“CLEAN!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
“CLEAN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We just left this hotel after a great stay. From the girl who greeted us at the front desk to the lady who put the breakfast together, these employees take PRIDE in what they do. I have never written a review good or bad, I just had to write this one. The room was so clean and neat. The beds were
made with such care. I wish we were staying longer. The drink machine had healthy selections as well as the Yummy not so healthy drinks. Overall I would give this hotel a 5 +. Within walking distance to Steak n Shake, Burger King, Ryans, Bob Evans, Starbucks, a bowling alley & Sports bar!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

So you're probably looking for a place to stay in this area and searching Tripadvisor like I was. You read these reviews and try to make the best estimation of how to spend your money (it's 2012 and our collective financial world is completely hell) for a decent nights rest, right?

Let me preface this statement with this...

I travel (spent 21 years in the military) a lot! I've stayed in great places and I've stayed in some really bad places. This Holiday Inn Express will be categorized in my great places to stay!

Bottom line:
Super clean rooms, professional staff, great location and all around awesome hotel! The room was very comfortable and modern in design equipped with a great bed. I slept like a baby all night! I felt so comfortable here! There are several great places to grab a bite to eat or pick up essential amenities should you be in that situation. There is a gym and an indoor pool but no hot tub... what ev'

It is of importance to note the breakfast here is great also! No, the breakfast was reallllly good!

STAY HERE! Very cool place, great for the value, wicked clean and super comfy!!!

I heart this place!

• Stayed July 2012
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had an excellent stay! Check-in was a breeze, front-desk staff was exemplary.

Pros:
+ Our first-floor single king suite right around the corner from the elevator was immaculately clean. Despite the proximity to the elevator and ice room right across the hallway, it was serenely quiet.
+ Our bathroom door creaked pretty loudly, which woke up our sleeping baby every time we opened or closed it; However, the front desk staff went way out of their way to find a can of industrial lubricant to help. Unfortunately, the door still squeaked even after application of the lube, but the staff's enthusiastic willingness to help was awesome.
+ Everything worked: TV, lights, etc. Wireless internet was super fast and reliable.
+ Huge, well-lit parking lot with plenty of parking spaces.
+ Easy to find, right off the highway.
+ Super comfy bed.
+ Did I say, "clean"? This was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever seen. I had no problem letting my one-year old crawl around. Probably was cleaner than my own home!

Cons:
- Bathroom door creaked, fairly loudly...not your average-decibel creak (see above) -- but staff went way out of their way to help.

I've stayed at several HIExpresses so far, and this one's one of the best. Way to go, guys!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear HollandMITraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and thorough review. The staff and I appreciate that our hard work and attention to detail has not gone unnoticed. I know from experience that traveling with a baby can be a challenge especially letting them down to play. The fact that you let your 1 year old crawl around on our floor is the highest complement that you could give us. We sincerely appreciate that!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went to Kentucky for a conference at EKU with a few people from my college. These rooms were absolutely beautiful, comfortable, and quiet. The front desk guy was awesome. He's from NC (my home state and where we were travelling from) and has the best personality. They had popcorn and cookies in the lounge when we arrived that evening, and the breakfast was pretty good. Fruit was also available throughout the day. I have no complaints about the room, the service, or the amenities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear LT23NC,

We take great pride in delivering a memorable experience to all of our guests. I am glad we were able to make your visit to Richmond just that.

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed a this hotel 1 night on 6/23 for a wedding in Richmond at EKU which is 5 minutes from the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful with our questions. We did have a refrigerator in the room which was nice. We were given a small gift bag at arrival. There are several restaurants nearby and a small mall across the street. The hotel was sold out for the night and when we returned from our wedding there was no place to park in their lot so the staff allowed us to park in the drivethru. The breakfast was better than most. First time I have seen an automatic pancake maker. You pushed a button and the machine dropped the batter on a belt and cooked it and out it came on your plate. It tasted pretty good as well. The waitress at breakfast was helpful. This hotel has my recommendation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Starglazer,

Thank you for the kind words.

The pancake machine is the newest addition to our breakfast buffet bar. Guests of all ages are fascinated with the way the machine works. For something that cooks so quickly, I too like the taste.

We hope to see you again should your future tavels bring you to our town.

Huntsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Our son was married over the weekend of June 29/30 and we reserved a block of rooms for our out of town guests. Our excellent experience began months before when we received a full tour of the hotel by Allen, the manager. The staff was wonderful in accomodating our guests and their needs for specific rooms, passing out welcome bags to guests,etc. The facilities were very clean and updated after the recent remodeling. We also reserved the conference room for a breakfast area for our family and friends on Sunday morning after the wedding and when we walked in, the tables were even set with table cloths. All of the staff from the front desk to housekeeping was friendly and helpful. We could not asked for a better experience!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lydia B,

Wedding preparations can be a stressful time and I am glad to hear that we were able to help with a few of the details. The entire staff strives to make certain that all guests will be taken care of. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you our way.

Grant, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had reservations, but the I75 expressway signs do NOT indicate which way to turn when you get to the top of the ramp (I guess they are working on that). Go WEST at the top of the ramp.
Allen at the front desk is great--checked us in in no time. What a positive experience.

Great breakfast, then we were on out way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Impala Guy,

Sorry for the difficulty you had in locating our property. Unfortunately there is no more space for the hotel to purchase to indicate direction. We are working with the city to see what alternate solution we can come up with.

Sima

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond? Share your experiences!