“Go for the food, not the wine.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Kent, Ohio, United States
“Go for the food, not the wine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Food was terrific. Try the Hot Brown, really good. We were told elsewhere that the wine used to be good. The wine samples we had were not. Wines were all flat.

Visited October 2012

Lexington, Kentucky
“Don't try to use a coupon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stopped in to Acres of Land for a bottle of wine and because we had a coupon. First off, they didn't have the wine we wanted. We chose another and the bartender took our coupon and said she'd be right back. When she returned she said she couldn't take the coupon because even though it clearly stated in large print it was good for any purchase down at the bottom in tiny print it said not good on wine-excuse me, this is a winery. Meanwhile, Lowell came up acting like our best friend. I have met him on occasion but nothing to merit his effusive greeting-I would not mention it except something definitely seemed off with him. Also, one waitress came back from serving the ONE table with people at it (dinner hour on a Saturday) and told the bartender that since they didn't have anymore white wine the people were going to get Rose instead of what they ordered. Excuse me-THIS IS A WINERY.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Joseph
“Great for a tour group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I brought a motorcoach tour group here and we had a fantastic experience. The food was outstanding - you MUST try the bread pudding dessert with bourbon sauce - and the service was great. We had a big group, but the staff had our tables all set when we arrived and the entrees were excellent. We had a wine-tasting with dinner, and it was great. This place is a few miles out in the countryside, but is DEFINITELY worth the little drive to get there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, KY
“A little way off I-75”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The prime rib on Fridays is out of this world. The service is fantastic and the wines are really, really, enjoyable. i am not a wine expert by any means, but I know what I like and I like their wines.

Sitting on the patio over looking the grape vines is relaxing and they don't rush you.

Visited April 2012
Berea Ky
“Peaceful Interlude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

A friend was visiting from Florida and I wanted a special place to take her. Another friend and I decided on Acres of Land. It was a wonderful decision! The resturant is beautiful. I had always loved the old resturant that burned. This was my first visit to the new resturant. We ate on the porch so we could enjoy the afternoon and the view. The food was great,,,the service was very good. If you are looking for a special place for entertaining special people,,,,,this is it.

• Visited August 2012