my 75th birthday. Here is a list of the abysmal experience:
--Waiter we had requested was not available. They assigned him to a private party. Didn't inform us ahead of time, or we wouldn't have made the reservation.
--Prime Rib combo was ordered "medium rare"--delivered well-done. Replacement was just as bad.
--Lobster tail was supposed to be 8-10 ounces. Couldn't have been more than 4. You aren't supposed to even harvest lobster with tails that small!
--Baked potato was so cold it wouldn't even melt the butter I put on it.
--Our waiter fine, though he was frustrated--I could tell.
The real issue is--don't go there when they are having a "party." The place makes everyone else secondary. We won't be going back. Louisville has many fine steak houses, abd Del Frisco's used to be one. No more.

Stu Sampson