“Can't Go Wrong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Richmond

You added Quality Inn Richmond to your Saves list
Quality Inn Richmond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2006 Colby Taylor Drive, Richmond, KY 40475 (Formerly Jameson Inn Richmond)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Jackson, Mississippi
“Can't Go Wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My name is Manda and I've visited Richmond several times, only staying at The Jameson this one time. I have never even been to Trip Advisor to rate anything! However, I was Very Impressed and wanted to say a little about the service and experience I recieved.
Service was Excellent! From check-in to the moment I left. The Manager stayed late because I was checking in and she was helping me really close to her leaving for the day. I had lots of questions as I was there with lots of family. She never rushed me and was so polite. I even liked her words of choice. (My Pleasure) As the manager, I could really see Shawna's leadership flow throughout the rest of the staff. Including houskeeping. We never had issues with towels, cleanliness, or service. And the price was very competitive. My stay at the Jameson was far better than the other hotels in the same area (I won't mention the names) that I've previously stayed when in Richmond. Needless to say... they have EARNED my business. I shall return only here on All future visits to Richmond. You can't go wrong booking here. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shawna G, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Manda,
Its always nice to get a postive review from a first time guest. Jameson Inn team members strive to bring quality and excellent service to each and every guest. I was Happy to stay and see that you got checked in and were pleased with your room. Given the many competitive hotels in the area, I would like to Thank You for selecting Jameson Inn for your family reunion. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Shawna Gadd, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed a the Richmond Jameson because it was the hotel of choice for our Family Reunion in Richmond. I can't say enough about the staff; The General Manager, Shawna Gadd went out of her way to make sure not only myself, but the entire party were completely satisfied with their stay. She also ecplained that Jameson had recently made improvements, enhancing the rooms with granite and flat screen TV's. Breakfast was served hot and delicious. Ms. Andi had the best personality and charismatic charm, it was like eating with family.

I can't say enough about the stay. I'm easy to please... Give me a bed, a hot shower, and good food and I'm happy. Jameson exceeded my expectations with Exceptional Service. I Highly Recommend! -WS

Room Tip: Just ask. They have no problem servicing you!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Willie,
I am pleased to hear the Jameson Inn was the right choice to accomadate your family reunion. I am delighted to hear the compliment about our front desk making you feel like a part of the family during breakfast. Here at the Jameson we hope to leave a good impression along with delivering Great customer service. Thank You and your Family for giving us the oppertunity to be your hotel of choice.

Shawna Gadd, General Manager
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for over a month, and could not be more pleased. I travel a lot for business, and for the cost this is the nicest hotel I've stayed at. You will not find more bang for your buck than this hotel. The rooms are very roomy, my room is big enough for a king size bed and a large chair and ottoman, along with a refrigerator, microwave, corner desk, office chair. The rooms and hotel in general are very clean. One of the reviews on here complains about the tv's. The tv's were replaced last week and the rooms now have brand new 36" flat screen tv's. The hotel is under new management, and many of the complaints by prior guests are no longer an issue. The new management is great and the hotel staff are all very friendly and professional. I will definitely stay here on my next business trip to the Richmond area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Suwannee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The air conditioner, much like all "under-window units", was noisy, shifting from quiet to noisy, really noisy. Box springs were off the frame, so when I sat down, the bed sunk to the floor on my side. I was able to muscle it back in position, but it will probably drop down again (Yes, I will tell them about it). The room was very clean, especially the bathroom, and the bed was comfortable, with five pillows (king sized bed). The TV is a tube-type, and not very large screened. Nice writing desk and recliner. Wi-fi would come and go, requiring you to re-log in very often. We were lucky enough to get a first floor room, and it was quiet (no freeway noise), until the early risers started stirring around. The breakfast (included) was a little skimpy, but may have been picked over by the time we got there at 8:00 AM. There was no fruit, but again, maybe it was already gone. Oatmeal, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, pastries and bagels were most of the fare. Coffee was excellent! Hotel is showing its age a little, but OK for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Everything seems cheap and dirty. Carpet worn, thin walls. Normal conversation level can be heard through the adjoining walls. Tour bus got to breakfast before me and nothing was replaced though there was 1.5 hrs left. Definitely will not stay at a Jameson again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Davenport, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Jameson Inn in Richmond. The location is convenient. My first impression was, "why don't they wash the front of the building - it's covered in dirt!" They have apparently repainted/whitewashed up to the level that a painter can reach. Above that, the front is a dingy grey. Not sure why they would do that. The front desk/checkin was very courteous and helpful. As for the rooms, they feel somewhat like a dormitory. The bathroom is an odd and tiny shape. The beds were pretty stiff, but I was so tired it did not bother me. I did notice coughing and hall traffic sound, so we used our own fan to create white noise. We did not stay for the breakfast bar, but it looked good. Overall, it is just OK - not a place to seek out but not a bad stay either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Dirty bath rooms, carpet filthy.
Lots of activity in the parking lot next to the bowling alley.
Not my 1,2 or 3rd choice

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Quality Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!