“Spacious, clean, excellent breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1099 Barnes Mill Road, Richmond, KY 40475   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Manchester, Kentucky
“Spacious, clean, excellent breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We live app. 3 hours from Lexington and had business to do there and wanted to go up the night before. Because of state high school basketball tournament, hotels in Lexington were full (except for smoking rooms, yuck). So we looked in Richmond, just 20 miles south, and we have to pass through there on our way to Lexington, so no big deal. I liked that the room and bathroom were quite large--more elbow room for our family of 4. The beds were not comfortable, but the linens were clean and I liked that the bedspread was more like a down duvet. Breakfast had many options including hot cheese omelets and ham, bagels, muffins, waffles, fruit and a wide variety of condiments for everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate you staying with us on your trip to Lexington.

Your kind words are most appreciated, and please know that your concerns are given priority as well. We want every guest satisfied!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nicholasville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have always enjoyed our stays at Hampton Inn, but this Hampton will cause us to ask to see the room before we stay at another. The lobby and elevator areas had small pieces of paper and filth along the baseboards and in the corners (my husband noticed this!). The Rugs in the elevator area and elevator were wadded. Because I use a walker with wheels, my husband had to stop the luggage cart and fix the rugs so I could walk and so that I could get on the elevator. Then in our room, the same filth was along the baseboards and in the corners, our bed looked like someone had slept in it, the pillows were flat, and the heat was so bad we tried to use the a/c but nothing worked. We couldn't turn the heat down or get the a/c to work. We stayed one night. The next morning my husband went to get us breakfast and nothing was left but mini muffins. Honeslty we were very disappointed and will not stay at this Hampton Inn again. We checked out that morning, although we had reserved two nights, and moved to the Holiday Inn Suites for our second nights stay in Richmond, KY.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and facilities before accepting the room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel was a good stay. The bed linens had to be exchanged, but that was handled quickely. The stay was good the room temperature was nicely controled. Breakfast was average for a hamtopn inn. The location was the main attraction for this hotel. Over all this was a good hotel to stay one night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay with us.

We appreciate your kind comments, and also want you to know that we appreciate all your concerns as well. Your input helps out a lot and we truly appreciate it as it helps us improve at our location.
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The rooms are nice but could use some TLC. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare but the cheese omelets were rubbery. Breakfast area was spacious and well laid out. Location is not great if you want to walk to somewhere decent for dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Your opinions matter, and please be assured to know that they are given priority because you are why we're her!

Thank you so much for your stay!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I wasn't too impressed when I first pulled up to the hotel & in fact was kind of worried. It appears to be an older property, but has had some updates inside. I was given the first room off the lobby, which I thought would be loud. I could hear people standing outside the front door through my window, but after they left I didn't have any other issues.

The furniture in the room appeared to be somewhat updated, but the carpet & bathroom had not. The hair dryer provided did not work very well - bring your own!

They offer free wi-fi (at least to Hilton Honors members), but it is slow and not 100% reliable. I had trouble streaming online videos.

My first morning, I received a text message with a tornado warning for the area. I am from the NW, where we don't get tornadoes, so this was a little unnerving. I turned on the TV and kept looking in the hallway to see if there was any commotion, but there wasn't. Nobody from the hotel staff came around warning people or instructing us to take shelter. Now, I don't know how hotels usually handle, but this Hampton Inn did nothing.

They offer a continental breakfast, but it's nothing fancy. Oatmeal, cold cereal, juices, pastries, fruit, make your own waffles and something warm to top bagels, which didn't look too appetizing.

I was able to get a late checkout and an additional 2 hours in my room, which was great. The front desk staff was able to extend an hour, but had to get manager's approval to extend an additional hour.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our property to be conveniently located, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I truly apologize if you found our property to be somewhat dated and that our internet connection was not completely reliable. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this in mind, I do thank you for bringing this to my attention and assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Morrow, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here on our way to Florida. Expected to spend one night, but due to an ice storm, we were forced to spend a second night. The staff was very helpful in extending our stay. Beds were very comfortable and I love the fact that the duvet is laundered between guests. However, the second morning at about 7:00am, the toilet decided to overflow. Not just a little, but a virtual flood before I could turn of the valve. The front desk did send someone to clean it up, but it did take two phone calls to get that accomplished. I know it was a freak thing, but it didn't make our second day start out very good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing us while traveling! We apologize for the freak-incident involving the overflow. We are "light" in the number of staff we have at 7 am, but our employees are always more than willing to help in any situation.
Pendleton, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Extremely nice staff, very clean, great breakfast -- I stop here because it's midway between Indiana and South Carolina. i can count on the room being very clean, good pillows, and an overall restful experience. It is not glamorous, but as a solo traveler, it will continue to be my choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind words. We do hope you stop again, as you will then be able to see the upgrading we are currently in the process of!

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!