“A Worthwhile Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Clay City, Kentucky
“A Worthwhile Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family and I have relocated to the Winchester/Richmond area and have been staying here at the La Quinta Inn in Richmond, KY for almost two months while waiting for the closing on our home. (We have had our dog and cat with us in the hotel as well which has been a big plus of our stay since not many hotels allow that at the VERY reasonable price that this hotel charged us.) We have been so pleased and grateful for the service provided to us by manager Ryan and his entire staff! Ryan (and his staff) have gone to great lengths to ensure that we have been comfortable. For a hotel of this size they provide a very nice breakfast every morning and prompt service of room care/cleaning if you require that. Because we had our pets with us, it was important that we had a place to walk our labrador retriever. At the time of our stay, there are two large empty lots with grass, shrubbery and weeds which our dog loved to play in, not to mention a nice dog park a few miles away at Lake Reba. Also, we felt safe here as the Richmond Police Department was in our same block. Our fifteen year old daughter loved the outdoor pool, which was checked daily for cleanliness and properly maintained. The maintenence staff came quickly if we needed something looked at. We were asked multiple times during our stay if we were comfortable and we were to let them know immediately if we needed anything. There were a couple of times where we could not connect to the internet but the issues were quickly ironed out. They have just placed new, comfortable mattresses in all the rooms. There are nice, flat screen televisions. There is not a washer/dryer on the premises but at the next exit south on I-75 there is a new, very clean and attended laundromat. The grounds here are kept nice although some people with pets did not clean up after them which was annoying. I can't say enough how grateful we were that Ryan and his whole staff made us feel welcome and valued while we were here and I would DEFINITELY recommend that anyone (especially those that travel with animals or ones that need an extended stay) choose to stay with the La Quinta Inn here in Richmond. This was the second time my family and I needed to stay in a hotel for an extended time (more than a month). The La Quinta Inn in Richmond exceeded our expectations and I cannot thank them enough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I found this hotel to be most comfortable and relaxing. The service, the bed, room/bath cleanliness, the check-in and out all was great ! I was most satisfied with La Quinta and will be looking for more of them in the future. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Internet did not work,gave no componsaition for lack of it,shower curtain was very musty smelling,carpet needed cleaning(bare feet got black) front desk personnal seemed uncaring-would not stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed for a week. Room was clean and kept clean. Friendly and very helpful staff.
It was more than what was expected for the price.
If I go back to Richmond, Kentucky, I will definitely will check into staying there again.
If safety is a concern, I would like to mention that the police station is right next door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is right off I-75. We got a coupon from the Kentucky welcome center - $47 for one night. It is an older property, but clean. Buffet breakfast was average. Good for an inexpensive, quick stop.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The bathroom....huge fluffy towels and awesome shower head. Took a few minutes to figure out how it worked. Housekeeping does need to pay attention to the corners in the bathroom as there was some crud there.

We were able to use a coupon in a travel brochure which saved us a bit. Our dog was free, nice. We had a good nights sleep. Staff was friendly and professional. I locked myself out of the room and for some reason, my hubby did not hear me knocking...and strangely, the dog ignored me too! I then had a panic moment thinking I was knocking at the wrong door...so I asked the desk clerk which room I was in and he confirmed I was knocking at the right door. Standing nearby, a maid immediately said she would let me into the room, which she did with a smile.

Breakfast was the typical yogurt/bagel/cereal and waffle maker. Nothing special but the coffee was great! We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!