“Just like my mother made!” 4 of 5 stars

(902) 762-1220
Website
Improve this listing
Boston
“Just like my mother made!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This restaurant is worth the drive. I had the smoked haddock dinner, and Te first bite made me smile because it brought back such pleasant memories of one of my favorite meals when I was a kid. The smoked haddock (finnan haddie) is impossible to find in Boston. The fish came with mashed potatoes and carrots. I enjoyed it so much, I drove the 45 miles to get it again before returning to the US.

This is not a fine dining restaurant, but the place is spotless, and the waitresses are wonderful. There's. great view of the wharf and the very large fishing fleet. If you want another treat, try the lobster pouting. Fabulous!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sudbury, Canada
“A so-so eatery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The view of the wharf is wonderful, and this is a place that is frequented by local residents. The pan-fried haddock with broccoli salad was good but the clams left a LOT to be desired. I wouldn't recommend them. The deserts were homemade and although we didn't have any, they did look very good.

Visited August 2013
Knoxville, TN
“Great experience, fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant after getting a recommendation from a local lobster fisherman at the Acadian Museum. We had neither eaten a whole lobster before. The price was amazing (on special, I think); 14.99 CA for a steamed lobster. (My husband heard that this was better than boiling.) Our waitress was very helpful, and patiently gave us instructions with our lobster. We both opted for the salad instead of sides. He got the Caesar, and I got the broccoli salad, which was delicious. The lobster was great, very tender. We were full after our meal so got 2 desserts to go. The coconut pie was different than we are used to (so not as good to us), but the bread pudding was fantastic. One thing we really liked was that this restaurant is obviously popular among locals, and not touristy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg
“Yummy Breakfast and amazing Lobster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We always have fabulous breakfasts, beautifully served and yummy for an amazing price.
Also Lobster suppers are fabulous and price is great. Daily specials are good, always full of locals.
Not to be missed restaurant!
Oh bread pudding to die for too!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shelburne, Canada
“Freshly prepared food, including lobster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my husband's and my third outing to Dennis Point, this time with another couple who are regulars. Originally we had planned to order the boiled lobster dinner, but since we'd just been to the lobster boil in Yarmouth's Seafest, we decided to try other options. I had the yummy seafood lasagna, hubby and one friend had the pan-fried (in garlic butter) halibut, and our other friend had the lobster roll (which I had enjoyed previously). We were all pleased with our food, and we didn't feel the least bit disappointed that we didn't order lobster ... this time around!

• Visited July 2013