“ATTENTION, BUGGED OUT!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Kentucky
“ATTENTION, BUGGED OUT!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Disgusting doesn't even begin to define the facility. My boyfriend and I attempted to stay here on Friday the 24th of April 2015. Despite the fact that it looked like an old building on the outside and didn't look like the upkeep of the outside had been maintained very well. We decided to give it a try. Thinking that some old buildings look very rough on they outside. And turn out to be a define beauty on the inside. Y ou know they old saying, "diamond in a rutt,"well were we sadly mistaken.
As we approached our room we had to swipe our key card several times to even enter our room. We then entered our room and realized we just paid 142.00 for a straight up ROACH MOTEL. The room was very dirty. With outdated furniture. And a TV from the 90's. I began to look around and what I saw was undeniably the poorest condition of a facility I have ever stepped foot in. Old yellow wall paper coming off the walls, dirty floors to the point I didn't walk around barefoot or even with socks on I kept my shoes on. Cobb webs in all the corners and dried blood stains on the wall. Next to my bed we didn't even take our clothes out of the suitcase we just laid it on the dresser next to the TV and lamp that didn't even function. We had only been there thirty minutes and left to get food. When we returned we tried to settle in and connected to the hotels wifi that kicked you off every 5 min not over exagerating either. My boyfriend got out of bed to get our food we had bought.(even though in boxes we put everything in fridge because it was so nasty we didn't want anything left out) now need to remind you we had the lights on and what we saw to our dismay a cluster of roaches, we called front desk and as he picked up the phone it came detached from wall. Told guy to come to our room as we waited for 20 min for him to attend to us we packed everything to the car. He still had not shown I walked down there and this was the most observed man I ever met. He reluctantly followed me to my room, as he entered the roaches were there plus more we both took pictures. There were 11 roaches on one wall.. I looked behind the television where our bags had set and there were 7 on the TV cord alone. So that's right 18 roaches in a our room. All the man could say was I don't have any other rooms available. At this point we had stated that we were turning this into the health department cause roaches spread diseases and his lack of concern seemed very unsettling to me. He then got hostile to the point where my boyfriend had to remind him that we were in fact a customer and a paying one at that. We asked for our money back and he said he had to Wait and get ahold of a manager. Need to say we paid cash and had not been there more than two hours including the time we was not in our room, as we waited which now had been almost an hour he was waiting on another guy who wanted an iron and iron board that had been down there longer than us he was like this is ridiculous all I want is a board and iron the man said yeah I had to clean the dust and dirt off the board. We were still waiting and the guy looked at us and said he hasn't got ahold of anyone yet, and he didn't have the money we paid him as he was talking to the mng on the phone the man was trying to say we had been there for two days and only paid 126. My boyfriend said no I have the receipt in my pocket. After waiting close to an hour and a half we finally got our money left and didn't look back. I will be turning this in. Very unsanitary and rude help, I never wrote a review but as a person I feel the need to warn others, so unless you don't mind sharing a room with disease spreading roaches. Do not stay..

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

The desk clerk was terse and curt....absolutely not friendly. I asked for some extra coffee packets, which he gave me 2. I then asked for some extra sugar as well, but was told that he had no sugar to give me...????
The room, in general, was just a bunch of mishap. Dirty, lamp shades on all lamps were different shapes and sizes, and were bent and broken up, the swingbar lock was NOT functional, as half of it was missing. I was on the 2nd floor, and the hand rail up the stairs was VERY loose...
Their "continental" breakfast was a joke....certainly not worthy of this continent. Cold cereal, some fruit, maybe 5-6 containers of yogurt, bread/toaster, and pre-made oatmeal. No eggs, no breakfast meat, no waffle maker, no pancake maker. But interestingly....they did seem to have sugar packets for the coffee.
Not likely that I'll ever be thru Richmond again....but this experience will definitely make me think twice about staying at a Days Inn anywhere.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Rockford, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

This was a very old building. Door did not fit tight. We had to put something against the door to keep the cold out. Furnace very old and hard to keep room warm. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Irvine, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

When I arrived at the motel, it was really clean on the outside. The lobby area was kept in a nice and neat orderly fashion. The Front Desk Clerk was very friendly and knowledgeable about the motel and its surroundings. Was greeted in a friendly manner. Checked in in a fast time with no time delay. My room was nice, neat and well cleaned. Breakfast was fine and a good way to get the day started. Checkout the next morning was fast and no delays. Would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay and sleep, the rates are very comparable to other places that i have stayed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!