“Good Location for Meals & Shopping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Richmond

You added Quality Inn Richmond to your Saves list
Quality Inn Richmond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2006 Colby Taylor Drive, Richmond, KY 40475 (Formerly Jameson Inn Richmond)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Good Location for Meals & Shopping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel both on our way to and from my brother's wedding in Mt. Holly, North Carolina. It is located just off Interstate 75 with a lot of restaurants and a shopping mall nearby. The beds in the room we had going were hard and not at all comfortable, but the beds in the room we had on our way home were fine. The continental breakfast included Belgian waffles, unfortunately, they stuck to the griddle both mornings. We let Hotwire choose this hotel for both nights and the rates were extremely reasonable.

Room Tip: The good beds were on the third floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Based on our last experience, we decided to stay here again on our way from North Carolina to Indiana. Unlike our previous stay, which was very good (you can read my previous review from July 2011), this stay was one notch down.

1) The hotel was surprisingly empty. This is not necessarily a downside, but unlike the summer where I scored a $59 coupon room, I paid $89 for a room that I probably could have walked in and gotten much cheaper. Shame on me? Probably.

2) The friendliness that we enjoyed from the staff in the summer was lacking this time around. The front desk staff seemed bored and largely disinterested. Having worked in a hotel before, I understand the difficulty of staying energetic when occupancy is low, but more effort could have been made.

3) By 8:45 AM, the breakfast was half gone and it was clear that it was not going to be restocked prior to closing at 10:00 AM despite a slow, but steady stream of guests.

4) Unlike last time, the bed we received this time around was very uncomfortable - the mattress was in great need of replacement.

Despite these negatives, the hotel was still clean and suited our general needs of traveling with a toddler. I suspect the quality of the hotel is somewhere in the middle between my previous positive review and this back luck review.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stopped here on the return from the Carolinas. We planned on driving further but it was raining very hard and we wanted to get off the road. We had a travel coupon book and stopped first at a place across the freeway. We checked out that room and decided to pay slightly more for the Jameson Inn. We were very glad we did. It was much nicer but still a good price. We asked the very nice person at check in if we could trade rooms when the first one we had was a connecting room and we could hear the TV and conversation in the next room. It was a little small in size but very clean and quiet. The breakfast was great and all the people who worked there seemed to care about their guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a non connecting room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
West Carrollton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I booked this hotel ,(i thought through the Jameson Inn) to my surprise it ended up being Expedia who took my call, I had special requests with Checking in early, (funeral ) later that day! When we arrived at the hotel to my surprise nothing was arranged as the (expedia people told me, however the manager of the hotel took care of everything we needed, NO WAITING,GOT US RIGHT IN. I have to say the King Bedrooms was exceptionally Large! not only that, free breakfast included. The most comfortable beds, which is why I wanted to book here they have plush pillow top & exceptionally nice bedding. I & my parents had a very restful sleep, also a microwave in room with refridge. If you ever need to book IN RICHMAND , KY I suggest the Jameson Inn

Room Tip: King size are exceptionally large with reclining chair, microwave & fridgge included in al rooms...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Minonk, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Great place to stay looks like it just opened but found out that its been open for 8 years !!! I wqould stay here next year when we come down to the Smokies !!! Nice Breakfast !!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

If you have seen the Seinfeld clip about reservations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7uvttu8ct0 then you know what I mean. I reserved a room at this hotel in September for a stay in late October. We arrived at night with our baby only to find out we didn't have a room at the Jameson at all. Instead we were directed to the Clarion, which thankfully did have space since there was none at the Inn. There was no form of compensation other than we were graciously allowed to return for the continental breakfast. Why did they not hold my prepaid reservation? Seems a bit greedy to give away a prepaid room to double book it. Not very happy with our first experience with the Jameson brand.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Our family of five stayed in two adjoining rooms and were pleasantly surprised how nice they were, and how much space we had to spread out. We were very impressed with how we were treated, and how they made our girls feel special. The staff made us feel welcome and always greeted us with a smile. The breakfast was included, and had a wide variety of choices that was perfect for our family. We are already planning our next trip, and will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Quality Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!