“Needs updating” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Needs updating”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

We stayed one night at this hotel because the Lexington, KY, LaQuinta was full. The rooms were dingy. We questioned if the room was properly cleaned because the pillows were out on top of the bedspread (instead of being placed under the bedspread) and the toilet paper roll was empty. (There were two new rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom.) The walls were thin and noises from other rooms and the hall could be heard. The front desk does not answer the phone until you call again and again and let it ring at least 20 to 30 times. (It eventually switched over to a fax line, so we kept calling back.) Breakfast in the morning was packed and there was no room to sit. Hotel staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable. The shower was a joke because the tub insert is so high on the bottom that the shower head was at my neck height, and I am only 5' 7". My husband, who is 6' 5" felt like he was doing the limbo the entire time he was in the shower.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — did not seem clean
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

The rooms were clean. They have a massive amount of cable channels. The staff was very friendly. There was a ton of selection at the morning breakfast...biscuits & gravy, waffles, danishes, cereal, eggs, etc. I will definately be staying there again when I am in town.

Stayed May 2008
Pinckney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2008

Just a great place to stay. Very clean comfortable rooms with all the bells and whistles. From the time you check in and until you check out, you will be glad you stayed here.
The day my wife and I checked in, there was fresh cookies, coffee and fruit in the lobby for the taking. The room had first class furniture and everything was CLEAN.,CLEAN,CLEAN.....We were treated like someone special...Great Place.....Great price.....Safe place to stay...

• Liked — Everything..Staff..Location...Room...Price..
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

My husband, daughter and family were traveling and decided to stay at this location because of the outdoor pool.

The worst thing was the odor when you walked into the lobby...smelled like cats lived there.

The rooms were ok, the bathroom was very small.

The positive thing was the continental breakfast...a good selection of items.

• Liked — Continental breakfast
  • Disliked — size of rooms and smell in lobby
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hoffman Estates, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

Unlike previous reviews, we had a very positive experience at this hotel. We had asked to have our rooms placed together near my mother, and asked for a roll-away if possible. when we arrived, we were waited on quickly and with a friendly manner. the desk clerk wanted us to let him know right away if we had any problems with our room arrangements. He also made sure we had our roll away at no extra charge. The hotel is not in great shape, but it seems that there are upgrades being made to made it an average hotel. You cannot expect a whole lot for $51.00, but we were very happy with the facilities and the continental breakfast. The pool could use a face lift, but that was the only issue and a small one at that.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

Wow, I never thought I would need to investigate or check reviews for a La Quinta, but I wish I had read the posts before I stayed here.
When we arrived, the desk clerk was too busy eating a sandwich to help us out. Once we received our key, we discovered we would be on the 2nd floor with no elevator. The stairs are STEEP.
Since the hotel does not provide a crib, we had to bring our own. We were juggling a baby, our bags and a portable crib. The clerk just looked at us, didn't even attempt to hold a door open for us. That's just courtesy for anyone. Finally I asked to change our room to the 1st floor to avoid lugging our stuff up the stairs. The clerk was able to do this quickly.
We were given the world's DIRTIEST room. This was obviously the PARTY room with beer stains on the walls and mold on the ceiling. Since we were just passing through staying one night we dealt with it. The next morning, an older woman working at the hotel was standing outside talking to another employee, complaining, complaining, complaining about anything and everything about her job. She set up the breakfast and complained the whole time. When I was checking out she was complaining that she has to do EVERYTHING around there. She complains so much, but can't make eye contact with anyone. I bit my tongue, but almost said "SHUT UP LADY, I DON'T CARE!"

We did encounter one very friendly woman, I believe she was a maid. She stopped and chatted with us and was very friendly.

But on our way out, once again the employees just stood there watching us struggle with the baby, our luggage, the crib and the door. They could care less. They just complain the whole time they are there. If the employees hate the hotel, I can't imagine a traveler enjoying the stay. I wish I had taken photos to post.

• Stayed May 2006
atlanta georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

i stayed here on apr 28th on my way from atlanta to cincinnati. stayed in room 205 this place gets a good rating on all of the discount websites. surely no one from any of those sites has actually stayed here. if this a a two star hotel, i'd hate to see a one star. the bed was absolutely the worst bed i've ever tried to sleep on. the box springs sagged so much that if you laid down, your fet were higher than your head. even turning the mattress around didn't help. we ended up sleeping at the end of the bed with our feet up against the headboard. and if you laid near the edge, you would roll off. the only good thing i will say about this place was the bathroom appeared to be clean and the shower head and drain worked. of course you expect them to work, but given the bed, i was surprised they worked as well as they did.
as for the continental breakfast, the one banana and two dried up danish i saw didn't make for a very good appetite.
all in all, i would not recommend this place for anyone

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!