“Stay away from the Days Inn in Richmond Kentucky!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Richmond
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2109 Belmont Dr., Richmond, KY 40475   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Mills River, North Carolina, United States
“Stay away from the Days Inn in Richmond Kentucky!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

On May 17 2012 I arrived at the Days Inn in Richmond with a co-worker, Scott Davis. There was a large group of us arriving for a professional conference at the University. We were both checking in, separate rooms. The lady at the front desk ( I would guess the manager, who’s business card I have attached) insisted repeatedly I take a room with a queen size bed as my co-worker had reserved a room that way and she could keep our rooms close together. I had reserved a room with 2 doubles as I wanted the microwave and fridge. I finally said okay. We were both tired after having ridden 300 miles on our motorcycles in the heat. We did make it quite clear that although we were traveling together we were not a couple. She made me feel quite dirty having even to make that point. I really didn’t care if his room was anywhere near mine. We accepted our keys and drove to the back of the building. Imagine my disappointment/anger at finding the pool was empty and dirty. The website shows a full pool open with water. Part of my plans was to take one day off and just relax. I had taken a day off earlier from work to spend the day by the pool reading. Then my traveling companion opened his room and proceeded to unpack his motorcycle into his room. When I opened the door to my room it was disgusting! The room hadn’t been made up. I promptly closed the door and headed back to the front desk. The front desk clerk was in discussion with 2 of our other group that she couldn’t get their reservation right. I had to wait until she finished, about 15 minutes and explained the problem. So she solved the “problem” by as she claimed upgrading us and moving both my co-worker and my rooms. I had to explain to Mr. Davis that she was moving both our rooms and he had to move all his stuff. She was not upgrading me as she gave me the room with the double beds I had reserved in the first place. And there was no reason at all to move Mr. Davis. He was fine where he was in the first place as he had the kind of room he had reserved. The room was dark, smelled moldy and the air conditioning unit was extremely loud going on and off all night long, waking me up. The towels were very gray, dingy and rough. There was mold on the shower walls and shower curtain. Also the safe would not work and I had to bring my laptop with me every time I left the motel.

Friday, after a disgusting breakfast of stale Raisin Bran and something referred to as orange juice but was actually a watered down Tang beverage I had no option but to join my friends on a day long motorcycle ride. I had not planned on doing any traveling that day as I had planned on relaxing by the pool. I certainly didn’t want to sit all day long in this smelly motel room. After a very exhausting day I arrived back to the motel to be locked out. The key card would not work. So another visit to the front desk had to be made. This time the manager lady accompanied me to make sure the door would unlock. Saturday and Sunday mornings my friends and I ate breakfast across the street at a local restaurant which was an expense not budgeted. The motel advertised a breakfast bar which we all planned on eating. Upon packing my luggage on Sunday morning I noticed 2 cockroaches in the corner. This was the final straw! I was completely disgusted!!
I wrote letters to Corporate and the hotel and never got any response. They don't care about the customer!!!

Room Tip: Stay away!! Find another hotel!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bar Harbor, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel for two main reasons: The first, it is not cleanly and the rooms need updating. The second is (and more of a recommendation if you are traveling alone-as I was) that the atmosphere does not feel safe.

My room was a simple double bed, very small, fairly grungy, and in need of updating. The bathroom was actually the cleanest part of the room-though the towels had light stains on them. The door that lead outside had a very large (2 or more inches) gap between it and the floor, which made the room very drafty and cold at night.
As for safety, I do not recommend staying at this hotel alone. I felt very uneasy during my stay as a majority of the rooms were rented by a construction company (front desk clerk told me that they rent rooms to companies like this a lot). It made it feel much more like a fraternity house rather than a hotel (they might be lovely guys-but still made me uneasy).

The staff was pleasant, especially the lovely lady who checked me in. Breakfast is very very simple, and small. Overall, I would not stay here again, for the above reasons.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The room that we reserved for a wedding we were in town for was actually rated on Travelocity a a 2 star hotel accommodations. Completely off the mark. The room was hardly big enough for 2 people to turn around in (we reserved a queen bed). But the most horrible was that, even after pulling off the mattress pad and checking for bed bugs and other unsavory inhabitants, I still contracted head lice from the bedding :( Do NOT stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ft Mitchell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel is filthy! The rooms need updated! We stayed there with our kids and I would NEVER stay there again!!!! The floor had not been vacuumed in weeks and there was something moldy in the refrigerator. The only positive is the staff was nice.

Room Tip: I dont know who wrote these previous reviews but this is NOT a good place to stay. You could see out...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This was a average hotel, clean, good location and a great price. Good breakfast with biscuits and gravey and waffles and of course muffins, donuts and cereal. Quite.

Room Tip: The check in lady said the upstairs rooms were quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Welland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed at this motel in feb 2011 was ok for 1 night. The bed and bedding were clean.
Had a good night sleep. Make sure you check out the room first, at any motel.
Make sure to pick up coupon books at rest stops.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ypsilanti
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I was travelling south on I-75 and needed a hotel room for the night. There were several choices at this exit, but I chose the Days Inn. The non-smoking room had a slight smell, but I only noticed it as I entered and exited the room. The air-conditioning was great. The bed and bedding were comfy. It had a nice TV. The room had a fridge and microwave. Breakfast and wifi were included in the rate, but the wifi worked very poorly, and the breakfast was average (waffles, toast, muffins). A Wendy's, Dairy Queen, and Big Boy were within a block of the hotel, so I just walked to eat.

Room Tip: Three restaurants within walking distance.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!