“Sweet little side trip for lunch.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 107 restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
North Augusta, South Carolina, United States
“Sweet little side trip for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

On our way to Lexington and needed a place to stop for lunch. Saw the sign on I-75 and decided to take a chance. We're really glad we did. The drive out to the winery was very pretty and the place was easy to find. We tasted 5 different wines along with our lunch. Lunch was our first time having a thing called Kentucky Hot Brown. We really liked it even though it was a little too cheesy for our taste. The service was slow and that's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Ohio, Illinois
“november 2013 girlfriend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Awesome place to drop in for wine tasting and lunch ! Happened up onto this place just for fun and how relaxing ! Great appetizers and light fare for lunch ... would go back anytime, great personal attention to wine tasting, great presentation a d the owner makes his rounds to welcome one !

• Visited November 2013
Milford, Ohio
“Wine Tasting at it's Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Coming home from a family weekend trip we decided to take a little side trip to this winery for lunch. The place and people were very nice so we stayed for lunch and did some wine tasting. The food was very good and they had some very good wines. Our group bought four different bottles of wine to take home. You can sit either inside or outside. The owner took us on a tour and we learned alot about his wine making and family farm life. The place sits in beautiful farm country. I highly recommend this winery for a relaqxing good time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very Cute Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I love going here and hanging out, drinking wine with the girls. The price of the wine is a little high but it's worth it! And the tour of the winery in great as well! The owner took us on a tour and taught us a lot about what they did to make such a great wine!

• Visited June 2013
Venice, Florida
“Off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hidden jewel is 5 miles off the the interstate in Richmond back in some of the most beautiful farm country that Kentucky has to offer. The first time I had the pleasure to dine here, I enjoyed a Hot Brown and a couple of glasses of their wine. Since that visit, I vowed a return trip. So, I went again this past May, only to find it closed for the day. So since I'm not in the area often, I figured it best to call first next time. Well, the "next" time came on July 26th. I called to find that they are currently only open for lunch. So I planned my time in the area around their schedule. I went back to have another Hot Brown. This was what I ordered the first time I had the pleasure to eat here and it was memorable again!! Now, I like to consider myself a connoisseur of these hot bubbly cheesy open faced Turkey sandwich casseroles because I know what I like! I usually order one whenever it's on a menu, just to compare. Having grown up in Louisville, Kentucky I had them many a time at the Brown Hotel where this dish originated and became famous. So up until I found Acres of Land, I considered my homemade version to be the best next to the Brown Hotels. But let me be the first to say that the Hot Brown at Acres of Land is even better than the Brown Hotels!! This place is consistent in quality! Wow was it good! My husband ordered one as well and he agreed! We also ordered a cup of the soup of the day, Beef Stew, since the waitress was telling us how wonderful it was. Well folks, pass on this one..... Think hamburger and vegetables..... Hum, not what I think of when I am making "beef" stew. But do try the Hot Brown! As far as the wines, I tried the taster of the dry whites and reds. The Marie's Merlot and the Russell Land Reserve Chambourcin were my favorites, but to each his own when testing wine. We all have different tastes. Bottom line, I will return the next time I am in the area and hope the Hot Brown is still on the menu!! There's also outside dining, but look out for the smokers! And service was very slow, so order 2 glasses of wine when you first get there!

• Visited July 2013